The Big Picture: Continanity: Rebooted

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Continanity: Rebooted

Comics don't really need a reboot, they need commercials.

Watch Video

MrMisfit

Apr 8, 2008
I have to ask, what's up with the accent?

Edit: I now know what's up. Everyone can now move on.

bor3ds0ul

Apr 8, 2008
How is his voice changing from the usual voice to another... different American accent. I can't name it.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
MrMisfit said:
It's his natural accent. He usually tends to tone it down for these things, but aye, I was thinking the same thing >.>

messy

Dec 3, 2008
MrMisfit said:
Yeah I was thinking that, it seems much more pronounced then usual.

Really good episode, even more since one of my friends who watches comic based cartoons and movies and yet refuses to read the comics due to "continuity confusion." Then I explained you can just go out and get "Blackest Night" etc. as, pretty much, self contained stories.

Wuvlycuddles

Oct 29, 2009
I had to go back and watch some of an old episode to see if it was always there, it's not.

So one accent is fake, which one?

But the crazy thing is, once i noticed, i couldn't unotice and the rest of the episode went right over my head.... need to rewatch

Rarhnor

Jun 2, 2010
MrMisfit said:
Queens(ish) accent. It's probably something, Bob expects us to figure out or otherwise just know. Yet, here we are...

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
MrMisfit said:
Bob's from Boston, so he has a Boston accent. You usually don't hear it because he rehearses what he has to say to make sure it doesn't show, but sometimes, when he's really angry or frustrated with something, it starts slipping.

See his Oscar Nominations/The Dark Knight rant for 2009 to see what I mean.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
bor3ds0ul said:
How is his voice changing from the usual voice to another... different American accent. I can't name it.
He sounds like a post-game commentator for the Yankees.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Wondered when he was going to start talking about the 52. Good episode.

BTW, for those of you are are interesting in DC comics a bunch of stuff is being release TOMORROW including Batgirl, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Stormwatch and Grant Morrison's new Golden Age, champion of the oppressed take on Superman in Action Comics (among other things). Justice League came out last week and the best of the new #1s are going to be released over the next 3 weeks. And like said the whole thing is being release digitally, via Comixology.com mainly I think.

Moviebob said people always ask if they want to get into comics where do they start? Well folks, you start NOW!

Ramrunner7

Jun 23, 2010
I was planning to stop reading DC comics after I finish Brightest Day because of this reboot. Sorry DC comics executives.

Great episode/Boston accent Bob!

rayen020

May 20, 2009
damn bob, really letting that bostonian accent out this week huh?

EDIT; for nay and all wondering in his very first video back in the escapist present archive, he talks says his boston accent really comes out when he's mad or emotional about something. It's a boston accent, thats where he lives, thats what it is.

CAPTCHA;

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
The voice changed threw me off abit.

But anyways, I never read comic books, but maybe ill give the reboot here a shot.

Oh, and the combination of Powergirls rack and the Simpson's comicbook guy smile caused me to fall over LMAO.