The Big Picture: Do the Mario!

uberhippy

Apr 28, 2011
A great segment as always Bob. I have the odd desire to perhaps, swing my arms from side to side,, mabey even take a step forward, and another..

internetzealot1

Aug 11, 2009
A while back I watched an episode of the Zelda cartoon on Youtube. It actually wasn't too bad; I had planned to watch the whole series, but never got around to it. Maybe someday.

Redd the Sock

Apr 14, 2010
Man that makes me feel old.

I watched that as much as I could, but I only got it sparadically, mostly because my mother was trying to get me off the video games at the time and into schoolwork and boooks she'd define as "less wierd". The fact I'm here now should tell you how successful she was.

It's one of those shows I avoid going back to just because so much from the 80s didn't age well into today, but I won't deny, it looks like that MST3K kind of bad you can't help but enjoy despite yourself.

Now, please talk Captian N.

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010

Specifically at 0:40, but if you haven't heard it, watch the whole thing.

OT: An interesting take on the series. I've always had conflicting feelings about it.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Oh god yes, the Super Show was awesome, and I completely forgot about those cameos!

Sergeant Slaughter was awesome.

DoctorPhil

Apr 25, 2011
That was interesting, thanks Bob.
I always hated the cartoon sections of the mario show, but I loved the live action parts.

PunkyMcGee

A Clever Title
Apr 5, 2010
subtlefuge said:

Specifically at 0:40, but if you haven't heard it, watch the whole thing.

OT: An interesting take on the series. I've always had conflicting feelings about it.
These guys sound familiar. Did they also do a Mega Man 3 one, or something?

EDIT: nope it was MM2

ArmorArmadillo

Mar 31, 2010
I'm kind of getting bored of these videos. "Hey, remember these shows, well, they existed." I mean, I enjoy it when it's SUPER obscure like the Ghostbusters episode or the Street Fighter movie, but this is just kind of meh. Not terrible, but nothing special.

Claymore007

Apr 30, 2011
born in '83, got an NES before the 90s, watch LOTS of SMB,Zelda, and Captain N...
though sometimes I would switch off Captain N to Gilligan's Isle because Captain N was HORRIFFIC!! I still swear that Simon Belmont from that show is actually his cowardly alpha-male cousin using his name because it sounds better than his.

but anyway, Nostalgia/9000

sarok5

Aug 26, 2010
Thanks for that, the nostalgia was intoxicating. I couldn't believe how quickly that song came back to me (kinda scary considering... I mean, how well must they have brainwashed me when I was a kid?). Just - like - that!

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Nintendo wasn't that big over here, we had the Commodore instead, however I did get nostalgic seeing Captain Lou, I immediately went off to youtube and started looking for Nikolai Volkoff and George The Animal Steele videos.

Scarlet Mongoose

Mar 26, 2011
I loved this Mario show. The other 2 weren't as good. But they were still fun for that 80s cheese-fest nostalgia. And yeah... ignoring the OBNOXIOUS "excuuuuuse me Princess" catchphrase, the Zelda show wasn't actually terrible if you give it a chance.
Well said MovieBob.

VonBrewskie

Apr 9, 2009
Bob, thank you for that trip back to elementary school buddy. I used to rush home after school on Fridays like my ass was on fire to watch Zelda. It was THE event of the week. (The Batman Animated Series wouldn't be out for another couple of years, I think.) I actually didn't even remember that "exuuuuuuuse me Princess" line until I saw a pretty funny post about it on Reddit a few weeks ago. Right on bruthah!