The Big Picture: Jawsome

Mahoshonen

Jul 28, 2008
I'd actually be most interested in learning more about the behind the scenes stuff for Sonic SatAM. Although I never caught the Sonic Bug (praise the Lord for that) I must admit that that show really kicked ass, and would love to hear how it stood head and sholders above almost every Videogame cartoon that was around at the time.

Jamane

Sep 24, 2010
I was hoping extreme dinsaurs would end up in this, I kinda want see what he thinks of transformers : beast wars though.

Jamane

Sep 24, 2010
Trishbot said:
Oh, the 90s. SOOO many "mutant/superhero/monster" hero shows.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Street Sharks
Biker Mice from Mars
Extreme Dinosaurs
Mutant League
Mummies Alive!
Gargoyles
Creepy Crawlers
Skysurfer Strykeforce
King Arthur and the Knights of Justice
Toxic Crusaders
Stone Protectors
Cowboys of Moo Mesa

Can anybody think of any others?
bloody hell I forgot about mummies alive

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
For a moment I thought this was going to tied in with the Dinosaucers. Oh well.

vid87

May 17, 2010
*sigh* I had Ripster, the shark car, and Killamari.

Seriously, just do an episode on Cy-boars (if they ever even got a show) and you'll have profiled every damn toy I've ever owned.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
I only ever watched a few episodes of the shows but I had both Street Sharks and Extreme Dinosaur toys. Good stuff man, right in the childhood. Great episode.

AgentLampshade

Nov 9, 2009
I sat giggling the whole time. I used to watch this as a kid and had no idea there was an overarching storyline. Same with the Extreme Dinosaurs.

To continue the trend of half animal/half man posts. I'll just post a certain theme song.

Let's rock...and ride!!!

Dec 15, 2009
thehorror2 said:
Was there any cartoon in the 90s without the generic, godawful power metal theme tune?
Well there was Gargoyles and... I think that was it...

Like almost everyone else I remember that I watched this show as a kid, but I couldn't tell you a damn thing about it. I also had some of the toys, the Hammerhead and the Tiger Shark I think. Now, having been reminded of the show, I am clearly reminded of how bad TV was during my childhood, so thanks for that.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
A3sir said:
So now Biker Mice from Mars?
I think this is like the Chicken & Egg dilemma. Which came first, the sharks or the mice?

I'm saying that while being about 90% sure that BMFM came first - but it does speak to the fairly interchangeable nature of both properties. In both cases you had some me-too cartoon animals made to look tough in the vain hopes of stealing the Ninja Turtles' crown.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
The people that voiced their human allies worked at on of our local theaters, which i participated in heavily(one that did more plays for children) when I was in high school and so while they were recording in a satellite studio for some of this show. Specifically Jim Hoggit's character.

Mr_Terrific

Oct 29, 2011
Trishbot said:

Street Sharks
Biker Mice from Mars
Extreme Dinosaurs
Mutant League
Mummies Alive!
Gargoyles
Creepy Crawlers
Skysurfer Strykeforce
Toxic Crusaders
Stone Protectors
Cowboys of Moo Mesa

Ziv Zulander and the Bots Master. It's basically the same deal cept it's robots in the far off distant future of 2025 or something like that.

Also pretty sure the main bad guy was named Paradim also... Not very creative in the 90's.

Sir Shockwave

Jul 4, 2011
Leemaster777 said:
...and another one featuring monkey-men (like Planet of the Apes in space).
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's a reference to this [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WesternAnimation/CaptainSimianAndTheSpaceMonkeys]

OT: Come to think of it, I think Bob summed up a lot of 90's shows there. "Generic as hell" is probably how I'd describe SWAT Katz (which yes, I did track down and watch). It's also the reason I could barely remember Extreme Dinosaurs before I saw that little clip. And probably the other reason I haven't gone and hunted down Biker Mice from Mars.

That, and dread of what horrors they might bring back to the fore O_O

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Oh wow, I remember Street Sharks and Extreme Dinosaurs... albeit barely, since I haven't seen either since I was younger...

Still, maybe they could go a reboot? ...Maybe.

Trishbot said:

Street Sharks
Biker Mice from Mars
Extreme Dinosaurs
Mutant League
Mummies Alive!
Gargoyles
Creepy Crawlers
Skysurfer Strykeforce
Toxic Crusaders
Stone Protectors
Cowboys of Moo Mesa

Would the cartoon adaptation of Darkstalkers count?

Sir Shockwave

Jul 4, 2011
CrazyGirl17 said:
Oh wow, I remember Street Sharks and Extreme Dinosaurs... albeit barely, since I haven't seen either since I was younger...

Still, maybe they could go a reboot? ...Maybe.
Well, if they rebooted Biker Mice...which they did... X3