The Big Picture: Jawsome

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
I had never seen Street Sharks at all.

I had seen plenty of other cartoons though.

Two in particular that I haven't seen mentioned are actually quite a bit better than your average extended toy commercial.

Jayce & the Wheeled Warriors

The Pirates of Dark Water

I don't think either ever got finished. I would LOVE for a reboot like the New Masters of the Universe cartoons from a few years ago.

Also, Gargoyles. Goliath's voice was so cool.

I barely remember Mighty Max, the show, but I do remember I had a lot of the toys including a large volcano.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
AgentLampshade said:
I sat giggling the whole time. I used to watch this as a kid and had no idea there was an overarching storyline. Same with the Extreme Dinosaurs.

To continue the trend of half animal/half man posts. I'll just post a certain theme song.

Let's rock...and ride!!!
For what it's worth, I remember Biker Mice from Mars with greater fondness because the animation was better (if only just) and the three Mice were distinct both visually and emotionally. My favorite was Modo, the grey one with the cyborg arm: he was nice mix of the southern gentleman and gentle giant but once he gets moving, holy shit find yourself a tank to hide in.

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
I remember watching both street sharks and xtreme dinosaurs when I was a kid but the cartoon show I really remember during the 90s was Bucky O'Hare. At the time TMNT was going downhill and had become really hard to follow since reruns were few and far between on Saturday morning but I remember always watching that show even though it was a bit corny

AgentLampshade

Nov 9, 2009
Gordon_4 said:
For what it's worth, I remember Biker Mice from Mars with greater fondness because the animation was better (if only just) and the three Mice were distinct both visually and emotionally. My favorite was Modo, the grey one with the cyborg arm: he was nice mix of the southern gentleman and gentle giant but once he gets moving, holy shit find yourself a tank to hide in.
My mama didn't raise no stinkin' rat!

My favourite was Vinnie, the badass ladies man with the red bike and comic relief character. Some of the villains were pretty cool too. I think there was a guy called Hard Rock who used his guitar to send shockwaves or something.

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
Never saw Street Sharks, but that Extreme Dinosaurs clip hit me right in the nostalgia gland.
I watched it a lot as a kid, and the characters were a lot more diverse and memorable than the street sharks.

jecht35

Jul 2, 2011
Has Bob done anything about Gargoyles? I would really love to see a big picture about Gargoyles. I was supremely sad when it was canceled and then later brought back to make that meh 3rd season. At least the comics were great.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Ah, yes, I remember this.
I never had any toys, though. These humanoid monster-toys never were my thing, I liked dinosaurs and more non-human monsters. My Godzilla toy was a bad guy when I played because it had the human-like posture.

But I do remember this show was on a channel I didn't get, and my friend did, and described this show as the best ever because someone's face melted off.

I have a slight suspicion she was exaggerating.