The Big Picture: Junk Drawer 2014

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Junk Drawer 2014

MovieBob takes on Shia LaBeouf, Family Guy and Man of Steel 2.

Watch Video

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Live-action Kite. Why?

WHY!?

I'm sorry, but the rape scene in both versions of Girl with a Dragon Tattoo was enough for me. I'd prefer not to see where a Kite adaptation takes that >.>

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
I'm still laughing at your reaction to Shia Labeouf, but I admit not being a big fan of other people misery, even if I can't stand them...

On another note... Wow, they're really trying to pump up Superman vs Batman, putting every cannon fodder they can...

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
I disagree with you about Lex Luthor because it makes sense to me that Lex Luthor would want to profit from his various inventions. The existence of Lex Corp also gives him a good vantage point to pull off his schemes for and gives a good way to explain how he can launch attacks on Superman so often and still afford the next giant robot.

Burnouts3s3

Jan 20, 2012
On the note of 2 Broke Girls, wouldn't 'sexy humor' first have to qualify as 'humor' to begin with? I've seen that show. I don't think it's very funny...

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Fappy said:
Live-action Kite. Why?

WHY!?

I'm sorry, but the rape scene in both versions of Girl with a Dragon Tattoo was enough for me. I'd prefer not to see where a Kite adaptation takes that >.>
Ugh... the flashback when Saya is like twelve is something way too Japanese to see without revolting... and I'm supposed to be used to their shit. I can't imagine how someone who isn't would feel.

Azex

Jan 17, 2011
There is an amazing scene in both the comic and animated feature of All-Star Superman that really shows off the ideas Bob has about Lex and his resentment towards 'the alien'. It's the one were he is pumping iron and talking to clark in prison, it really lines up with The Rock thing.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Earthfield said:
Fappy said:
Live-action Kite. Why?

WHY!?

Ugh... the flashback when Saya is like twelve is something way too Japanese to see without revolting... and I'm supposed to be used to their shit. I can't imagine how someone who isn't would feel.
Yeah, I was squirming the whole time and this is coming from someone who has seen A Serbian Film.

DX

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
I also think the Rock would make a great Luthor. It'd be Lex Luthor as Watchmen's Ozymandias--the pinnacle of human mental and physical ability.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
Um could somebody please tell me what kite is?

How the hell do you even plagiarize a apology.

Kind of a shame that they didn?t really kill off brian, but alas the god of status quo had to be appeased.

Man of steel 2 is starting to sound less and like a movie in its own right and more like a prequel to a justice league movie.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Brian's "death" had me asking "why? Why? Why not all of them?"

I didn't honestly get the big deal, because it's Family Guy. But still, it was an interesting "gotcha." In that it actually got people.

Earthfield said:
I'm still laughing at your reaction to Shia Labeouf, but I admit not being a big fan of other people misery, even if I can't stand them...

On another note... Wow, they're really trying to pump up Superman vs Batman, putting every cannon fodder they can...
I have no idea what's up with Shia, but it seems DC is hell-bent on making a Justice League movie even if they have to forgo all buildup.

Andrew Siribohdi said:
On the note of 2 Broke Girls, wouldn't 'sexy humor' first have to qualify as 'humor' to begin with? I've seen that show. I don't think it's very funny...
What on Network TV is? I suppose he uses the term "humour" in a relative sense.

Azex said:
There is an amazing scene in both the comic and animated feature of All-Star Superman that really shows off the ideas Bob has about Lex and his resentment towards 'the alien'. It's the one were he is pumping iron and talking to clark in prison, it really lines up with The Rock thing.
Oh, I forgot about that, but it was pretty good.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
You definitely have... interesting tastes in what you think Lex Luthor should be.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009

Yeah, I think he could be Luthor. Can you imagine him in a fitted suit? Hell, say what you will about the Daredevil movie, Michael Clark Duncan did work decently as a slightly slimmed down Kingpin. All you need is a director willing to effectively force Johnson to speak in a more eloquent (or even a forced eloquent) voice.

empirialtank

Jan 22, 2010
the idea of the rock as lex luther made me pause the video and laugh to myself for a worrying amount of time. I would totally support that casting.

Leonardo Huizar

Jul 1, 2012
Hey Bobby, His name is Green Lantern *John Stewart*, Not the "Black GL" That is not the 1st time you did "that" when mentioning him.

You know the Not a Racist towards black americans, killer of GL corp, destroyer of govt property and his own movie franchise.

The Marine, guy who used his construction expertise to design the watchtower, 2nd oldest earthborn GL, and one of top instructors of the GL corp

SlightlyEvil

Jan 17, 2008
The Gentleman said:

Yeah, I think he could be Luthor. Can you imagine him in a fitted suit? Hell, say what you will about the Daredevil movie, Michael Clark Duncan did work decently as a slightly slimmed down Kingpin. All you need is a director willing to effectively force Johnson to speak in a more eloquent (or even a forced eloquent) voice.
Come to think of it, since MCD is no longer with us, Johnson would be a pretty good Kingpin. Especially since they're working on a Daredevil series.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Fappy said:
Earthfield said:
Fappy said:
Live-action Kite. Why?

WHY!?

Yeah, I was squirming the whole time and this is coming from someone who has seen A Serbian Film.

DX
Oh, Christ...

I found A Serbian Film in the bin at the video shop once. It was only about nine crowns/barely one dollar. I bought it and threw it in a river, to rid mankind of at least one copy of that abomination. It felt as if it was giving of lethal psionic radiation, and I can only hope I got it off my hands before I sustained permanent damage.

I dearly hope I will never have to stare into the horrid abyss that is the Kite DVD... Disposing of that would likely be my last sacrifice.

Although I'll have to find a better solution than throwing it in the river. I don't want the sea draugar eventually mailing the cursed thing back to me.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
themilo504 said:
Wait how the hell do you plagiarize a apology?
also what?s kite?
He worte part of a script for something and was caught plagiarizing from Ghost World's Cartoonist Daniel Clowes and then plagiarized part of the apology, and was caught again.

http://gawker.com/shia-labeouf-fucks-up-gets-caught-plagiarizing-again-1484814448

snowfi6916

Nov 22, 2010
I usually can download the video with my Galaxy S3, but it keeps reloading the page instead of downloading the video. Can one of the admins please see what's wrong? And yes I'm a premium member already.

piclemaniscool

Dec 19, 2008
For a compilation of shorter notes, this was a fairly satisfying episode. You have my blessing to do this again anytime you're pressed for time.