The Big Picture: Junk Drawer 2014

Salad Is Murder

Oct 27, 2007
Clancy Brown as Lex Luthor? Can we swing it?

Maybe find some way to get Peter Weller and Jeff Goldblum in as well...Buckaroo Banzai gettin' the band back together!

I remember reading a lot of silver age Green Lanterns, a lot from the 80s and early 90s where Jon Stewart was just starting his run, and I would love to see him in the movie. I'd like Chewitel Ejiofor or Idris Elba instead of Denzel, though.

Storm Dragon

Nov 29, 2011
Leonardo Huizar said:
Hey Bobby, His name is Green Lantern *John Stewart*, Not the "Black GL" That is not the 1st time you did "that" when mentioning him.

You know the Not a Racist towards black americans, killer of GL corp, destroyer of govt property and his own movie franchise.

The Marine, guy who used his construction expertise to design the watchtower, 2nd oldest earthborn GL, and one of top instructors of the GL corp
I just think of him as THE Green Lantern, since the DCAU constitutes the majority of my experience with all of the characters in it. This also applies to Lex Luthor being a businessman rather than a mad scientist and the joker being played by Mark Hamill.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
immortalfrieza said:
I have to ask, why does the Justice League movie (or the Avengers one for that matter) even NEED buildup?
Have you considered asking them? They're the ones who feel the need to ape the Avengers with a project they've been trying to get off the ground since well before the MCU was even a thing.

All the Justice League movie needs is a decent scriptwriter above anything,
Already, you're asking too much.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
crotchdot said:
Waiting for the DVD of the current season of Family Guy I had every second website on the net spoil Brian's death for me before I've had a chance to watch it. Now I've had his resurrection spoiled as well.
I'm frankly surprised you lasted this long.

Britisheagle

May 21, 2009
That picture of the Rock always makes me think he should be Bane. Not Dark Knight Rises Jock Strap Face Bane, but Venom filled titan Bane. Would work too in that Dwayne knows all the moves and characteristics of a wrestler.

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
themilo504 said:
Um could somebody please tell me what kite is?

How the hell do you even plagiarize a apology.

Kind of a shame that they didn?t really kill off brian, but alas the god of status quo had to be appeased.

Man of steel 2 is starting to sound less and like a movie in its own right and more like a prequel to a justice league movie.
I'm not sure it is even a prequel, with Superman, Batman and Wonderwoman, not to mention possible appearances from Nightwing, Flash and Green Lantern, this may well turn out to be a full blown Justice League film.

I will say however that Bob did sell me on the idea of the Rock as Lex Luthor, or at least, someone with a similar physique to the Rock, I am not sure that he has the acting talent himself to pull off the role.

XavierPrice

Sep 14, 2009
I'm going to say it. I'd like to see more of what you'd like to see in the Man of Steel sequel. Predictions, wild speculations, unlikely hopes, so on. I think that would make for a great Big Picture.

Hutzpah Chicken

Mar 13, 2012
Huh. I guess there's a lot of crap surrounding American TV then? I'm surprised that anyone still watches CBS, ABC, and NBC. The thing that people seem to forget is that the greatest form of censorship is to change the channel to something one would want to watch. British TV has shown it is superior to current American TV, at least for me.

Also, totes go with Mogo, the best Green Lantern of them all.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
TallanKhan said:
themilo504 said:
Um could somebody please tell me what kite is?

How the hell do you even plagiarize a apology.

Kind of a shame that they didn?t really kill off brian, but alas the god of status quo had to be appeased.

Man of steel 2 is starting to sound less and like a movie in its own right and more like a prequel to a justice league movie.
I'm not sure it is even a prequel, with Superman, Batman and Wonderwoman, not to mention possible appearances from Nightwing, Flash and Green Lantern, this may well turn out to be a full blown Justice League film.

I will say however that Bob did sell me on the idea of the Rock as Lex Luthor, or at least, someone with a similar physique to the Rock, I am not sure that he has the acting talent himself to pull off the role.
They'll do Justice League as a Superman focused Man of Steel 2, Superman as the protagonist, and then release preqúels films in the Batman Begins/Man of Steel style for all the other heroes with flashbacks and stuff, releasing the more popular ones first, effectively in a reverse fashion from The Avengers so they won't get accused of copying it.

irmasterlol

Apr 11, 2012
But really, let's be honest. Endless sequences of Superpunching, ARE the only reason to make a Superman movie.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Earthfield said:
I'm still laughing at your reaction to Shia Labeouf, but I admit not being a big fan of other people misery, even if I can't stand them...
There really is just no other way to react to nuggets like that. I hadn't heard anything about any of those events, so I had to pause the clip for a good minute while laughing hysterically.

Redd the Sock said:
Also to the people looking to Denzel as John Stewart: you do realize Denzel's pushing 60? Hollywood can take years off, and he's in better shape than most, but that's a lot of work.
Well, -somebody- is going to have to challenge Sean Connery for bragging rights of "oldest guy still kicking ass". Consider this warm-up.[footnote]I know Connery is retired now, hmmkaaay? =)[/footnote]

Grim Shadows

Aug 5, 2010
HBaskerville said:
I'd like to see Idris Elba as Lex Luthor. Seeing as Marvel continues to absolutely nothing interesting with him as Heimdahl, I say let DC have a crack at him. He's a great mix of class, smarts and badass.

The Rock would be great, too. Everything is better with The Rock.

I don't know about Lex Luthor but I think Idris Elba would be good as The Green Lantern.