The Big Picture: Man of Tomorrow

CelestDaer

Mar 25, 2013
Okay, my problem with that scene? Supes and Zod just fell from ORBIT! And yet, hardly two minutes later, Lois Lane walks up and hugs Superman... I went, "Shouldn't he be radiating heat?"

Hutzpah Chicken

Mar 13, 2012
I figure in the sequel that is bound to come, Superman will become more brooding because he killed Zod. Then somewhere in the movie he will become less brooding and upset when he says, "No more killing." From there I don't know what Warner Brothers would do, but I can almost guarantee that will happen.

J-meMalone

Jan 11, 2009
As you may be able to guess, serious spoilers ahead.

I had a lot of problems with Man of Steel honestly, but in terms of killing Zod, my biggest problem was Superman's lack of... well, heroism. I never got the impression that Superman really cared about ANYONE other than Lois and his family. We never see him really bother to try and help anyone except in for one flashback and that incident with Zod. And then Superman SUDDENLY has a dilemma about killing which had no build-up whatsoever.

At no point does Superman really sacrifice to help anyone. I know being indestructible means it's harder for him to do so, but he could have at least TRIED to stop Zod. I was honestly expecting him to put his hand over Zod's eyes, similar to this scene.
Instead we have the sudden neck snap and Zod's dead. No build up beyond the 2 minutes the scene lasts. It's just sort of sad in my opinion.