The Big Picture: MovieBob: FAQ

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Troll Jegern/Troll Hunter is a good movie, definitly review it if you can.
Also, what was your favourite hobby, for some reason a bleeping sound occured when you mentioned it :3

I like to bake aswell...it's fun.

ewhac

Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
Zer0Saber said:
I love MST3K, and I'm glad those guys are still doing that with Rifftrax.
Don't forget Cinematic Titanic [http://www.cinematictitanic.com/]. I've seen a couple of their live performances. They've still got it.

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
Soooo.

Doggy style or missionary?

On a completely different note in a completely different book in a completely different genre, I would love to do one on healthcare but all I could do is one on the NHS in the UK as I live in the UK. My opinions on American healthcare would therefore be biased depending exclusively on what I've heard. Mostly not good things. It's why I've asked you before about doing one on the US healthcare, cos I just don't know about it.

skibadaa

Jun 13, 2009
GrizzlerBorno said:
You didn't mention your favorite game Bob. In a gaming community site like this one, we care about stuff like that. :)
Im pretty sure its probably super mario bros, gee i wonder where i got that idea from...

also: ROBOCOP FTW!!!

theaceplaya

Jul 20, 2009
I agree with you (Bob) saying that if there's something that you (one of the viewers) wants to talk about they should do their own blog or whatever, but I think they ask because they 1) trust that you would handle the subject well and 2) more people would see it on The Escapist as opposed to the thousands of random blogs on the internet now.

Extra points for the Don't Be A Menace in South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood picture. Message!

skibadaa

Jun 13, 2009
Little Duck said:
Soooo.

Doggy style or missionary?

On a completely different note in a completely different book in a completely different genre, I would love to do one on healthcare but all I could do is one on the NHS in the UK as I live in the UK. My opinions on American healthcare would therefore be biased depending exclusively on what I've heard. Mostly not good things. It's why I've asked you before about doing one on the US healthcare, cos I just don't know about it.
American healthcare is just like the NHS exept when they save your life after a near fatal car crash they charge you $50,000 for the service.

Duck_Man52

Nov 11, 2010
Ok I got a question, which comic publishers do you perfer? Marvel, DC, or some other comic publishers

blalien

Jul 3, 2009
The Big Picture and Extra Credits are becoming my favorite movies here, since you get something out of them every time, as opposed to Zero Punctuation where you really don't care if it's a game you've never going to play.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
Any chance you could do the review again and take that tone of heart crushing disdain of of the word "trades"?

I like trades :-(

elbowlick

Jul 1, 2009
Well, if there was ever an opportunity to ask a question this is it. Hey Bob, can you recommend a non-superhero based comic (that isn't walking dead)?

Safaia

Sep 24, 2010
FAQ episodes can be hit or miss but thanks for clearing some stuff up. And I agree with the 'haters' thing. Yahzee said it well too; 'misinterpreted my own opinion' or something like that. Think it was the Borderlands review. Thanks for clearing some of that up and I enjoy all of your shows so keep at it. You balance 'humor' with 'informational' very well, like Extra Credits, and I think that isn't an easy thing to do.

TWEWER

Feb 8, 2009
To the people who want to read comics but don't want to get tripped up by continuity in superhero comics: read manga.

xdom125x

Dec 14, 2010
brazuca said:
Most of MovieBob haters are Halo fans.
I know that you meant in general but I really really need to say this. I love MovieBob's shows(all of them) and I also love the Halo series. That is one of the very few things that my views disagree with his on. Also, what proof do you have that most of the haters are Halo fans.(I will leave questioning your lack of evidence out of this). I of course assume that by Halo fans, you mean the people that think that the reason for gamings existence is Halo, but don't make such bold generalizations.

Wrds

Dyslexic Wonder
Sep 4, 2008
You came off as really really friendly this week bob. I don't know if some wall came down or you just like talking about yourself, but I enjoyed it.

robinkom

Jan 8, 2009
Rock on MovieBob, RoboCop is also my favorite movie next to Ghostbusters and I LOVE MST3K!!! Love love love it!!

Me, I've written blogs about stuff that interest me, usually video game related material, but a lot of people fail to understand my dark and mostly offensive humor. I do my best to be informative, but I also enjoy inserting vulgarities that usually insult a group of people from a specific audience, clique, or religious standing. Why? It's fun and people take themselves too seriously. I'm like Bill O'Reilly only I'm kidding when I do it (fuck Bill O'Reilly by the way, seriously).

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
Huh. Slightly disappointed, I was ready to get my think on.
I'm going back to watch an older episode to quench my thirst.

Still an enlightening picture, Mister MoiveBob, sir. :)

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Here's an idea of how to get into comics without continuity- graphic novels and alternate storyline tales. They're usually self-contained beginning to end stories that don't need much other than general knowledge of a hero and his universe. Seen any of the new Batman movies, the Tim Burton movies, or Batman: The Animated Series and it's movies? Congratulations, you now know enough to read and understand The Dark Knight Returns, Batman: Long Halloween, Batman: Arkham Asylum (Not related to the game, though similar), and plenty more. Or, hell, you could pick up one-off graphic novels that are completely self-contained universes, like Watchmen. Unfortunately, if you're a Marvel fan, there aren't as many as those as there are for DC, but like Bob said, you could always get a trade.

Note: Seriously, Escapist? An "é" in my capture? Maybe you should get a different Captcha provider. These don't seem to be the best Captchas I've had to deal with.