The Big Picture: MovieBob: FAQ

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Why don't you do a Frequently Unasked Questions episode, or a MovieBob: FUQ?

rileyrulesu

Jun 15, 2009
You know, I was starting to think you were kind of a whiny jerk, Bob. But then this episode came out And I realized something. You and I have a lot in common. No, I don't read comic books. No, I don't like how you refuse to give your opinion on any topic that might seem controversial. No I don't think you really deserved another show for you to whine about stuff you don't like. No, I don't like how you seem to take the fact that you out of 10,000,000 people got "e-famous", for granted. No, I don't agree with a lot of your opinions.

The reason I have a newfound respect for you though is Buffalo chicken pizza and cheeseburger mac and cheese are my 2 favorite foods too! I'm serious, ask anyone I know! (Although I put the mac and cheese 1st, I don't have them tied.)
You may still be a whiny jerk, but this similarity almost restores my faith in you, almost.

Frankfurter4444

Aug 11, 2009
I don't know why, but I like videos like this where I get to see a snippet inside of the mind of a person paid to have an opinion. It helps me understand more about their opinion, which helps to shape what about their opinions I do and don't agree with.

I don't want another one next week, but it would be nice to see another one of these eventually.

RyePunk

Dec 5, 2008
My question is this. Are you aware that PC Gaming exists? And more importantly that it doesnt come from Japan?

Infernoshadow211

Nov 18, 2009
I think the problem with people doing their own little thing or vid about a subject is that most people don't know them and will ignore them. While having someone with a little more internet notoriety will help to get their message across to more people. It's kinda like the difference of hearing your friend saying something and hearing an expert scientist saying the exact same thing.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Wow, I didn't think anyone else ate that, much less that is their favorite food. It is my favorite food too ^_^

NaramSuen

Jun 8, 2010
Here to join the chorus of voices supporting non-superhero comics. I read comics all the time and most of them are not superhero comics. Preacher, Transmetropolitan, Hellblazer, 100 Bullets, Y: The Last Man, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, just to name a few. Also the rare superhero comics I do read, Batman, are collected into neat little story arcs.

All in all an interesting episode, despite the fact that I have never heard of either of your favourite foods before.

Zer0Saber

Aug 20, 2008
ewhac said:
Zer0Saber said:
I love MST3K, and I'm glad those guys are still doing that with Rifftrax.
Don't forget Cinematic Titanic [http://www.cinematictitanic.com/]. I've seen a couple of their live performances. They've still got it.
HOLY CRAP, i had no freaking clue about that. THANK YOU!

Chucktanium

Jul 11, 2010
Dear Moviebob.

Why is it that erry time I come into the kitchen, YO in the kitchen?
In the God damn refregerater.

I love your segments Bob, persevere!

felicia_angel

Oct 23, 2009
Yays to MST3K and good beer!
Also, baking and cooking are the most awesome things ever and anyone who says otherwise will answer to ME. Or have to forgo brownies, cookies, chicken, bread...the list goes on. Better to just answer to someone else.

OH, possibly a non-faq, but I'll put it up anyway: How many versions of HOUN have you seen?

Tempest13

Aug 23, 2010
The only quip I have is that you said interwoven series with long continuities are the best way to do weekly serializations, but I'd argue that aside from the longer running series (that are generally isolated from other works), manga averts this totally. Then again, success is marked by creating and maintaining a relatively long series in most scenarios when a story isn't planned out from start to finish. Of course I'm talking about the manga industry, which along with TCG make up for the lack of comic book purchases, but I think the point remains that the industry could change given time and a general consensus to branch. Not that what they're doing now is wrong, but it could be different.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
MovieBob said:
MovieBob: FAQ

MovieBob answers some of viewers' most frequently asked questions.

Watch Video
Just a note on that "getting into comics without dealing with continuity" thing, but I think it also would have been worth mentioning the dozens upon dozens of comic-based stories that are fairly short. Things like Watchmen or Kick-ass, which have the entire story arc within a single compilation; or Sandman or Sin City which have their story across maybe half a dozen compilations.

See, I am very-much into comics; I am also a massive completionist who would feel too inclined to try and collect every comic I could if I were to start following the Marvel Universe. However, I'm still able to enjoy the medium by sticking mostly to just those stories that are very self-inclusive. That said though, I do agree that your answer is a good way to get into those stories without needing to buy 10+ comics per month just to keep-up on one company's universe.