The Big Picture: Skin Game

Shiftygiant

Apr 12, 2011
Hmm. Interesting. So what was this website's email again? I would rather like to hear there opinion on my cat.

ANImaniac89

Apr 21, 2009
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH BOB!!!

Finally someone tells the truth about the lunatics that claim to love animals.

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
Bob three weeks in a row and we havent had any happy-go-lucky nerd culture episodes. Why not go back to Comic ARE WEIRD. That was always interesting

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
All I can say is... OWNED! Great episode, great work, keep it up Bob! :)

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
Great episode about PeTA, Bob, though I disagree with many of your positions regarding animals. For starters, there should be no such thing as "crimes against animals."

CpnChaos

Sep 20, 2010
Looks like PETA...
* puta on shades *
is going to the dogs.

YYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shadowmagus

Feb 2, 2011
Another great and enlightening episode Bob, loving the series as always.

Seriously, can we have a comic/tv is weird episode again?

rayen020

May 20, 2009
yeah Peta is a a bunch of scum bags. they completely converted one my friends and in our freshman year of high school. She was on their mailing list, had flyers to hand out at school and all sorts of stuff, she even went vegan. Then we found out all this shit Peta does and informed her. during a trip to a steak house. she has since broken ties with Peta made donations to the ASPCA and found that she particularly loves BBQ ribs and colby jack cheese. so happy ending for her but i have a sad feeling that among the idealized youth PETA preys on, she is an exception.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
I was wondering when you were going to comment on this... or IF you were going to comment on this. After all, PETA just wants attention, so the best thing to do is to just ignore them, right?

Or perhaps Bob's method is even better. Not just drawing attention to PETA, but drawing attention to their supposedly "sketchy" actions.

CronoT

May 15, 2010
PETA as an organization has gone the same route as Green Peace and the Sierra Club, except that they started out being batshit insane, instead of having the crazies take over after all the sensible ones left or got forced out.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010

That was an amazing episode, Bob!
I'm one of those veggie eating environmentalist hippies (when I'm not busy polluting the planet via sciencing, but that's another story), and I also cannot stand PETA. It's just the hypocrisy that gets me, and the blatant lies, the misrepresentation, the stupidity, the...FUCKING SEA KITTENS!
Fuck PETA, and the easiest way is indeed to ignore them. Oh wait, shouldn't have written this then, huh?

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
MovieBob said:
Skin Game

PETA attacks videogames. MovieBob hits back

Watch Video
I love your show. Well, the shows on the Escapist, anyway, I haven't looked into your other stuff.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I always look forward to seeing your shows every week. I'm glad that someone actually knows the deal about PETA and is willing to spread the word.

Also, let's hope zombies never come about, because I'm sure PETZ will be around then as well. XD

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
Not a whole lot said here that I haven't already seen on Bullshit, but the things that I didn't know where interesting enough.

And about Michael Vick... yeah, he got off easy, but I'm still not sure he should be condemned forever because of it.

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
Thank you! I support ACTUAL ethical treatment of animals, and PETA's really been buggin me. At first just because they made animal rights seem dumb by attacking everything where animals were not treated as forest gods, but then I learned about their real agenda and that really shocked me.
Hpoefully they'll finallu get some HONEST attention.

Saarai-fan

Nov 12, 2009
I'm going to post this on my Facebook page, just so my friends can see how terrible PETA is. Hopefully that's ok to do, but I think MovieBob would like to see as many people enlightened about PETA's awful practices.

I just really wonder why the hell so many damn celebrities do stuff for PETA. Pamela Anderson, Bill Maher, Bob Barker, etc, etc, help out PETA. While I do like some of the celebrities, their support for PETA just baffles me and it just makes them look like a bunch of people trying to get attention by attaching their name to a attention-grabbing monster.

pppppppppppppppppp

Jun 23, 2011
Thanks Bob for doing an episode on this. There's nothing that bugs me more than a radical group that undermines the people they supposedly agree with. As an vegan and animal rights activist, I feel like a Christian probably does with Westboro Baptist Church.

And thanks for mentioning ASPCA at the end. They're a much better group to donate to if anyone is interested.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Giest4life said:
Great episode about PeTA, Bob, though I disagree with many of your positions regarding animals. For starters, there should be no such thing as "crimes against animals."
Really? So you wouldn't consider it to be a bad thing if you starved a dog nearly to death, chained it up so that skin actually grew around the metal of the chain, and threw rocks at it for having the audacity to beg its owner for some food, until it inevitably died a long and painful death?

Rotting Corpse

Aug 24, 2010
On top of all of the things you mentioned Bob, the worst part of PETA for me is the fact that they have openly supported, both financially and publicly, the Animal Liberation Front. It is an organization that was included in the United States Department of Homeland Security list of domestic terrorist threats. Look these guys up some time, they are some scary people.