The Big Picture: Skin Game

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
Giest4life said:
Great episode about PeTA, Bob, though I disagree with many of your positions regarding animals. For starters, there should be no such thing as "crimes against animals."
Yes, it's not like they can feel anything.

Urh

Oct 9, 2010
I already knew about PETA killing nearly all the animals it "rescued", but I didn't know that they were (allegedly) "rescuing" animals from animal shelters and slaughtering them. And upon further thought (I try to expend as little mental energy on PETA as possible), their position on pets is akin to genocide.

Rangerboy87

Jul 1, 2011
Way to go Bob!! Way to lay it on to...ummm...uhhhh...ahhh...EPA?...uhhh...i don't remember...who we were...talkin about...oops

shadowskater

Sep 22, 2011
Wow! A lot of video game web commentary has been taking on PETA and the hypocrisy of animal rights activists lately. Another show I watch compared Pokemon's Team Plasma with PETA, the ALF, and the ARM:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxNcQLXuFJI

I think the common thread with both videos is that very few people would actually SUPPORT animal abuse, but that these "activists" go about spreading their message in underhanded, illegal, and, like Bob said, just plain shady ways. It's hypocrisy, pure and simple. And it's our job to be informed about these organizations, their full set of beliefs, and their practices.

Kingsnake661

Dec 29, 2010
I knew some of the stuff you brought up, but not all of it. I have to say... damn. I knew they didn't like people keeping pets, but, I didn't relise they wanted to wipe pet breeds out, more or less.

I'm a proud owner of an English Bull dog, named Bruce. (he's Batdog! Yes, i am that geeky...I have a picture of him in a Batsuit... i really need to upload that for my sig eventually..) Peta... will have one hell of a fight on there hands... before they come anywhere near my boy...

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
I'd love to see Bob do an episode on Grant Morrison's run on Animal Man, particularly given that in the final issue he gave PETA an extremely blatant endorsement.

Not to say it wasn't a wonderful series of comics - it was exceptionally good and might well be Morrison's best work overall, but I do find myself wondering if he's still so enthusastic about that organisation.

Actually, just do an episode on Grant Morrison in general. He's not quite as nuts as Alan Moore, but then... who is?

xEightBitPlayerx

Jun 26, 2011
Excellent episode Bob, didn't know about PETA and their policy about pets. Looks I have to be more informed about this group.

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
Goddamned PETA!!!!! I've said it before and I'll say it again, those morons make work incredibly difficult for those of us whose job is in animal welfare and actually do spend our time rescuing/rehabilitating/re-homing animals.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
I dont know if PeTA actually operates in the UK, (I hope not), but thats horrible.

Putting down perfectly healhy, adoptable animals? Thats sick. I am surprised they can even find people to do those things. I dont know how they dont get shut down or something.
I hope more people become aware of the horrible things they do in the name of charity.
Funny how the `e` for ethical isn't capitalised, because they are not big on ethics.
I need to go look at pictures of happy kittens so I can be happy again.

brazuca

Jun 11, 2008
Sooooo I'll say it out loud: F*ck animals. The only animal I care is the human animal. Stem cells development... Bring me some mices, some monkeys and apes. Let's test on them first.

PS: I'm not a supporter of cruelty towards them for entreatment, just that I think humans should care more about humans. Wanna do a test: how many of these animal lovers care about bugs?!

cavalerie

Jan 11, 2010
What ?
Are there still people that believe PETA wants to help animals ?
For fuck's sake, I live in a small country in Europe and I knew that.

Lord Honk

Mar 24, 2009
There's just so much about peta's propaganda that I don't understand. Why the tanuki suit, which may or may not be 100% polyester for all we know? Why Super Tofu Boy, if Super Meat Boy is not depicted as being any sort of animal meat? Why the Cooking Mama debacle? It's just so incredibly insane in and of itself, and that's disregarding any of peta's actual actions against real, actually living and breathing animals.

It's just.... I can't wrap my head around it, and it's driving me nuts (organically grown on free-range trees and all).

Mischlings

Feb 18, 2011
I like these episodes that are really about the big picture in some way. Not to say that I don't like the comic/other media ones, but this seems to fit a lot more with the title of the show.

I, like most others here, can't stand PETA. While I disagree with people about vilifying Michael Vick for eternity (and don't make this argument start), I think that animals should be treated well and not abused -- but that should hardly be a controversial issue.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
I didn't think I'd be the first to say this but the "we hate Mario because it encourages animal abuse" thing was a joke, PETA have even admitted that it was a joke.

http://kotaku.com/5860212/peta-that-whole-bloody-mario-thing-that-was-just-a-joke

That of course only helps to prove Bob right when he says it was nothing but them trying to get attention.

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
Here's my question to PETA: Where the hell were you when Super Mario Bros. 3 was released? Look at the costumes Mario and Luigi wore in that game.

Deverfro

Aug 2, 2009
When I first read about the who Tanooki suit thing, I just thought "Well thats just silly". After hearing all that, Im genuinly ill. Seriously, go fuck your self PETA!

Raika

Jul 31, 2011
PETA is a terrorist organization. That's pretty much all there is to it. I'm not sure if the act of terrorism itself is illegal in the United States, but the fact that PETA still exists when a glorified slaughterhouse is all it's ever been baffles me.

Thank you, Bob. As ever, I want you to impregnate me.