The Big Picture: The Other Street Fighter

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
Hahaha that was awesome. Kame hame haaa!...douken

But, is it a real movie? Are you still April fooling us?

A_who

Sep 17, 2010
I'm going to have to watch this, hopefully it is as good as the original first one. Also was the legend of Chun Li worst than expected? I mean I haven't seen and I assume it would never be as good as the original but is it awful?

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
What. The. Hell.
Seriously. That's some crazy stuff. You can't see things like that these days, though...
The guy who made it had to be a little bit insane in my opinion. But insane in a good way.
I mean, they went into Super Mario Bros.? And then you had to use a nuke on that guy? And Goku? Beach-ball??? And... waaaaah what the hell.

I doubt I'll be trying to get my hands on this movie, even though it has some so-crazy-you-just-have-to-see-it-yourself stuff in it.

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
Still not as crazy as the scene in City Hunter where Jackie Chan gets thrown into a Street Fighter machine and starts imagining everyone as Street Fighter characters.

And yes, that was Jackie Chan dressed up as E. Honda and Chun Li.

ezeroast

Jan 25, 2009
well............ umm............ I have nothing at all to say I'm stumped.....

Sepiida

Jan 25, 2010
Oh. My. God.

This will now be added to my list of "movies to watch while piss drunk on gin." It looks like an absolute fucking trip.

Custard_Angel

Aug 6, 2009
I like bad movies. Don't get me wrong.

The Room is the greatest of all movies ever for creating a movie so laughably bad that it makes all other bad movies look like shit and most good movies look underdone. And it did it by accident.

This on the other hand... Just... Doesn't do it for me. I don't know why... It looks like a bad movie, but based on what Bob showed it looks like the director kind of aimed it towards being a bad movie. The Room (or Tommy Wiseau, lets face it) on the other hand tried so hard to make Citizen Kane and failed so hard that it was beyond brilliant.

This... just doesn't reach anything near that level.

I dunno.

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Crimson_Dragoon said:
Still not as crazy as the scene in City Hunter where Jackie Chan gets thrown into a Street Fighter machine and starts imagining everyone as Street Fighter characters.

Same director, shot somewhat at the same time and released within a few months of eachother. Wong Jing is notorious for just cramming his movies with references to whatever is trendy at the moment, and SFII was INSANELY massive in much of Asia right at the time.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
What the hell was that?

I so need to get a copy of Future cops just to see how ridiculous it is.

Tetranitrophenol

Apr 4, 2010
this episode didnt let me enjoy my coffie at all, every time I was gonna take a sip I had to stop and say ....WHAT?! beach ball?, WHAT?! goku?, WTF?! 2 Chun-Li?

other than that great episode, Ima go look around to see if I can get myself a copy of this movie looks....rather interesting.

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
MovieBob said:
Crimson_Dragoon said:

Same director, shot somewhat at the same time and released within a few months of eachother. Wong Jing is notorious for just cramming his movies with references to whatever is trendy at the moment, and SFII was INSANELY massive in much of Asia right at the time.
OK, my mind has just been blown. Thank you, Bob.

Primus1985

Dec 24, 2009
I dont know, may just be me but I liked Legend of Chun-Li. It was more in cannon than the first Street Fighter.

I will have to look for this.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Ashoten said:
This now raises a question. How come directors don't know what to do with property like Street Fighter here in America?
Lack of interest in the source material or heavy desire to use their own ideas at every beck and call.

GuiltBlade

Nov 6, 2009
Ok, amusing, weird and without a doubt something I had no idea about.

Just a couple of questions, why is this show called the big picture again?
And why couldn't this have been on Movie Bob, you've done old stuff before.

Just wondering.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Dear....phracking...lord.

I want whatever this director was on, however potent it is.

Oh...and Capcom? Dragonball Z vs. Capcom...NOW!!!

Actually...forget that.

Shonen Jump vs. Capcom...NOW!!!

Admit it, guys...that would basically print money. *points dramtically* ADMIT IT!!!