The Big Picture: The Terrible Twenty Films of 2014 Part 1

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
The Terrible Twenty Films of 2014 Part 1

What were the worst movies of 2014?

Watch Video

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Man, I forgot about half of them, but somehow I feel I already know the next ten batch.

KazeAizen

Jul 17, 2013
Earthfield said:
Man, I forgot about half of them, but somehow I feel I already know the next ten batch.
I know what is going to be at the top for damn sure. A certain red and blue spider themed super hero.

Omey

Apr 8, 2011
Does this really need a two part episode when there are a lot more important things we want bob to talk about?

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
I still dont get what was so interesting about the scientist in Godzilla, he never did anything more then the other characters and his knowladge and connection to Godzilla was rather basic.

While I also dont think anyone performed bad in Sin City 2, the best performance for me was from Ray Liotta. That movie just didnt seem to go anywhere and didnt know what was trying to tell as opposed to Sin City 1.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Have watched Godzilla twice and i still dont remember how the first MUTO died. Thing is with a character that has 25 movies to his name you dont need to hide him. He was even in full view on the posters and dvd art work. I just wished they didnt cut away from the earlier fights. Granted they can hide it with shaky cam or with dust and debris every where but they should have showed it. It would have made the boring humans part more bearable.

Kevin Smith peaked with his first movie, very bad as then he has nothing to work for.....just like M Night. Great directors like Ridley Scott, James Cameron and Steven Spilberg had to go through many bad movies. That increased their learning of film and made them great when they did peak. I always find it funny when i remember that Steven Spielberg directed the first episode of Columbo.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Wait, Maleficent in the top 10? Sure Robocop, TNMT and Amazing Spider-man 2 I can get but Maleficent isn't that bad!

ryukage_sama

Mar 12, 2009
From this list of movies, I only saw Godzilla, which I felt similar to Bob. The movie had two vastly more compelling characters played by Cranston and Watanabe, but the audience was saddled with the most painfully generic protagonist making terrible decisions simply to build tension. We even got pulled away from a monster battle in progress during the Hawaii sequence. Cranston's part was emotionally effective story telling, and the climactic battle was awesome, but the middle was just a slog.

Omey said:
Does this really need a two part episode when there are a lot more important things we want bob to talk about?
What's "more important" that won't cause a massive fire storm in the comments?

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
Omey said:
I assume if there was it'll probably get over shadowed by something less meaningful but holds more meaning to Movie Bob. So we're never going to get a "In Memory Of Ralph Baer". But hey when that more meaningful thing does happen it'll probably be when Bob is doing another part 2 rant on why he hates Kevin Smith or whatever.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Scarim Coral said:
Wait, Maleficent in the top 10? Sure Robocop, TNMT and Amazing Spider-man 2 I can get but Maleficent isn't that bad!
Bob seemed to like Maleficent, what makes you think it will be in the top 10 worst movies?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Amaror said:
Scarim Coral said:
Bob seemed to like Maleficent, what makes you think it will be in the top 10 worst movies?
I only assume so because it was not feature in today episode nor was it at the top 10 best films of 2014. If he doesn't show it in next week then I guess it was in the "ok" piles.

harryhenry

Jun 28, 2012
If people really want to see bob talk about something else, that's ok. If people want him to talk about THAT hashtag, 1: the comments section would get REALLY ugly, and 2, he's already said his piece on his moviebob blog.

KazeAizen

Jul 17, 2013
MarsAtlas said:
I don't know, Bob just saw God's Not Dead recently, and he wasn't shy about pointing out how horrific it was on Twitter.
Did he title a review "The Movie that Broke Moviebob?" after it? Also considering last year he put Man of Steel at the top and listed it more as a major and biggest disappointment of the year, not necessarily horrible, I think its safe to say The Amazing Spider-man 2 will be at the top.
Scarim Coral said:
I don't think Maleficent will show up actually. He gave it a better look than most people did.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
"It's gonna get ugly."

Hence the reason I told people to put their heads between their knees and kiss their asses goodbye in the last Big Picture thread. Now I'm even more afraid for my life! So, if you'll excuse me...

*goes to hide in THE DARK CORNER*

ornjoos

May 7, 2013
My guess for the top worst (in no order)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Transcendence
Robocop
Divergent
The Fault In Our Stars
Winter's Tale
Any of those shitty Christian movies to come out earlier (Son of God, I Origins, Left Behind, Heaven Is For Real, take your pick)

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
I'd always heard that Bob has a hate-boner for Nolan, but I had no idea it was this....pronounced.

While Bob is free to have his own opinion, to me this list is laughably inane. I agree that some of the films listed easily deserve being listed, but there were far worse films this year than the other listed titles.

'Course, I tend not to look to Bob for an opinion on film. I rarely see eye-to-eye with him. So I suppose this occasion is no different.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
I gotta be honest, I almost turned off the video when Bob opened with Interstellar. That film is one of my favourite thing is a long time and I love it to bits. And not as a guilty pleasure, I genuinely think it's objectively good. I can understand it not being someone's cup of tea, but putting it on a "Worst" list? Nope, you pretty much lose me on the spot. I did end up watching the whole thing, and I didn't object to any of the other entries, but still...