The Big Tease

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
The Big Tease

It's the summer of superhero movie teaser trailers, and Bob takes a look at the three latest offerings.

Read Full Article

NaramSuen

Jun 8, 2010
I think that you summed up the Spider-Man trailer pretty well, drab. More dark and gritty it would seem. Any interest I had in this reboot evaporated when I saw the trailer.

pandasaw

Mar 18, 2011
I agree on all of these. The only thing that saved the Batman preview from being mediocre was the fact that it was a Batman preview.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Look closely at the Spider-Man pic on page three...look at his left foot (his left foot: right side of the pic) Doesn't it look like the Spidy-costume looks like the leg/foot splits away in a style similar to a pair of stockings/ leggings? It looks like he's wearing a brown pair of Vans under the costume!

Anyway: saw all three trailers (legally) and I'll feel cheated if I Selina Kyle is in the movie as Selina Kyle and nobody else. I don't think the WB would be dumb enough to do something like THAT though.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Just saw the avengers teaser (and Captain America) about an hour ago. Having a hard time shutting down my inner fanboy for long enough for me to work out if it was any good...
Same on the Dark Knight Rises teaser.
Spiderman (sorry, The Amazing Spiderman) looks pretty meh. But now I kind of want a first person Spidey game, a la Mirror's Edge. Probably wouldn't work, but the idea seems interesting.

Shoggoth2588 said:
Anyway: saw all three trailers (legally) and I'll feel cheated if I Selina Kyle is in the movie as Selina Kyle and nobody else. I don't think the WB would be dumb enough to do something like THAT though.
You'd hope not. But (sadly) it wouldn't be too much of a surprise to see her become Catwoman at the end of the film just in time for a spin-off. WB need more money now that Harry Potter's done, remember? What else are you meant to fill the executive swimming pool with?

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
What gives me hope for The Amazing Spider-man is his goofy smile when he's talking to Gwen Stacy.

alrekr

Mar 11, 2010
You know what would be the best twist ever for the Avengers film

[HEADING=1] Doctor Doom turns up [/HEADING] and then mabye a Doctor Strange film trailer after the credits

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
My take on the teasers:

Dark Knight Rises: This seemed more of a teaser for the first movie than the new one. And please make bane like he's supposed to be, not some drugged up version of the hulk.

Spider Man: Looks like all the issues I had with the previous movies crop up here as well. It's just doesn't feel like spider man, more like "whiny emo kid with spider powers".

Avengers: Haven't seen all the teasers (let's be honest here, that's what all those "stay for the credits" parts are. But yeah, they (and Warner as well come to think of it) REALLY need to drop the "intense/ominous music" crap out. And please, PLEASE make Hulk more like the one in the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon. He's so much more likable than the "Hulk SMASH!" that we've become accustomed to.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
*sigh* The Tool song was thematically and lyrically appropriate for Steve Rogers crossing his Shadow. It was a trailer music choice that nailed a major theme of the movie and might have drawn some otherwise-uninterested kids to see this great movie. Yes, it was somewhat dissonant with the 40s throwback atmosphere of the movie. We get you don't like that. You can stop harping on it now.

Penguin_Factory

Sep 13, 2010
People have problems with the Spider Man trailer? I thought it was fine. Although then again, I've never been a big fan of the character or any of the previous movies.

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
So...in otherwords.
Raise an eyebrow at no fetish clad Catwoman ad.
Laugh at the horrible reboot.
And wish for a God walks on Earth aura with trailers.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
I really like Batman Begins, it's a shame no one really watched that one.

As for The Amazing Spider-man, I think they're going for the origin story again because when you think about it, that's the most interesting Spider-man story. They probably just want to take another whack at it, hopefully it'll be a good whack.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Considering the number of heroes in The Avengers I would have thought it would make sense to have only one villain.

And bloody hell, Andrew Garfield has big hair, that hardly makes him an Edward Cullen clone.

Phase_9

Oct 18, 2008
The Parker parents aren't going on a shadowy mission. They just happen to be attending the opera. With their good friends the Waynes.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
Sorry, Bob, but I'm not too excited for the Avengers movie. Maybe it's because I don't read comics, but I think it's just been more fun to see each of the Avengers in their own worlds. Having a whole bunch of superheroes on-screen at once seems like it'd make things either too easy or too hard. But, like I said, I don't read comics, so maybe there's a good example of this working out perfectly that I just haven't seen yet.

And also, if no one liked the Spider Man movies, and no one liked the Spider Man musical, why are they trying to bring back Spider Man again?

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
The Batman one didn't bother me, mostly because it at least had a memorable visual cue in the crumbling city being shaped into the bat symbol.

Spider-Man looks AWFUL. Sony's attempts to alleviate worries also come off as half-assed. Anyone who complain about 3 also needs to realize that all of that film's problems were from the producers bullying Raimi, producers who half almost complete control over THIS project.

With the Avengers unless the villain turns out to be Deadpool just doing an epic act of trolling for lulz my interest is still nil. None of the Marvel Films movies except for the FIRST Iron Man were any good and if none of the Avengers prequels/feature-length trailers/tie-ins can interest me than the Avengers automatically doesn't.

feycreature

May 6, 2009
Wow...they made Reboot Spider Man even more emo than Symbiote Spider Man. I'm impressed. Not going to see the movie. But impressed.

Incidentally, I don't care how appropriate or inappropriate it is, I cannot complain about the inclusion of Catwoman in just about any movie (except for the Halle Berry Catwoman movie, good gods that was awful, though for other reasons). I may be biased. Just possibly.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
MovieBob said:
Granted, it's not as obnoxious as Tool grinding over the credits of a WWII movie, but still.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way.