The Boondocks

BaronXS

Jul 11, 2009
Who still remembers this show? It was hilarious,too bad they only ran it for two seasons. Also, who here actually read the original comic strip?

Edit: I have learned that it has NOT been cancelled, they're making a third season in 2010. My bad. But now I'm excited!

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
That show was excellent.
Huey was a really likeable character, and a stark contrast from Riley.

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
I love the comic strip and the show. Uncle Ruckus is a genius character.

But where did you hear that they canceled it?

BaronXS

Jul 11, 2009
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
That show was excellent.
Huey was a really likeable character, and a stark contrast from Riley.
Yeah, Riley was more of the humor side to the show, and Huey made people think about current situations in the world.

Skreeee

Jun 5, 2009
I liked it. I think I read somewhere that they're bringing it back. Look for it in 2010.

Levk

Dec 25, 2008
i liked it a bit, i heard they was gonna make new eps >< i never heard it was canceled they still show some of the eps on TV sometimes

sln333

Jun 22, 2009
I saw one or two episodes. Great dark humor and art style. It used an abstract way of looking at problems and I loved it.

alwaysrockon

Sep 24, 2008
Yeah the first season was awsome, after that not so much. Huey became a bit of a way-way fanatic and show stopped focusing around him.

but thats just my two cents.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
I thought you meant the movie. The Boondock Saints.
I like the show, and the characters are funny. Especially Gin Rummy and Ed Wuncler III.

Sep 24, 2008
Although I love the show on it's own, I do love it when non black friends come to me or others and ask "... is this true?"

Sometimes I'm truthful, sometimes I lead people askew for my amusement.. All depending on my mood.

Harold Donchee

Jul 6, 2009
That show was great. Most of the time it was just a comedy but then suddenly there would be a huge ninja fight going on. Its like it couldnt decide if it wanted to be funny or badass.

reaper_2k9

Keeper of the Beer
Oct 22, 2008
Never read the comic but the show was hilarious, I'm glad to hear that its coming back for another season.

ohgodalex

May 21, 2009
I read the comic, saw a few episodes of the show. Personally, I liked the comic better. It was more blatantly political, while the show was satire. Excellent satire, but satire nonetheless.

BaronXS

Jul 11, 2009
Radeonx said:
I like the show, and the characters are funny. Especially Gin Rummy and Ed Wuncler III.
Yeah, but I kept seeing them as black since they were voiced by Samuel Jackson and Charlie Murphy, respectively.

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
The Boondocks is easily one of my favorite shows. Love every single episode!

RebelRising said:
Where did you hear that they canceled it?
They didn't, Aaron McGruder, the show's creator, turned in the script for Season 3 just a few days ago. Don't know when we'll start seeing any episodes though.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
BaronXS said:
Radeonx said:
Yeah, but I kept seeing them as black since they were voiced by Samuel Jackson and Charlie Murphy, respectively.
Yea. I love the episode with the ps2 killer and they rob the gas station. "You will not die in vain!" "I...don't think I'm dying!" *The cop gets shot full of bullets from the gas station owners*. Easily my favorite episode.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
BaronXS said:
Who still remembers this show? It was hilarious, too bad they only ran it for two seasons. Also, who here actually read the original comic strip?
Interesting, I'm surprised people on here have even heard of it.

The show was just awesome. It was social commentary with a huge injection of humour and an awesome fight scene every few episodes. I loved it. Even Huey, being the one who brings the social reflective side of things was hilarious, and granddad was just as funny as Riley in that show methinks.

And any excuse to show this fight scene is a good one.

That being said though, while I like that he is taking risks with what he is pointing the finger at, Aaron McGruder should know there is a limit. Certain episodes will just have to stick to the DVDs.

BaronXS

Jul 11, 2009
Radeonx said:
BaronXS said:
Radeonx said:
Yea. I love the episode with the ps2 killer and they rob the gas station. "You will not die in vain!" "I...don't think I'm dying!" *The cop gets shot full of bullets from the gas station owners*. Easily my favorite episode.
Oh... You will not be mortally wounded in vain! "Actually, I think I'm okay".

Why can't they make more shows as good as this?