The Borderlands 2 Thread of Miscellaneous Information

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
I'm REALLY looking forward to the new character skins. From the rumors I've heard, Axton will get Snake's Sneaking Suit and Zero gets Raiden's Skull Suit.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Wow. Guys, gather round. I found something reaaaaaly cool over at Destructoid. Listen to this:

'Last year's most heartwarming game-related story was without a doubt that of Michael John Mamaril, the 22-year-old Borderands fan who lost his life to cancer. His friend Carlo sent an email to Gearbox Software explaining the situation with Michael, and not only did Gearbox produce a special eulogy read by Claptrap himself, the company also announced plans to incorporate Michael into Borderlands 2 as an NPC.

Yesterday, Gearbox held Community Day 2012 in Dallas, where fans could meet with the devs and just have a grand ol' time. During a panel with the Borderlands 2 team, an audience member asked why the company likes to go out of its way to reach out to fans, specifically mentioning the Claptrap marriage proposal video and the Michael Mamaril eulogy (check it out here, starting at the 2:46:40 mark). Details of Michael's incorporation followed.

Michael's NPC will be hanging around somewhere in Sanctuary, and every time you meet him, he will give you loot of rarity level blue or higher. Essentially, he's the guy you can count on when the game starts to wear you down. Not only that, meeting him will also give you the "Tribute to a Vault Hunter" Achievement, immortalizing the man both in the game and on the Xbox Leaderboard. That's pretty heavy.

I can't even properly put into words how incredible this whole thing is. It's just, I mean, wow. Thank you Gearbox, for keeping the memory of a true fan alive for a long time to come.'

Incredible. Fuck this, Torchlight 2 or Borderlands 2, I am getting both. Can't wait to bump into Michael.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
katsabas said:
Wow. Guys, gather round. I found something reaaaaaly cool over at Destructoid. Listen to this:

'Last year's most heartwarming game-related story was without a doubt that of Michael John Mamaril, the 22-year-old Borderands fan who lost his life to cancer. His friend Carlo sent an email to Gearbox Software explaining the situation with Michael, and not only did Gearbox produce a special eulogy read by Claptrap himself, the company also announced plans to incorporate Michael into Borderlands 2 as an NPC.

Yesterday, Gearbox held Community Day 2012 in Dallas, where fans could meet with the devs and just have a grand ol' time. During a panel with the Borderlands 2 team, an audience member asked why the company likes to go out of its way to reach out to fans, specifically mentioning the Claptrap marriage proposal video and the Michael Mamaril eulogy (check it out here, starting at the 2:46:40 mark). Details of Michael's incorporation followed.

Michael's NPC will be hanging around somewhere in Sanctuary, and every time you meet him, he will give you loot of rarity level blue or higher. Essentially, he's the guy you can count on when the game starts to wear you down. Not only that, meeting him will also give you the "Tribute to a Vault Hunter" Achievement, immortalizing the man both in the game and on the Xbox Leaderboard. That's pretty heavy.

I can't even properly put into words how incredible this whole thing is. It's just, I mean, wow. Thank you Gearbox, for keeping the memory of a true fan alive for a long time to come.'

Incredible. Fuck this, Torchlight 2 or Borderlands 2, I am getting both. Can't wait to bump into Michael.

Bravo Gearbox.

Lord Brinne would be proud.

Jan 13, 2012
The Lazy Blacksmith said:
Secondly, the way ammo is used in Co-op has been changed. All players now share from the same pool of ammo. While online trolls can obviously abuse this new feature, it does increase the role the Gunzerker plays in teamwork. Sure, Gunzerking consumes ammo like no tomorrow, but Salvador's action skill actually causes him to regenerate all ammo except for rockets. Therefore, if Gunzerkers coordinate what types of weapons they will use with their teammates, the entire team can stay completely supplied at all times. Also, one of Salvador's perks increases his share of ammo capacity up to 15%, further making him useful for resupplying.
WHAT! That is one of the most retarded ideas I have ever heard of. You know how many trolls there are online? A fuck load. Still buying it though.

Palfreyfish

Mar 18, 2011
Kopikatsu said:
Palfreyfish said:
But S and S made the best guns. Where am I going to get my Cruxy goodness? Or my ridiculously high ammo capacity machinegun with an SMG's fire rate? I'm CANCELLING MY PREORDER AND COMPLAINING TO RANDY PITCHFORD

[sub][sub][sub]I'm not really, but still, they were my favourite manufacturer.[/sub][/sub][/sub]
Bandit guns are the same as S&S Munitions.
Are they still yellow? That was half the attraction of them for me. Shallow, I know, but hey, opinions

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
Palfreyfish said:
Kopikatsu said:
Palfreyfish said:
But S and S made the best guns. Where am I going to get my Cruxy goodness? Or my ridiculously high ammo capacity machinegun with an SMG's fire rate? I'm CANCELLING MY PREORDER AND COMPLAINING TO RANDY PITCHFORD

[sub][sub][sub]I'm not really, but still, they were my favourite manufacturer.[/sub][/sub][/sub]
Are they still yellow? That was half the attraction of them for me. Shallow, I know, but hey, opinions
Hyperion guns are yellow and futuristic now.

OT: After watching gameplay videos, I can say: Ammo isn't shared. Trying to fool us, aren't you OP?

EnlightendDead

Mar 25, 2011
DJ_DEnM said:

OT: After watching gameplay videos, I can say: Ammo isn't shared. Trying to fool us, aren't you OP?
I think what really happened is the dev said ammo is shared, as in you pick up ammo everyone gets it, and someone thought "Oh AMMO POOL!"
Its just shared ammo, you pick up some, I get some, you shoot some, I dont lose some.

Palfreyfish

Mar 18, 2011
EnlightendDead said:
DJ_DEnM said:

I think what really happened is the dev said ammo is shared, as in you pick up ammo everyone gets it, and someone thought "Oh AMMO POOL!"
Its just shared ammo, you pick up some, I get some, you shoot some, I dont lose some.
Awesome, cheers DJ, and I can confirm it's just shared ammo pickup. I keep forgetting I played the game at Rezzed a couple of months ago or however long it was.

aguspal

Aug 19, 2012
EnlightendDead said:
DJ_DEnM said:

Oh yeah mean like how the money worked in co-op in the original BORDERLANDS?

If so, then it is awesome.

If not, well idk.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Palfreyfish said:
Kopikatsu said:
Palfreyfish said:

Bandit guns are red and ramshackle. As mentioned by that other guy, Hyperion are the yellow ones now.

Palfreyfish

Mar 18, 2011
Kopikatsu said:
Palfreyfish said:
Kopikatsu said:
Palfreyfish said:

Bandit guns are red and ramshackle. As mentioned by that other guy, Hyperion are the yellow ones now.
Hyperion were my second favourite manufacturer, so I don't really mind...

rayman56

Mar 14, 2012
I felt like a little kid in a candy store when I saw GI's cover for BL2. To know that tommorrow it will be in stores makes me jizz a little in my pants. I want this game so badly, it hurts to think about it.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
KoudelkaMorgan said:
I can think of two explanations.

1. They're purposely acting that way to be 'entertaining' like PewDiePiew does

2. They're the kinds of people that make up TF2 pub servers.

lithiumvocals

Jun 16, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
KoudelkaMorgan said:
I can think of two explanations.

1. They're purposely acting that way to be 'entertaining' like PewDiePiew does

2. They're the kinds of people that make up TF2 pub servers.
Hey, I take offense to that last one.

OT: Holy shit I can not wait for this. Why don't I have it preordered? :(