The Costumes of PAX Prime 2010

Apr 28, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
Irridium said:
Susan Arendt said:
The really sad part is that we captured a fraction of the amazing cosplayers we saw while we were at PAX. This is just the tiniest of samplings of the truly outstanding work we saw. And just about everyone we photographed was incredibly gracious and cheerful, no matter how many snaps we took.
Tell me, did you happen to catch the Bungie employees and a Spartan playing Just Dance 2?

I wish I went to PAX...
Haha...nope, missed that. But that booth was loaded, man, I don't think I ever saw it empty. Looked like they were having fun, too.
Ah shame. I'm sure we'd love to see some videos of the Escapist Staff playing that game :p

Speaking of videos, will we see any stuff from you guys at PAX? Like interviews and whatnot?

Blackflame140

Apr 22, 2009
Ha! i know the guy in 21, hes gunna go crazy when i show him the picture.. but great costumes this year

Fuloqwam

Jul 29, 2009
It always blows my mind how may cute girls you see at these things.

I've gone to my fair share of comic and game cons, and the girls that dress up are always knock-outs. The guys are... um, well, they're trying...

swimon

Jul 23, 2009
Wow that skullkid Majora's mask thing is amazing. It looks exactly like in the game and it actually looks good outside a game (which is unusual, I mean some of the other costumes looked a lot like their game counterpart but the skull kid is the only one that doesn't look ugly IRL)

Whytewulf

Dec 20, 2009
Irridium said:
Susan Arendt said:
The really sad part is that we captured a fraction of the amazing cosplayers we saw while we were at PAX. This is just the tiniest of samplings of the truly outstanding work we saw. And just about everyone we photographed was incredibly gracious and cheerful, no matter how many snaps we took.
Tell me, did you happen to catch the Bungie employees and a Spartan playing Just Dance 2?

I wish I went to PAX...
I like the lady in the background yelling at people to move up and dance!.. I think it must have been a female in the costume..

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
I do hope Miss Tron (#1) met up with Servbot Frank West (#20) at some point. That would've been truly alarming.

Whytewulf

Dec 20, 2009
I think Harley Quinn is one of my all time favs, and #14 has a good look..

Zora #26.. maybe it's the spandex.. but er um.. ya.. good pic

And as others have said Taokaka, looking cute..

So many others looking good, jealous.

Though I did laugh at the title for #37. Fantasy Staff Chick.. um.. it's Codex!

Bloodeye

Aug 25, 2009
That skull kid one was awesome in very creepy kind of way.

And, as always, yay for all the cute girls.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
whiteM1lk said:
I think blizzcon costumes are better.
I haven't been to a PAX in a couple of years, but it used to be rare to see people dressed up. The vast majority of the attendees hardly did anything special... like bath... during the entire three days of the event.

Now Sakuracon and the Emerald City comicon tend to have a lot of costumed attendees.

Shjade

Chaos in Jeans
Feb 2, 2010
Someone dressed up as Faust and hung out with short people to make himself look taller.

Awesome.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Those are some pretty sweet costumes. Wow. I think number one goes to Commander Shepard & his buddies Tali & Garrus. Seriously, that Garrus mask is uncanny! XD Miranda Lawson costume was pretty nicely done, and Ezio gets a "thumbs up" from me as well!

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
To those going to Escapism UK Halloween. This is what I expect for costumes if you want to win first place and get you hands on the coveted Escapism Winner's gamer goodie bag.