The country thread (previously several country threads)

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
I regard myself as being fortunate, for I am of mixed racial descent. Half-Chinese, Half-Australian, you see. I can be unpatriotic and racist to two countries at once!

I quite like China. It's a beautiful place.

wilsonscrazybed

thinking about your ugly face
Dec 16, 2007
scumofsociety post=18.68666.636432 said:
So WTF happened to all the posts in the British thread?, Close the thread, sure, but it would be nice to be able to read what people had written. and it was bigger than this one at last count :(

Plus, putting all the world countries in a room together is never a good idea...
Oh, it's here somewhere, just going to have to do some digging.

WolfMage

May 19, 2008
Canada = Not infested with Shrubs = Happy place.

Yeah, I like Canada, and at the rate the U.S. is going, I'ma gonna be seeing some of you all real soon. Damned NSA...

Atvomat_Nikonov

Jul 2, 2008
I don't mind Canada. I've never really been there or talked to any Canadians, but it could be a nice place. Now America,I kind of like the country but the Americans irritate me. You can blame Call of Duty 4 for this. Every time I played with my friends we'd usually take up a team so our [xUKx] clan tag was very noticable. Every damn American on the other team would usually yell 'Hey look it's a group of Brit fags, go eat some crumpets you british fay-guts' or make a crude joke about one of our mother. So, thanks to this game, I have an immovable prejudice against Americans. Even when they're being decent people, I ignore them or don't return their kindness.
Now onto other countries, I love England, Germany, Russia and Japan. In my eyes, these are great places and I would love to visit them sometime. Except england, because I live there.

Gapperjack

Aug 7, 2008
Some_Jackass post=18.68666.636138 said:
I mean, seriously, when your country knocks someone out of a war with just 2 bombs, you can have the bragging rights we have...
Or, as most would call it, the mass murder of 110,000 (Immeditate deaths in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Hiroshima 70,000, Nagasaki 40,000. Later estimates placed the total deaths at 200,000 in Hiroshima alone by 1950 due to long term radiation effects. I can't find those stats for Nagasaki.) people.

There's a pile of evidence that the bombing was entirely unnecessary as the Japanese were already suing for peace with Russia. Most of the memos and documents of meetings discussing the bombing bring up the need to show Russia the power of the bomb as a major reason for dropping.

To suggest you have 'bragging rights' is an insult to the memory of the dead, and a disgusting attitude to strike. You can argue that the bombing was necessary, that it was the right thing to do, but one thing you cannot do is pretend that it was some great act.

There was a reason that Robert Oppenheimer said: "I have become death, destroyer of worlds." The atomic bomb is possibly mankind's greatest folly, and one of the most likely things to end us all.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
wilsonscrazybed post=18.68666.636789 said:
scumofsociety post=18.68666.636432 said:
So WTF happened to all the posts in the British thread?, Close the thread, sure, but it would be nice to be able to read what people had written. and it was bigger than this one at last count :(

Plus, putting all the world countries in a room together is never a good idea...
Oh, it's here somewhere, just going to have to do some digging.

Nope the thread title is there, but the replies have disappeared off it. No pages are listed anymore and if I click on the main title it just goes to a blank loading page

_Lucca_

Aug 15, 2008
Ixus Illwrath post=18.68666.636041 said:
Bulletinmybrain post=18.68632.636020 said:
Ixus Illwrath post=18.68632.636016 said:
Danzorz post=18.68632.635992 said:
Yah i was at Canada during some time when their native people were marching it was cool, i also like their health care. The people are nice and so is the food. I mean c'mon the food THE FOOD!!!
What is Canadian food, exactly? Coming from America, I'm not claiming any more US cuisine than cheeseburgers, but what is Canadian cuisine?
Mayofrys.
That works, I was going to guess something crazy, like Maplefries.
I always think of poutine. Good stuff.

Brett Alex

Jul 22, 2008
when your country knocks someone out of a war with just 2 bombs, you can have the bragging rights we have...
When did that happen again? I've done some searching and can't find any war in which the USA won with only 2 bombs. Maybe they struck it from the records as part of some global conspiracy... *re-adjusts tin-foil hat*

Um, not sure which country I'm meant to be commenting on anymore, but yeah. Australia is pretty sweet, most of the good stuffs been covered already though.

wilsonscrazybed

thinking about your ugly face
Dec 16, 2007
scumofsociety post=18.68666.637113 said:
Nope the thread title is there, but the replies have disappeared off it. No pages are listed anymore and if I click on the main title it just goes to a blank loading page
Weird, I'll ask the techs about it.

Some_Jackass

Aug 7, 2008
Armitage Shanks post=18.68666.637127 said:
when your country knocks someone out of a war with just 2 bombs, you can have the bragging rights we have...
When did that happen again? I've done some searching and can't find any war in which the USA won with only 2 bombs. Maybe they struck it from the records as part of some global conspiracy... *re-adjusts tin-foil hat*
I never said they *won* the war with 2 bombs

and gapperjack, its not like we were so giddy to drop the bombs that we finished, loaded and took off immediatly....it was a decision that was not made lightly, and kept the American death count in the war at a low number-which in war, low death counts on your side tend to be a good thing

s3cur1tr0n

Aug 5, 2008
Aries_Split post=18.68666.635772 said:
I see Canada as a lovely country, with loveable people.

Who can hate canadians? I do kind of resent they try and pass off ham as some fancy sort of bacon, but I digress.
Good point! lol Canadian bacon??

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
wilsonscrazybed post=18.68666.637128 said:
scumofsociety post=18.68666.637113 said:
Weird, I'll ask the techs about it.
My thread! NOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOooo!!

Eyclonus

Apr 12, 2008
Atvomat_Nikonov post=18.68666.636816 said:
I don't mind Canada. I've never really been there or talked to any Canadians, but it could be a nice place. Now America,I kind of like the country but the Americans irritate me. You can blame Call of Duty 4 for this. Every time I played with my friends we'd usually take up a team so our [xUKx] clan tag was very noticable. Every damn American on the other team would usually yell 'Hey look it's a group of Brit fags, go eat some crumpets you british fay-guts' or make a crude joke about one of our mother. So, thanks to this game, I have an immovable prejudice against Americans. Even when they're being decent people, I ignore them or don't return their kindness.
Now onto other countries, I love England, Germany, Russia and Japan. In my eyes, these are great places and I would love to visit them sometime. Except england, because I live there.
China's only been stable in 20th Century, and due to a bureaucratic mindset they legally barred themselves from having a navy or any merchant to own an open-sea capable ship.

We in the Antipodean lands don't have absolutely everything, games take forever and we'll get the most censored version of it. Not playing a physically demanding "Manly" sport results in a lynching.

And Bogans (Australian White trash) are all over the place. You guys might like the normal Aussie accent, but bogan women have something like a cross between a galah(Australian bird with a loud call) and nails on the chalkboard.

Ares Tyr

Aug 9, 2008
lukemdizzle post=18.68666.636109 said:
Ares Tyr post=18.68659.635942 said:
I was just wondering what the rest of the world thought about the Galaxy's greatest nation that I proudly reside in.

Im american and I think it is stupid and arrogant to blindly proclaim that your country is better than any other, were all people does it really matter what country is the best

ps. not all americans are like this guy

pss. Obama FTW
Forgive my inability to pervay "sarcasm" and "dry humor" in my post. I'll stop being a big, dumb backwards, gun-tottin' redneck who fucks his cousin and hates towelheads and the blacks. Those damn blacks.

Like the one I dated.
And all that stupid American music I listen to like Bring Me The Horizon and The Pillows.
And don't even get me started on how fucking stupid Democrats like that fucking commie bastard Obama who I'm voting for.
God, what kind of backwoods hick am I?

The Iron Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
Anarchemitis post=18.68666.635760 said:
Ivoryagent post=18.68632.635154 said:
Canada? Don't you mean America-done-the-right-way?
I resent that.

We aren't some big red hat sitting on top of USA.
Yes you are, but its a snazzy, snazzy hat indeed, one that gives the wearer most of its jokes and likes to do it's own thing whenever the wearer is drunkenly dry humping the middle east and generally embarrising the rest of the western world with it's slurred ramblings

The Iron Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
Insert_Name_Here post=18.68666.639165 said:
What do people think of Australia?
Hahahahaha (gasp for breath) Hahahahahahaha, Australia isn't that bad, nowhere near as awesome as Canada though