The crazy SOB actually died

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Dude, that was 8 months ago. If he's been incarcerated for 8 months and just found out he's being extradited, don't you think that miiiiiight have changed the situation just a tiny bit?
Not just that, but his behaviour could be described as paranoid, and certainly suggests a particular hostility to and even fear of the US government that was arguably pathological. A jail in Spain might not be the end of the world, but a man with particular nightmares about what the US government might do to him could find extradition intolerable.

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
Oh for fuck's sake

The circus does not need more irresponsible feeding
Oh, but it gets better:
Not just that, but his behaviour could be described as paranoid, and certainly suggests a particular hostility to and even fear of the US government that was arguably pathological.
I think american prison system's terrible rep is so widely known, even some relatively normal people would consider suicide upon facing a lifetime there.

Last edited:

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I think american prison system's terrible rep is so widely known, even some relatively normal people would consider suicide upon facing a lifetime there.
The American prison system is only that terrible for average Joes or ones who committed really bad crimes. Millionaire tax dodgers are morely likely to get a prison with standards akin to student halls of residence: whilst this might be a big step down on what they're used to, it's hardly serious privation.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Also, it's hardly unknown for people who weren't rich and powerful to commit suicide in prison, they just tend not to make headlines.
There’s also a large number of those which are hits made to look like suicides, because prison authorities do not care about inmates and will write off any death they can as a suicide to save time and effort.

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Dude, that was 8 months ago. If he's been incarcerated for 8 months and just found out he's being extradited, don't you think that miiiiiight have changed the situation just a tiny bit?
Who knows he's been on the run for years with some private mercenary group pretty much running from location to location. I think more having to abandon locations fearing a raid would be more of a thing to upset him more.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Who knows he's been on the run for years with some private mercenary group pretty much running from location to location. I think more having to abandon locations fearing a raid would be more of a thing to upset him more.
Honestly, I reckon he probably loved that shit.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Compared to people who aren't old, detoxing, paranoid and destitute and facing extradition.
Because suicide rates are typically quite low, that doesn't really mean much with respect to how weird it is. It may be less weird than if e.g. Bill Gates and Warren Buffett both decided to commit suicide in the space of a few years but that's pretty unlikely to begin with.

Last edited: