The Customer Is Always Wrong

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
seamusotorain said:
UNKNOWNINCOGNITO said:
scumofsociety said:
The Rogue Wolf post=18.70218.729586 said:
And fortunately I didn't have to field this call, but one of my co-workers told me she'd answered the phone only to have to face this question:
"My Rottweiler has had an erection for three days. What should I do about it?"
A friend of a friend had a dog with that problem once. Let me tell you, the solution is not pleasant.
What is the solution ? please tell
You have to purchase doggy-erotica. Almost always results in arrests.
Wouldn't it be alot easier if you find the dog a ***** ? (hehehe i used that in thr right context)

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
I once worked at mcd's. I accidentally(after a long 8 hour shift) told a customer "would you like sex with that?" after they had ordered a #1 combo. I didn't realize it until they complained to my manager.

JakubK666

Jan 1, 2008
UNKNOWNINCOGNITO said:
seamusotorain said:
UNKNOWNINCOGNITO said:
scumofsociety said:
And fortunately I didn't have to field this call, but one of my co-workers told me she'd answered the phone only to have to face this question:
A friend of a friend had a dog with that problem once. Let me tell you, the solution is not pleasant.
Wouldn't it be alot easier if you find the dog a ***** ? (hehehe i used that in thr right context)
Given that a human who has a hard-on for more than five hours and cannot get it down through any 'normal' means has to be taken to hospital asap under the case of extreme emergency, is that kind of thing relatively normal and safe with a doggie? Sorry to offtop.

Jan 11, 2009
JakubK666 said:
UNKNOWNINCOGNITO said:
seamusotorain said:
UNKNOWNINCOGNITO said:
scumofsociety said:
Given that a human who has a hard-on for more than five hours and cannot get it down through any 'normal' means has to be taken to hospital asap under the case of extreme emergency, is that kind of thing relatively normal and safe with a doggie? Sorry to offtop.
You mean they have to be taken to hospital ASAP, after a couple of hours? No offence but that makes no sense.

Sneaky Paladin

Jan 21, 2009
ViolentlyHappy91 said:
Alright....I just had the worst customer ever to grace this internet cafe.
This woman is a *****, a horrid *****, she yells and swears at her young daughter, complains about everything and you'll understand in a sec.

She ordered a chicken and cheese toasted sandwich, as little salt as possible, lots of pepper, so I take a shortcut and put no salt on it....she the proceeds to come up after taking a bit and complains that there is too much salt and not enough pepper, when I explained that I didn't put salt in it because there's no way to really moderate it, she began to abuse me for not making what she ordered.

Here's the worst bit, I can't ban her, and neither can my boss, because she's an aboriginal and we'll get sued for racism, and she'll win because of the fact she's aboriginal.
WOW. What a ***** she complains to you for putting on to much salt then after telling her you didn't put any she complains about you not making her order right. thats like saying you put to much salt on it now give me more since you didn't put salt on like I ORDERED. what a total *****

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Ultrajoe said:
Sgt Doom said:
2: How long until that guy at the McDonalds I go to snaps?
As someone who messes with the local maccas so often they know me by name, I can safely say you can break them in a week.
Kudos!

One of my friends works in maccies, i can break him within 12 mins of the start of his shift, however the management takes a few weeks.

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
i used to work in a car insurance claims dept. i used to speak to irate people all day.

the_dancy_vagrant

Apr 21, 2009
I used to work in a place called Jason's Deli, chain style restaurant, pretty typical fare for the hungry. Our customers were very, very special, though. We used to have a soft-serve machine next to the salad bar that was free to all paying customers and it was a pretty big point if anything went wrong with it, especially on Sundays when the church crowd would rush in after service was finished. So one weekend, the thing broke and we couldn't get a repairman out until Monday evening. All hell broke loose. People were INFURIATED that they could no longer have their 3 cents worth of frozen chocolate milk.

The kicker was a woman who barged through the line of customer to talk to my manager, who was taking orders at the time. The conversation went something like this:

Lady: The ice cream thingy doesn't work and my kids want ice cream.
Manager: I'm sorry ma'am, we can't do anything about it. We tried and-
Lady: Well, since it doesn't work could I just get a couple of free slices of cheese cake?
Manager: Ma'am, the ice cream is free. The cheese cake is $2.79 a slice. I just can't give it away.
Lady: <stares daggers at my manager, at me, and at the poor 15 year old kid trying to learn how to take orders> Well, I can tell this place doesn't care about the customers! Is there a number I can call to file a complaint?
Manager: Yes, it's on our business card.
Lady: Where's your phone? I'm not wasting any of my money on this place just to make a phone call.

....and so on. We didn't get rid of her for almost another 30 minutes. She did not, however, get free cheese cake.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
I used to work in a call centre for life insurance and endowment policies so while there were not any specific customers I could complain about, there were 4 types which used to annoy me the most.

1) Data Protection Breechers. These were people ring on behalf of someone else wanting information. Unfortunately, UK data protection laws meant I could only give the information to the policy holder or a named person (these are the same rules which means companies can only speak to the bill payer when you ring, we don't do it on purpose to wind you up). Of course, everyone who rings wants you to make a special exception just this once and just for them. The highlight for this was one person who, even after I told them I could face jail time and/or a fine for giving them information, refused to hang up for half an hour. Linked with this are the people who won't/can't read between the lines. Even though I couldn't give out specific information, there was a surprising amount you could give if they asked the right questions or I was in the mood to be helpful and give leading answers. For example, someone was paying an endowment for their Grand-kid ad wanted to know when it matured and payment made. Because they arn't the policy holder (kid owns it once they hit 16), as the payer I could tell them when payments would stop and so essentially answer the question. Even with obvious things like that, there were those who still couldn't figure it out.

2) You'll be hearing from my Lawyer! These were always the most entertaining. I got threatened with multiple lawsuits because I was accused of losing documents, with-holding money, giving out information to the wrong person etc, but they never go through with it mainly because they realise they would lose. Small tip: If you send claim forms, official documents etc to a company, they arn't leaglly accountable until that document has arrived in the building. If the post office lost it, you're complaints with them, not us.

3) I want to speak to your manager. These were always the worst. These are people who don't like what you've told them and so demand to speak to your manager even though the manager can't do anything either. The amount of time some people waste because they refuse to believe what people tell them and so keep trying to go higher is funny. Small tip 2: If you ever ring a call centre where there's been even the slightest bit of trouble before (or not, your choice), automatically ask to speak to a manager. They can (or at least should be able to) do anything the person who picked up the phone can do plus extras if your case is complicated and so will end up saving you time. Just please believe them when they say theres nothing they can do at this time.

4) The "One Minute To"'ers. These are the people who, after getting the call centre number with the call centre opening times displayed clearly next to it, decide to call 1 minute before the lines closed. When I was on the late shift, we used to take it in turns to stay ready to take a call while everyone else took themselves out of the phone line. The record for staying late (to my knowledge) was over an hour after the shift ended. This is why I ring call centres around quarter past the hour.

*looks up* wow, do I sound bitchy.

Daye.04

Proud Escaperino
Feb 9, 2009
suckmyBR said:
You mean they have to be taken to hospital ASAP, after a couple of hours? No offence but that makes no sense.
It does, if you think about it. After a couple of hours with an erection, the said person has to be taken to the hospital ASAP.

Jan 11, 2009
Daye.04 said:
suckmyBR said:
It does, if you think about it. After a couple of hours with an erection, the said person has to be taken to the hospital ASAP.
Define "a couple of hours" 2, 3, 4?

Dagodweezl

May 27, 2009
god I work at a grocery store and I hat it when old people come in and try to haggle prices with you. "It's this much at some other store" or when they tare apart the shelves trying to find any expired goods.

dantheman931

Dec 25, 2008
suckmyBR said:
Daye.04 said:
suckmyBR said:
THEY HAVE TO WANK THE FUCKING DOG OFF. Jesus fucking Christ, can we please get back to the topic and stop all this incessant bullshit about fucking dog erections?

Jan 11, 2009
dantheman931 said:
suckmyBR said:
Daye.04 said:
suckmyBR said:
THEY HAVE TO WANK THE FUCKING DOG OFF. Jesus fucking Christ, can we please get back to the topic and stop all this incessant bullshit about fucking dog erections?
Good point my friend also I'm sorry that I have no contributions to this thread since I'm only 14 but if this thread stays for long enough I will definitely post something when I get myself a Saturday job. Also known as the time that I get off my lazy arse and start to do something with my life. Well I'm off to go lie down and have a box of chocolates. Bye!

dantheman931

Dec 25, 2008
suckmyBR said:
Good point my friend also I'm sorry that I have no contributions to this thread since I'm only 14 but if this thread stays for long enough I will definitely post something when I get myself a Saturday job. Also known as the time that I get off my lazy arse and start to do something with my life. Well I'm off to go lie down and have a box of chocolates. Bye!
A bit of advice, if I may: Go to college!! :D That way you'll be able to have a real career and not have to do this kind of stuff for the rest of your life.

Jan 11, 2009
dantheman931 said:
suckmyBR said:
A bit of advice, if I may: Go to college!! :D That way you'll be able to have a real career and not have to do this kind of stuff for the rest of your life.
Advice noted!

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
Silent but Violent said:
rosac said:
I may be joining the ranks of those behind the counters on saturday If I get the saturday job I applied for. It's only at a local corner shop, but I reckon I'll have a few stories by the end of next month (possibly involving chavs and ciggies, but y never know.)

wish me luck.

rosac
Prepare yourself for a fun shift. If you're in the UK (which I'm guessing you are, I think chavs are an exclusively British cultural phenomenon), Saturday's lottery night. Every man and his dog will want to buy a go or seven, and often have no clue as to how they work. I would wish you luck, but that would be naive. I wish you a quick and painless death.
eh... forgot about the lottery. Ah well, I'll just have to learn how to process them very quickly. Hopefully the fact that 90% of my towns old people will help.

yes, i do live in the Uk. The chavs local hangouts are both with view of the shop.

and umm thanks for the painless death thing... I think?

rosac

Mookie_Magnus

Clouded Leopard
Jan 24, 2009
This isn't a bad thing, but it's something about my job.

People sometimes rent out the pools for private parties and such. We lifeguards are scheduled to guard for these parties. If we're lucky, the people will usually let us have some leftover cake or pizza or will usually let us help ourselves to the food. I think that's very nice of them.

Now, back to complaining.

At the main pool in my city, the boys locker room is always a mess. The lifeguards have to clean the locker rooms, and the boys locker room always has discared trash, and actual articles of clothing left behind. Literally, these people will leave behind their wife-beater shirts, their underwear, and even bathing suits. They are also quite destructive, breaking things, locking the doors of the stalls and then climbing out through the bottom, and just plain not flushing. I can't tell you how many times I've had to flush someone else's shit.
The other day, I actually had to fish a dirty shitty diaper out of the toilet. Luckily, I was wearing gloves... but still, it was fucking disgusting.

I hate the stupid people who come to swim...