The Dawnguard...

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
ChromaticWolfen said:
SB Ripping said:
How does the perk system work if you are alrdy at level cap???
Vampires and Werewolves gain perk points by feeding on enemys. Vampires do this by either using there absorb health magic attack or their heavy melee attack when your enemy is near death. Both can only be done in the Vampire Lord form. Werewolves only have to feed on corpses I think.

OT: Dawnguard is worth it.
Actually, I can level up the Vampire powers while I'm in human form.

Whenever I revert back to human, I have the red fireball thing in my hand and it gives me points :s

lithiumvocals

Jun 16, 2010
Sean Hollyman said:
It's awesome.

Plus, Serana, the vampire follower is a sexy beast.
I was really pumped to join the Dawnguard and be a vampire hunter. Just adding "The Vampire Hunter" to the end of my in-game name would be worth it. But then Serana was revealed and caused me to have a crisis of character.

Hot goth chick...

or Fayle Yor, The Vampire Hunter...

Hot goth chick...

Vampire Hunter...

Fuck, man.

Zenn3k

Feb 2, 2009
It sounds awesome, I'm downloading it as I'm typing this.

Need something to cleanse the filth and stink of that POS known as Diablo 3 from my memory.

So time to start over on Skyrim, still haven't actually beat it yet, haven't played since the patch that accidentally broke magic resistance. Should be fun to get into it again!

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Better than I was expecting. I was a little bummed when I realized it wasn't gonna be a whole new land to explore, but there's enough extra places (Like the graveyard dimsension thingy) that it's nice.

The daughter of the vampire lord guy is actually very well written. There's lots of extra dialogue at the end of each mission thing you can have with her, and despite the kind of obvious love interest she is supposed to be, she's still rather charming. For a Bethesda game at least. I really don't mind having her shadow me as well, she's a very good fighter.

So far I've only really picked up a few different kinds of Vampire armor, which... looks nice. Not gonna be my long term armor thing though. I joined the Dawnguard more or less, and only have received the crossbow from them so far. Haven't seen any new weapons besides the crossbow yet.

Oh, and for people who are continuing with the same character, I highly recommend you visit the Face Changer in the Ratway of Riften and make your character look a bit older (just added with this DLC). Great for the immersion aspect.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
Fijiman said:
I don't have money so I can't get it anyway. Plus I'm not too attached to the idea of shelling out 20 bucks for DLC anyway, even if it is Skyrim.
Bear in mind that this isn't just "New Character" or "New Weapon" or "New 1-2 Quests" DLC. This is full expansion DLC.

5-10 years ago this would have had a boxed retail release. I've put 15-20 hours into the game since the expansion came out. It is definitely worth it.

Just a recap:

New weapons:
--Dragonbone everything
--2 Crossbow
--Dawnguard war axe; +damage to vamps
--a couple Unique weapons as well

-New Armor:
--5 different styles of Dawnguard armor (3 light, 2 heavy)
--3 different styles of Vampire armor (basically robes, with some protection)

-Vampire and Werewolf perk trees
-The ability to craft arrows (and crossbow bolts)
-New multi-path questline (side with the vamps or dawnguard)
-A completely separate side-questline which rewards you with some unique items
-New enemies (gargoyles, Death hounds, etc.)
-Bigger, badder versions of previous enemies (Chaurus Hunter, Spriggan Earth Mother, Legendary friggin dragons).

This is what an expansion SHOULD be. It is definitely worth $20

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Sober Thal said:
Seriously tho, it isn't difficult to work more for extra cash. People (kids today) are just really fucking lazy.
Being a person who has applied to 40 different jobs in the span of a month I feel I should call bullshit on this statement. It's not that easy to get a job. Maybe it is where you are or maybe because you just don't see how hard it is because you're not in the same situation.

Kroxile

Oct 14, 2010
Sober Thal said:
Yopaz said:
Sober Thal said:
Seriously tho, it isn't difficult to work more for extra cash. People (kids today) are just really fucking lazy.
Being a person who has applied to 40 different jobs in the span of a month I feel I should call bullshit on this statement. It's not that easy to get a job. Maybe it is where you are or maybe because you just don't see how hard it is because you're not in the same situation.
\Bullshit.

Sending out 40 shit resumes does not equal going out and trying to get a job.

Maybe were you live things are simple. Not so much here. One thing remains... jobs are available, real workers are not.
I'm gonna go with Yopaz on this one. When I lived in South Carolina I was at the unemployment office every other week applying for jobs and looking for opportunities and for 6 years I got maybe 2 interviews but never an actual job.

I gave up, moved back home to Illinois and had a job within a couple months.

So he is not bullshitting you, you just sound like some old guy who has no idea what the world is really like these days.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Sober Thal said:
Yopaz said:
Sober Thal said:
\Bullshit.

Sending out 40 shit resumes does not equal going out and trying to get a job.

Maybe were you live things are simple. Not so much here. One thing remains... jobs are available, real workers are not.
Resume was made by a professional service. Job applications written by the book. Also in what world does spending an hour every day looking for places where they are hiring and several hours a day writing job applications not equal trying to get a job? You can say that I wasn't doing a good job, but you can't say I wasn't trying. The result of all those hours of work was one job interview. Wake up from your dream world. Getting a job isn't that simple.

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
Definitely worth it. 2 new quest lines, each about 8 - 10 hours long for that much? Yes. And it's enjoyable. Some of the new locations are cool, new characters, weapons etc. I recommend it.

JoesshittyOs said:
Better than I was expecting. I was a little bummed when I realized it wasn't gonna be a whole new land to explore, but there's enough extra places (Like the graveyard dimsension thingy) that it's nice.
I think I remember reading that they're next one is going to be massive and incorporate a new area.

Rhaff

Jan 30, 2011
Bvenged said:
I'm not getting it yet until I know exactly how much extra content there is - plus I have no interest in becoming a vampire and a whole perk tree centred around a crossbow seems a little lacklustre.

If I do get it, it won't be for a couple of weeks at least. I might just hold on though for their next expansion pack. Todd H said that their future DLC won't take so long to make, or have such a hefty price tag.

If you do get it, I'd love a PM letting me know if it's got around 8-10 hours extra content! It would give me a better reason to download it.
It is most definately worth the money, the main quest it self is about 6 hours or so per faction, so there you all ready have 12 hours. The characters are well written considering its a bethesda game, and the new goodies are simply awesome. The vampire lord kicks all kinds of ass, although he makes dragon encounters a cake walk with his drain health and mist form.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Rhaff said:
Bvenged said:
It is most definately worth the money, the main quest it self is about 6 hours or so per faction, so there you all ready have 12 hours. The characters are well written considering its a bethesda game, and the new goodies are simply awesome. The vampire lord kicks all kinds of ass, although he makes dragon encounters a cake walk with his drain health and mist form.
Oh cool, cheers dude. I know you can't play as both with the same character, but do both factions play fairly differently or do both visit all the same places, á la the civil war?

Rhaff

Jan 30, 2011
Bvenged said:
Rhaff said:
Bvenged said:
Oh cool, cheers dude. I know you can't play as both with the same character, but do both factions play fairly differently or do both visit all the same places, á la the civil war?
They visit most of the same places, but the exposition, the motives are different, since in one you are trying to prevent the prophecy, while in the other you are sorta helping it come true.
But I personally feel that the Lost to the Ages quest line and the vampire lord alone are worth the money, not to mention the forgotten vale is absolutely gorgeous and you get some insight into falmer lore as well.