The Divide

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
To add further context: In "The Division" you play as an illuminati murder hobo and find out that everyone left alive from the previous illuminati murder hobos has decided to reenact "Lord of the Flies" in the middle of the city. You then extort the populace by forcing them to give you their pants in exchange for red bull.

monkeymangler

Feb 9, 2016
MCerberus said:
To add further context: In "The Division" you play as an illuminati murder hobo and find out that everyone left alive from the previous illuminati murder hobos has decided to reenact "Lord of the Flies" in the middle of the city. You then extort the populace by forcing them to give you their pants in exchange for red bull.
That's putting it in context? What was it like OUT of context?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Short, sweet, and to the point.

Gotta love a well-structured joke like that. As they say: brevity is the soul of wit. :3

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Aww... I was hoping the strip would be about the queue in the first Safe House.

Oh, well. I suppose sometimes it's better not to jump into the bandwagon, and "games being games" is funny enough material.

PS: Are you sure he isn't? Maybe you should make sure... >;)

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
monkeymangler said:
MCerberus said:
That's putting it in context? What was it like OUT of context?
Being the world's best-armed hypocrite

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
To be fair, it's considerably less messed up then the original plans that turned into Rainbow Six: Siege. That game started as Rainbow Six: Patriots (I think that was the title, anyway) and focused on gunning your way through the Occupy movement (recast as terrorists).

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
To be honest, the beta was fun for me. It didn't have to be absolutely spectacular, it just had to be fun enough and it was. I could easily buy this and play it off and on whenever I feel like it. Few games make me feel like that. I'm not saying its the best thing since sliced bread, its not. But its good enough for a buy from me and that works.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Basically what I expect from Erin no matter what game she's playing. ;)

MCerberus said:
Yeeeeah, the part where you give them an energy bar and they take off their shirt is kinda creepy.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
To be honest, the beta was fun for me. It didn't have to be absolutely spectacular, it just had to be fun enough and it was. I could easily buy this and play it off and on whenever I feel like it. Few games make me feel like that. I'm not saying its the best thing since sliced bread, its not. But its good enough for a buy from me and that works.
Yeah, that was basically where I ended up. The only additional caveat is, my budget couldn't take another $120 hit this month (since I'd be paying for two copies). Still, a lot of fun.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Starke said:
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
Yeah, that was basically where I ended up. The only additional caveat is, my budget couldn't take another $120 hit this month (since I'd be paying for two copies). Still, a lot of fun.
I'm waiting myself, budget doesn't support any new games beyond $20 so I will wait. But I can wait as well.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I don't get it... Are these other players in the Dark Zone, or just some normal hoodlums? They look like normal hoodlums (the for some reason incredibly effective cap armor and hankeys covering the face getup), they even fire gangsta style. Wouldn't it have made more sense to have them be other players?

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
Bob_McMillan said:
I don't get it... Are these other players in the Dark Zone, or just some normal hoodlums? They look like normal hoodlums (the for some reason incredibly effective cap armor and hankeys covering the face getup), they even fire gangsta style. Wouldn't it have made more sense to have them be other players?
It's because you can often encounter hoodlums leaning over bodies looting them. But it can also look like they're helping.

OT: It was a good comic, and it's usually a tactic I employ

... Until Cleaners start swarming out from everywhere.

Coach Morrison

Jun 8, 2009
llubtoille said:
Adding that our characters are completely unidentifiable as any kind of official.
What do you mean? They have a weird patch that no civilian would notice and a glowing watch, how could they not be identifiable.

I do love how they have to warn the military that the extremely well armed guy running towards them isn't there to murder them every time.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Posting a similar photo in the lounge thread, but I stick by this though.
I just want to see the next comic that's just the queue and...