The Elder Scrolls Future

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
TizzytheTormentor said:
Still, if they didn't greet you like that (I admit that was annoying) It would be fantastic. I am not saying we need that for the next game, I'm saying that having a plot based around politics would be more fun than killing the big bad and saving Tamriel for the 100th time. Have your choice of faction have a drastic change on the world and cities. Make yourself a respected figurehead or a ruthless tyrant who has hits placed on them. That would be fun. Also bring Spears and Crossbows back! (especially crossbows)
The problem with doing politics is that your hero HAS to be forgotten, a player character can NEVER rise to a place of true importance within a government.

If they did, explaining that in lore would require that all possible join-able political groups to be destroyed making doing it kinda pointless.

Smithburg

May 21, 2009
I'd love to see a truly deep storyline from them, and I like the idea of the dwemer there, it could work out pretty well and we could finally find out about them.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
SajuukKhar said:
The problem with doing politics is that your hero HAS to be forgotten, a player character can NEVER rise to a place of true importance within a government.

If they did, explaining that in lore would require that all possible join-able political groups to be destroyed making doing it kinda pointless.
On this note I like how they handled the Shivering Isles in Skyrim. Your character did become Sheogorath in every way. Also did they ever say anything about what happened to Jyggalag?

Drizzitdude

Nov 12, 2009
I always had the idea the the dwemer were ovetaken terminator style by their machines. What happened to the dwemer? You ever notice all the soul gems you find that run their guardians?

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Eddie the head said:
On this note I like how they handled the Shivering Isles in Skyrim. Your character did become Sheogorath in every way. Also did they ever say anything about what happened to Jyggalag?
No they havent

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
SajuukKhar said:
Eddie the head said:
No they havent
Think they are saving that for DLC or just not going to touch it?

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Eddie the head said:
Think they are saving that for DLC or just not going to touch it?
There are some theories made by the lore masters of the Bethesda forums that Jyggy was reabsorbed into the Champion of Cyrodil after he became Sheogorath despite supposedly "freeing" jyggy in the Shivering Isles MQ.

I don't remember the exact reasoning but it made sense when i read it.

PLightstar

Aug 23, 2011
The way Skyrim played out, made me think the Dragonborn would become the next emp and reunite the empire. Seeing as the strongest line of rulers have been Dragonborn and depending on your actions in the DB storyline, the emperor may be dead. With the backing of the greybeards and the imperials in Skyrim you could easily march to the White tower and be crowned the next Emperor. As mush as I would like to see this and the Empire/Thalmor war, I don't think we will see it and only be able to read about it in books found in future games.

The next Elder Scrolls should go back to an Arena like area, where you have more than one country to explore.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
PLightstar said:
The way Skyrim played out, made me think the Dragonborn would become the next emp and reunite the empire. Seeing as the strongest line of rulers have been Dragonborn and depending on your actions in the DB storyline, the emperor may be dead. With the backing of the greybeards and the imperials in Skyrim you could easily march to the White tower and be crowned the next Emperor. As mush as I would like to see this and the Empire/Thalmor war, I don't think we will see it and only be able to read about it in books found in future games.
The Greybeards have literally 0 political pull, and The Imperials will just elect either titus Mede II's son or a member of the high counsel.

PLightstar

Aug 23, 2011
They do in Skyrim, so you would have the Nords on your side, then if you lead the Empire to victory in the civil war, you would have those forces under your belt aswell. The Dragonblood in your veins would just be another claim to the throne. Along with the fact Odahviing would be on your side, with him and your shouts no-one could stand in your way. (got a bit evil dictator in my rant then)

WodashGSJ

Mar 20, 2009
An Akaviri invasion sounds most likely, which would provide a good reason for the Psijics to come out of seclusion. That would give an excuse to totally revamp the magic system again, so it's far more likely to happen as TESVI than as an expansion. There isn't really any particular province this has to take place in, as it would affect most of them equally. Perhaps the ruins of Morrowind would be a good landing zone for the invaders, as there's not likely to be much military force available, but I'd guess one of the provinces we haven't seen much of is more likely. High Rock or Hammerfell would work well with minimal new data for the Skyrim engine, but they aren't likely to present much of a visual change from Skyrim, so in the end I'd vote for the Summerset Isles or Elsweyr unless they get covered in a Skyrim expansion first.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
TizzytheTormentor said:
They could have a canon ending (fallout 1+2 had canon endings and New Vegas may have one unless it s never mentioned again) Also, didn't all possible daggerfall endings happen? They could make all endings canon with clever writing. Also the current Sheogorath is the player charcter from oblivion and from dialoge, he completed the main quest (obviously) complete the dark brotherhood and thieves guild and presumably the other guilds and factions. Never mentioned much of the nerevarine's adventures outside the main questline, which house did he help? It's up to you.
-Fallout is a series that has been built on invalidating player choice in the sequel, ES is not.
-Yes all of Daggerfall's endings did happen, one of which being you were killed by Numidium and forgotten, your point?
-Actually the current Sheogorath is ASSUMED to be the player character from Oblivion. Had your character not done the Dark Brotherhood quest-line then Sheogorath is not you.
-They made the Neravarine vanish, and nuked Morrowind, to make any house you could have chosen irrelevant.
All of which do nothing to justify the Dragonborn becoming the leader of the Empire, unlike the other things mentioned, which are incredibly small and trivial, being the ruler of the empire would be a monumental deal.

Forgetitnow344

Jan 8, 2010
honestdiscussioner said:
ilovemyLunchbox said:
It can be about whatever it wants, I just want it to be HUGE. I'm looking forward to the day I get to walk all the way across Tamriel in one game. I'm looking for something the size of the TES2 except for not randomized. I'll wait ten years for it if need be. Let's do this.
Well they said they wanted to create a MMO next, and that would likely be all of Tamriel.
Oh cool. We need a WoW killer. WoW just really isn't all that friendly to new players. I tried jumping in about a year ago, and everyone I played with was just running from fetch quest to fetch quest without giving any of it any thought or stopping to let me read or even explaining to me WHY we're doing this... Just mindlessly grinding. It was obnoxious to play a game for ten hours and have no context of why we're doing what we're doing. The only people I know who love WoW and still play today have been playing for five years or more. It's just so damn hard to join the cool kids club. An Elder Scrolls MMO would be perfect.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
I'd like the next game to be set in Valenwood. Plenty of oppurtunities for gorgeous scenery and interesting creatures, + we don't know much about the place so they could go pretty wild story wise.

Murmillos

Silly Deerthing
Feb 13, 2011
I would like to see the next game either in Valenwood & Elsweyr or Black Marsh & lower Morrwind.

As for DLC of Skyrim; I'm not really sure what direction it should take...

ardias014

Aug 31, 2009
[quote/]
-Fallout is a series that has been built on invalidating player choice in the sequel, ES is not.
[/quote]
Thats a bunch of crap, your choices are invalidated by things like the warp in the west, nerevar disappearing, and becoming Sheogorath.
Note: No matter what, you are sheogorath, they canonized alot.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
Akavir. Nuff said.

In-game book also points to Tosh-Raka talking about invading Tamriel.
I want to see the Akaviri themselves if they hadn't been eaten by vampire-snakes :( hopefully there are still a few left.