The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review

Bethesda's latest is a true RPG epic that asks you what you want and then gives it to you.

Read Full Article

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Five stars, eh?

So... about as good as Dragon Age 2 then?

Good to know.

I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Sorry, but that shit-stirring opportunity was too good to miss.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
I've only read the Guardian review (prominent UK paper, 5 stars) and the main reason I'm looking into the reviews so much is not to know whether the game is good or not, I think everything can assume it is, but how annoying the bugs are.

From what I've heard so far, they're not New Vegas bad.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Zhukov said:
Five stars, eh?

Good to know.
Oh boy, thank you for reminding me of that... thing.

As for the facial animation, do Bethsesda use motion-capture? or is it all just animators?

predatorpulse7

Jun 9, 2011
Zhukov said:
Five stars, eh?

Good to know.

[sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Sorry, but that shit-stirring opportunity was too good to miss.[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]
Good one dude.

Nailed it.

We are blessed with another classic. LAWL.

I just hope it's better that the steaming pile of crap that was Oblivion.

Gather

Apr 9, 2009
...That was fast

Deviate said:
I just wonder, with all the dragons in the game, will a sneaky archer still be viable, or will it be gimped in such fights?
Aaah, the sneaky archer. Pop an arrow, the AI falls down and disregards the arrow poking out of him. Fire another arrow and the AI typically dies. It's fun but gets a little old

draythefingerless

Jul 10, 2010
Deviate said:
So, I've gone from being 'meh' about all the Skyrim hype until these last two days where I've been... well, this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY

I just wonder, with all the dragons in the game, will a sneaky archer still be viable, or will it be gimped in such fights?
I dont think Stealth is an option when it comes to killing a dragon....

coolbluex

Nov 19, 2009
lol i think my fav part of the review is hearing steve butts curse at the lock picking section

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Screw it! I'm going to the midnight release in Seaford for this sucker! I can't wait much longer, and the lock-picking looks easy for anyone who played the shit out of Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. I was a lock-picking master in those games, rarely broke a pick even on the hardest locks.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
draythefingerless said:
Deviate said:
So, I've gone from being 'meh' about all the Skyrim hype until these last two days where I've been... well, this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY

Maybe you can poison it's tea?

ZeppMan217 said:
But the question is - will Yahtzee review it?
Only if the planets align. LIke with Oblivion and Morrowind :p

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
ZeppMan217 said:
But the question is - will Yahtzee review it?
As a high profile game, you bet your sweet bippy. Can't wait for that one, it's gonna be funny.

Calcium

Dec 30, 2010
So much want. So little time.

Over the next two weeks I have 5 pieces of coursework to finish... I really am seriously annoyed I won't be able to play this for so long. :(

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
I'm already at fever pitch in terms of my excitement for this game.
I wish I didn't have work tomorrow.

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
>Implying the vast majority of the gaming public isn't already buying it
>Implying everyone in the world doesn't know it's getting perfect scores from every reviewer
>Implying I'm Vlad the Implyer

>mfw I have no face

*Ahem*

Sorry, was up literally all night on /v/ as the hype for this one is going beyond 'God Emperor of Mankind' fanaticism. A cult which I am happily joining at midnight tonight. :)

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
The idea of getting lost in the game actually appeals to me. One of the things that I liked about Morrowind.

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
Every Website I've looked at you have watch a Skyrim trailer before the Skyrim review. /facepalm.

Also, good joke but the DA2 review was Greg and this one is Buttman himself.
Oh I just noticed the tiny text.

draythefingerless

Jul 10, 2010
Ruwrak said:
draythefingerless said:
Deviate said:

Maybe you can poison it's tea?
Thats just stupid and silly......i mean, how are you supposed to know whats poisonous to a dragon?