The End of Flash? Firefox Is Now Automatically Blocking Flash By Default

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
gigastar said:
Like hell im turning Flash off. Cant watch anime or youtube nor can i do anything on Newgrounds.
YouTube doesn't use Flash anymore [http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/27/7926001/youtube-drops-flash-for-html5-video-default].

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
NephilimNexus said:
Adam Jensen said:
Good. Let it die a fast death and switch over to HTML5 already.
I, too, eagerly await the thousands of reports of security holes in HTML5 next.

Hackers gonna hack, yo.
That's no excuse to not take care of security leaks when they become apparent. Burglars are gonna burgle, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna leave my front door hanging open with a "Free Stuff" sign hanging on it.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Wandering_Hero said:
I guess its official, google chrome is the best web browser
Maybe if somebody gave it a sandwich. This is a non-problem, since the last update overrode Firefox's tantrum.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Turned it off, much better internet experience. Firefox runs better and everything else still works, even youtube.
Safe to say that Flash is better off removed entirely.

Demonjazz

Sexually identifies as Tiefling
Sep 13, 2008
... Oh no?... I need to press two buttons so I can watch flash videos and games.... Yeah, not exactly the death of flash, I think.

Recusant

Nov 4, 2014
Well, at least they're not being half-assed about it. Mozilla caved on the EME extensions months ago; I wonder how long it'll be before they start singing the praises of needing the correct browser to access each website.

When I looked back on the internet of the mid-90's nostalgically and wished we could have some of those things back, Mozilla, this wasn't what I meant.