The Erin Stout School of Problem Solving

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
Moonlight Butterfly said:
DVS BSTrD said:
"Unorthodox"? I find that's the way most women react to spiders.
That or get a man to deal with it.
I pick them up in my hands and put them outside. :| But then I do live in a country where they are not dangerous at all.
I do that to. It's not the spiders that carry Tripple E and Lyme desease, now is it?
Nope British spiders tend to be on the tame side, you wouldn't catch me doing that with a brown recluse or something :p.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Agow95 said:
That is unorthodox, any sane person would use a shotgun.
Nah, she needs a flamethrower; this guy's on the ball"
Lectori Salutem said:
Everyone knows spiders have to be killed with fire
slash2x said:
Did no one else see the spider was ON Mol? And second I got a very 47 vibe from her gun, shirt, and glove combo...
That could be either her halloween costume or her Spider-Killing Uniform, which I think should be traditional Assassin robes.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
I saw a very informative documentary about spiders recently:

Anyway, now I have to wonder: Why not use bleach on the spider in the little girl's room?

ClockworkPenguin

Mar 29, 2012
The Lugz said:
WanderingFool said:
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Found a spider under a work table in the garage. Thing was the size of a half-dollar, and fucking CHARGED me.

That pistol is NOT big enough. I honestly considered napalm for a while there.
Size a fucking half-dollar!?

Also, who would give Erin a gun? Thats like through gasoline onto a fire.
tut tut, how rude. firing off a tank in a populated area
at-least borrow my silencer:

i agree, erin needs a shotgun at least.
Gonna put this out there, do you think maybe the guys in that image are compensating for something?

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Maybe it's a flaming clown spider? That would be the only logical answer to those.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
There is only one way to be sure.
[img width= 400]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120615163807/masseffect/images/thumb/3/31/Exterminatus.jpg/640px-Exterminatus.jpg[/img]

God how I hate spiders.

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
All the spiders in this thread are making me ansy.
See, I live in Australia, and it wouldn't be a normal month if a... fuck, you made me look around my room and I spotted a spider.
Thanks.

EDIT: Dead by means of shoe-on-end-of-sword.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Hmmm, well Spiders are generally not bad things, they tend to kill insects that are a pretty deterimental to humans and their interests. A few spiders in or around your garden can solve all kinds of problems.

That said, I've killed them, but tend to put them outside or whatver. For all the horror stories dangerous (to people) spiders seem to be a distinct minority.

I do confess they do make me uneasy at times though, but I chalk it up to more or less looking at/encountering something that is both predatory, and totally alien to me, even if harmless due to our relative size in most cases. :)

Giant spiders is one of the more superficially plausible threats in the "stereotypical rogues gallery" given spiders the size of humans or bigger I'd imagine even the run of the mill garden spider wouldn't be fun to deal with, as they are predators.

-

When it comes to Erin she doesn't seem above lying on ATF paperwork, and I'm also not 100% sure she was ever officially diagnosed with anything. It's sort of like how with my problems (brain damage, institutionalized as a minor) I can actually answer 'no' to most questions like that (I've checked) as I've never been institutionalized as an adult OR considered to be insane or delusional in a legal sense.

I'll also say that most people that I know don't buy their guns by just waltzing into a store, they usually know the dealer selling fairly well. The paperwork typically doesn't come up that much, but then again I'm usually dealing with things/people that tend to stand opposite from the whole "criminal/deulusional gunman" crowd.

DataSnake

Aug 5, 2009
Can anyone explain the reference here? My best guess is she's trying to be like Revolver Ocelot, but I've never actually played the MGS games, so I'm not sure. Does he have a thing about spiders or something? Or is Erin mimicking someone else altogether?

CitySquirrel

Jun 1, 2010
DataSnake said:
Can anyone explain the reference here? My best guess is she's trying to be like Revolver Ocelot, but I've never actually played the MGS games, so I'm not sure. Does he have a thing about spiders or something? Or is Erin mimicking someone else altogether?
I don't think it is a reference... Erin just tends to overdo things.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
DataSnake said:
I just figured it was Erin's usual tendency to take a normal situation and take the solution to extremes. She's not exactly...Rational. Case in point:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/critical-miss/9951-Excuses
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/critical-miss/9904-Manic-Pixie-Dream-Girl
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/critical-miss/9881-Nostalgia

Okay, that last one actually might be a reasonable reaction, judging by my friends.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
ClockworkPenguin said:
The Lugz said:
WanderingFool said:
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Found a spider under a work table in the garage. Thing was the size of a half-dollar, and fucking CHARGED me.

That pistol is NOT big enough. I honestly considered napalm for a while there.
Size a fucking half-dollar!?

SNIP- big img.

Also, who would give Erin a gun? Thats like through gasoline onto a fire.
tut tut, how rude. firing off a tank in a populated area
at-least borrow my silencer:

SNIP- big img.

i agree, erin needs a shotgun at least.
Gonna put this out there, do you think maybe the guys in that image are compensating for something?
quite possibly,
but design me a re-verb chamber that large 155mm if memory serves? ( it was on the page i stole it from )
and you'll see the simple design just looks that way
i think they get kudos for making something very loud very quiet, even if the solution is.. ballsy
anyway, you're completely correct if you think i googled 'big gun' for the picture
i was going to take the german w2 super rail gun that could lob building sized rounds but
a silenced tank fired through your kitchen window would certainly be within the realms of possibility
for a web comic at least

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
RJ 17 said:
That nightmare and phobia inducing crap was a comedy!?
I remembering being horrified watching it, granted I was maybe 7 at the time, but still!

To quote Sir Hammerlock "Repressed memories, aho!"