The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Daft Sikes

Jun 10, 2010
Gunsmoke: Outside of the Stables

David, Melethia, Ton Ton

[color=9BBED5]'Screw this place! I need to find a way home.[/color]' David ran clumsily on the sandy terrain, as the weight of his bag swung him to and 'fro. Despite, this he was able to keep a decent pace. It seemed that those PE classes were starting to pay off.[color=9BBED5]'Yeah, just find the nearest phone an-'[/color] David, while rambling in his head, had his foot hit something, and with the grace befitting of an Ashworth... [color=9BBED5]"AAGH!"[/color] ... he promptly fell on his face.

Facedown in the dirt for a good ten or twenty seconds, he pushed himself up from the ground, sputtering and wiping off the sand from his face and glasses. [color=9BBED5]"PAAAH! Damn, I got some of it in my mouth! Stupid rocks..."[/color] Unbeknownst to him, the so-called "stupid rock" was a young elven girl.

bluerocker

Queen of Cockblocking and Misery
Sep 22, 2011
Gunsmoke Outskirts: Devon, Ella, Garm, Lucifer, Teri

Teri's mind hummed with a pleased sense of ease as she slowly felt her worries melting away under the Angel's wing; sleep slowly creeping in on her as the night was progressing. Of course, the heat of the fire, and Lucifer's reassuring touch only helped to speed the process along; her eye-lids growing heavier and heavier until -

[color=c20000]"When you get the chance, I need to talk with you. Head to the tavern at the first chance you have, would you?"[/color]

Slindis' voice entered her mind and exited very quickly; shattering what peace the Cleric had found herself falling into. With a groan, the Cleric straightened up again; using the amulet to let Lucifer know that she was summoned by her 'mother',

[color=0E59E4]"I'd hate to keep her waiting... But I will return shortly. Keep my place warm, please?"[/color]

After getting out from the comfort of her temporary resting place, Teri gave a general summary of what she had just heard, and roused her sleepy wolf as well; the two finally making their way to the bar in a matter of minutes. When she reached the area in question, she tapped her ring, [color=0E59E4]"I'm right outside the establishment in question with Garm. Do you want me to come in as well?"[/color]

Gunsome: Outside of the Stables

David, Melethia, Ton Ton

"Well, that should keep it safe. Now, do ya wanna head outside with me? I'm gonna take a look at the sky."

Ton Ton followed his brainy friend outside, and sat by her shoulder, looking up at the various constellations with Melehthia. He didn't know much about stars, but he had heard nice things about them, granting wishes and whatnot. If he were to wish now, would it be granted? In the travels the Tonberry encountered, such things seemed to be highly possible. But, before he could continue such a thing, the scholarly David tripped over Melethia. As he worked his way back to a proper alignment of limbs, Ton Ton asked, [color=15650D]"I don't know much about customs here, but I'm fairly certain that tripping over a person, regardless of the location, warrants an apology to the person being tripped over. And you, sir, I believe owe Ms. Melethia an apology."[/color]

bluecrimson

No soffidx.
Sep 8, 2010
Slindis, Pandora, Esia, Rugal

She chuckled to herself at the teenager's snappy remark. After all, the way she responded so defensively meant that she was used to this kind of response. [color=c20000]"I'll be right back: I need to talk with someone."[/color]

She took a seat on one of the benches outside and motioned for her student to do the same. [color=c20000]"Teri, I've managed to calm down since I first found out what you did, but it was still extremely risky. How do you think Rugal and I would have felt if you or Melethia had been killed or worse? I know that you know there's far worse things than dying. and I do have to watch out for you. Can you understand where I'm coming from?"[/color]

Melethia, Ton Ton, David

Now, our little elf was more than a bit annoyed that the scholar had tripped and dropped his bag with all his books on the elf in the process. Although the bag didn't hurt all that much, the fact that it had caught her off-guard meant that it had winded her. Naturally, it took a few minutes to get the books off of her, and there were a few paper cuts in the process. "Hey, I am not a rock! Why dont'cha watch where ya run next time, Library!"

Gunsmoke: Outskirts

Devon rubbed Ella's shoulder as he responded. "Well, she was a fairly strong personality, I will admit. A bit overbearing, but if you know how to talk to her, I'm sure she could be a fairly reasonable person. And when it comes to you, Ella, I'll take what I can get. As they say, relationships are all about compromise." The bard took off the suit coat to give to Ella, and he looked back at Lucifer.

Hearing the talk of going to the top brought up a question that was starting to nag at him. "Speaking of, why are you here, Lucifer? Even if you're in a relationship with Teri, I'd expect that you'd be plenty busy what with the death toll here and those angels that didn't need much of a push to join those men currently eating ramen in the Clannad universe..."

Daft Sikes

Jun 10, 2010

David, Melethia, and Ton Ton

[color=15650D]"I don't know much about customs here, but I'm fairly certain that tripping over a person, regardless of the location, warrants an apology to the person being tripped over. And you, sir, I believe owe Ms. Melethia an apology."[/color]

David spat to the side, ridding himself of the remaining sand in his mouth. [color=9BBED5]"Well, you are correct in what you say,"[/color] He raised his head to look at the speaker, who he assumed to be a young child. [color=9BBED5]"But you have to understand that when someone is tripped, that theeeeyyooooooou're a Tonberry."[/color]

"Hey, I am not a rock! Why dont'cha watch where ya run next time, Library!"

David looked up higher, and saw a young elven girl, standing over him and scowling. He made a choking noise in his throat and fell on his back, looking up at the sky. It was the only thing that seemed to make sense to him at the moment.

[color=9BBED5]"...Did I breathe in some toxic fumes or something? I think I'm going mad.[/color]

bluerocker

Sep 22, 2011
Slindis, Teri, Garm

[color=c20000]"Teri, I've managed to calm down since I first found out what you did, but it was still extremely risky. How do you think Rugal and I would have felt if you or Melethia had been killed or worse? I know that you know there's far worse things than dying. and I do have to watch out for you. Can you understand where I'm coming from?"[/color]

As Teri made her movements to sit down on the bench with her Master, Slindis could see how on edge the girl was at that moment, as if she were about to be struck. What was she so afraid of? Still, sit she did, and she slowly pet Garm's head (which was currently nestled in his Pup's lap) as she tried to put her thoughts together properly. Well, the tone Slindis was using was better than she expected. She was fully prepared to partially lose her hearing for a few hours.

She continued petting Garm's face, and words slowly tumbled out, [color=0E59E4]"I didn't ask for Mel to come along. She did that one on her own. Really, I didn't want her to, but you know how she is. Now, don't get me wrong, Ma'am, I'm not trying to pin the blame on her, by any means. If anything, this whole scenario should be on me; even if Devon did plan the raid. The reason the raid was even called for was on account of things I did as an Author. The person in question that was being rescued was Caim's sister, Furiae."[/color]

Her eyes remained downcast, and away from her surrogate mother's face, focusing on the wolf as a gentle reprieve from seeing the disappointment that was (in Teri's mind) painted on Slindis' face.

[color=0E59E4]"As you already know, I used to write for Caim and Angelus. That writing also extended to a stint I pulled as Caim's rival turned nemesis turned madman, Inuart. I don't know if you ever met him, but he was hell bent on bringing back Furiae from the dead; even though he did it once already and she was a monster because of the methods used the first time around."[/color]

She typed a few things on her Tablet, and handed it to Slindis; showing a picture of said bard, [color=0E59E4]"When I was writing for him, he never succeeded his efforts, and I left him with a broken pact and a broken spirit. I should have written him out of the story somehow. Not by killing him, necessarily, but maybe thrown in another dimension or something... Point is, Inuart was able to bring her back, and Furiae was imprisoned. So, naturally, when I got wind that she was alive, I jumped at the chance of making it up to Caim and Angelus, even if only a little. Yes, I know it was reckless, but I heard about it way into the final stages of planning, and I figured you'd say no; especially since Mel wanted to come along."[/color]

She gave a soft sigh, and smiled a little at the gentle face her furry companion made, which looked to her as if he were trying to cheer her up. Well, it worked a little. Maybe a bit of the dog in him had something to do with it? Regardless, Teri found the strength to finish her 'defense' of sorts, [color=0E59E4]"Still, with Furiae rescued, Bruiser dead, my voice back and minimal casualties... I cannot say that I feel like what I did was wrong, Ma'am. Even if you and Mr. Bernstein are furious with me..."[/color]

Slindis took a further note with Teri's monikers for herself and Rugal; referring to their more formal versions instead of "Mum" or "Dad". She couldn't think that they wanted nothing to do with her, did she?

David, Melethia, and Ton Ton

David spat to the side, ridding himself of the remaining sand in his mouth. [color=9BBED5]"Well, you are correct in what you say,"[/color] He raised his head to look at the speaker, assuming him to be a young child. [color=9BBED5]"But you have to understand that when someone is tripped, that theeeeyyooooooou're a Tonberry."[/color]

Ton Ton backed up with alarm, his hands already readied with his equipment, [color=15650D]"I understand I may appear threatening at this moment, but so long as you do not seek the harm of Ms. Melethia, I will not bring any to you. Who are you, stranger?"[/color]

Shooting Melethia a glance he laughed nervously, [color=15650D]"Sorry to get all serious, Ms. Melethia, but I can't help but be a little edgy, you know? Don't want people farming me for Chef's Knifes."[/color]

bluecrimson

No soffidx.
Sep 8, 2010
Slindis, Teri

Slindis noted Teri's shift in how she addressed Rugal and herself and put a hand on her student and daughter to nip this little bad habit in the bud. [color=c20000]"Teri, Before I go and say anything else, let me make one point clear. We are family, and you can't drop that at a whim. You can't expect us to drop it at a whim, either. So please, stop thinking that."[/color]

She lifted up Teri's chin and looked her in the eyes with the eyes Teri had seen when Teri had first discussed what happened to your family. [color=c20000]"I will admit, I'm not happy with the choice you made, but you made a choice and followed through on it. Not only that, both you and your sister got back here safely. Sometimes the best decisions ever made are ones done on impulse, and I'm glad you made sure to keep your sister safe there. So why do you think that I wouldn't want to keep you in this family?"[/color]

Without giving her pupil a chance to respond, she embraced her in a comforting hug. [color=c20000]"Teri, even if it's ended up like it has, we're family. Nothing you can do will change that."[/color]

Melethia, Ton Ton, David

Melethia brushed off her legs as she looked at the student. "Library, you're very real. Here, I'll pinch ya to let ya know!" True to her word, she delivered a sharp pinch with her fingers in his leg. Although she didn't use her nails and thus drew had no risk of drawing blood, the sharp jolt of pain was enough to tell David that this was all to real.

He listened to Lucifer's story and raised an eyebrow after joining in on the laughter. "Still, couldn't someone from one of the other circles try to go for power with you gone? Granted, I'm not too well-versed in the politics of hell, but it does seem like a time if ever, especially with Ella up here as well." Devon played some mellow songs on the guitar, adding to the relatively good mood of the night.

While he played, he looked at Ella. "So, what do you plan on doing now that you know what your father is? Something tells me that your mom won't be too happy with that."

Daft Sikes

Jun 10, 2010

David, Melethia, Ton Ton
Ton Ton backed up with alarm, his hands already readied with his equipment, [color=15650D]"I understand I may appear threatening at this moment, but so long as you do not seek the harm of Ms. Melethia, I will not bring any to you. Who are you, stranger?"[/color]

Shooting Melethia a glance he laughed nervously, [color=15650D]"Sorry to get all serious, Ms. Melethia, but I can't help but be a little edgy, you know? Don't want people farming me for Chef's Knifes."[/color]

David's eye twitched.

Melethia brushed off her legs as she looked at the student. "Library, you're very real. Here, I'll pinch ya to let ya know!" True to her word, she delivered a sharp pinch with her fingers in his leg. Although she didn't use her nails and thus drew had no risk of drawing blood, the sharp jolt of pain was enough to tell David that this was all to real.

[color=9BBED5]"...Ow."[/color] The student got up to look at the little Tonberry and elf. Yes, they were indeed standing right there, looking at him. Staring at him... [color=9BBED5]"...Hmm. Hmmhmmhmmhmm..."[/color] David began chuckling to himself, before breaking out into manic laughter. [color=9BBED5]Hahaha! AHAHAHAHAHAHA-*ulp* Oh... Oh God..."[/color] David's eyes widened as he looked from left to right, and found a barrel sitting by the stables, suitable for the task. He ran up to it and then he...[color=9BBED5]"GUUUEEEEEHHH~"[/color]

...Yeah.

A minute later...

After filling the barrel with semi-digested beef and carrots, David walked back to Melethia and Ton Ton, looking terribly jittery and disheveled.[color=9BBED5]"S-so, you guys are real then, huh..."[/color] He stood around for a couple of seconds before giving them a small, awkward bow. [color=9BBED5]"My name is David Ashworth, a-and I'm sorry for tripping over you, uh..."[/color] He stopped, having forgotten the name that the little Tonberry mentioned.

bluerocker

Sep 22, 2011
Slindis, Teri

Without giving her pupil a chance to respond, she embraced her in a comforting hug. [color=c20000]"Teri, even if it's ended up like it has, we're family. Nothing you can do will change that."[/color]

Teri gave a sheepish laugh, but did not pull away from the sudden hug; [color=0E59E4]"Well, when you ask that... I guess its safe to say I was intimidated on the indirect threats. Mum, when you tell me I'm lucky you're not around when you were upset, visions of Everything is Nothing danced in my head! And that's not even counting Mr Bern- erm, Dad, mentioning- oh what was it? 'Showering in the pain' of whoever blew up the base, or something along those lines. Hey, call me a pansy, but Dad being that mad gave me plenty reason to think he didn't want me around for awhile... Don't tell him I said that though! I don't want to make him upset again; if he's as worried as you say he is."[/color]

She laughed again, that same embarrassed quality threaded in, [color=0E59E4]"Then again, I will admit I probably overreacted a bit. Everyone does tell me I worry too much anyways..."[/color]

Melethia, Ton Ton, David

[color=9BBED5]"S-so, you guys are real then, huh..."[/color] He stood around for a couple of seconds before giving them a small, awkward bow. [color=9BBED5]"My name is David Ashworth, a-and I'm sorry for tripping over you, uh..."[/color] He stopped, having forgotten the name that the little Tonberry mentioned.

Ton Ton gave a nod to David, and saluted with his lantern, [color=15650D]"I'm Ton Ton. My friend here is Ms. Melethia. What're you doing in this place, Mr. David?"[/color]

Daft Sikes

Jun 10, 2010

David, Melethia, Ton Ton

Ton Ton gave a nod to David, and saluted with his lantern, [color=15650D]"I'm Ton Ton. My friend here is Ms. Melethia. What're you doing in this place, Mr. David?"[/color]

David straightened out and brushed the sand from his legs. [color=9BBED5]"I really wish I knew. I was sitting in a classroom one minute, and then I was being chased out of a lady's room in a saloon."[/color] He paused. [color=9BBED5]"Now that you mention it, what exactly is this place? Where in the world am I?"[/color] While looking at his surroundings he caught sight of his books. They had fallen out of his bag again and were sitting in a heap beside Melethia. He let out an annoyed groan. [color=9BBED5]"Damn it! Not again..."[/color]

bluecrimson

No soffidx.
Sep 8, 2010
Slindis, Teri

Slindis held Teri close, still letting her know it was okay. [color=c20000]"Well, a good deal of the Issue I had was in the not communicating. After all, despite what it looks like, I do have a rather large amount of experience under my belt. I don't expect you to tell me about everything, but when it comes to something like that, it would be nice to be kept in the loop. And why would you expect me to attack you? Neither I nor your father will ever do that, and if he even tries to, you can let me know, okay?"[/color]

With that, she released Teri from the hug. [color=c20000]"Now, remember that if there's anything you need to keep under wraps yet need to inform me about, you know how to do it. And if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have had the opinion I've gained about the Authors now. Sure, Devon's showing that he wasn't as bad as I first thought and he does have quite a bit of backbone, but you were the first one that showed the dedication to head here. That takes an incredible strength of character, and don't let yourself forget it."[/color]

Melethia, Ton Ton, David

Melethia gathered the books that the student lost and placed them in the bag. "Library, I got your books picked up. Now do ya mind watchin' where you're goin' next time?" She walked over and handed the books to Devid before motioning around the town with her hand.

"This is called Gunsmoke, Library. Kinda dry here, but there's still plenty of water here. Ya just gotta know how to get it. Don't really know how ya coulda got here, but maybe through some magic portal? I've seen weirder." The elf which was nearing puberty looked David over, trying to find out where he'd come from. Probably some sort of high and fancy type, judging by those clothes...

Devon nodded as he heard the Father and Daughter talk, inwardly wondering what his family had been like as he responded. "I don't mean to be rude, but if they really didn't like you, they could amass their collective faiths into one suitable candidate for the sole purpose of overthrowing you. I could be blowing smoke out of my ass, but people do crazy things when they want to get rid of someone else, and with you away, no real knowing what they would do."

He paused on hearing that Agehea was looking for ammo to get rid of Lucifer and thought it out, then responded slowly. "Pardon my intrusion, but what would happen if Agehea were to find out about you and Teri? I mean, it could happen, and the Lord of the Abyss being intimate with a Cleric of the Boss has to be controversial. Not that I don't like that you two are hitting it off, don't get me wrong! It just seems like a really dangerous situation there..." The more he thought of it with the information he heard about Agehea aiming for the top, added onto the fact that Agehea was the head of the circle of Lust...

He hoped he was wrong, because if he was right, he didn't want to think of the far reaching effects.

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Gunsmoke: Outside the Saloon

David, Jenny

"Just...Let me get back you on that."

Fionn tapped David on the shoulder, suspicious of Jenny running off after what he was as just a chocobo rider. "Do me a favor and follow the Super Psych, I don't think she'll want to wander off by herself around here. Keep your distance but be ready to jump in if anything happens. I'll round up the others. "

"So I'm doing the dirty work then?"

"Don't think about it like that, thin of it as being a cowboy spy! Or something." He walked off, confident in West's capabilities, but more focused on meeting the new arrivals in the group.

Slindis, Teri

As Fionn walked over, he could see the two were having a private moment. He respected their privacy, but still needed to figure what was going on, so he walked past, looped around the station, and then walked back as the two finished their conversation. Walking up the steps, he waved them as he spoke "Sorry to barge in on the happy family, but I'd like to remind you both we have a job on our hands yes?"

Saloon

Rugal, Storm, Matt, Eisa, Pandora, Lucretia, T-X-D

As everyone tended to their own matters, there was a little problem brewing due to Storm's decision to beat a man at blackjack in order to get a violin. See, people in the West (Scratch that, people in general) don't like losing their most prized possession to some poncy git in fancy armour, but that doesn't usually stop them from betting their possession they don't want to lose anyway. So thanks to one mans arrogance, stupidity or both, Storm destroyed the group in little time, having an AI that can predict the odds with 99% accuracy certainly helps.

"Hit me."
"21"
"YES!"

Storm grinned and reached for the violin case, its previous owner now devastated. As he slumped into his chair however, he could swear he was hearing something from the man's armor, sounded like a second voice, but slightly distorted..... " "I KNEW IT!" The man threw the table at Storm, pulling out his piston to aim at his head.

Shara rolled her eyes at this "Just let it go Cassidy, the boy beat you fair and square"

"No he didn't!" The man shouted, getting more and more enraged, "This asshole has a geist in his armour, telling him the next cards, HE'S A NO GOOD CHEAT!"

[HEADING=1]"CHEAT!!"[/HEADING]​

The bargoers then erupted in angry confusion as they all pulled out their weapons. Firearms were cocked, blades unsheathed, spells began to be prepared, everyone had an attack pointed at everyone else.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Slindis, Pandora, Esia, Rugal, Storm, TXD

"I know. And I will, Hence why I said he wouldn't be an issue again..." Rugal corrected Slindis, He wasn't going to let that man get anywhere near Esia.
It was around then that Storm started the next possibly violent situation by cheating to win a violin, much to the displeasure of everyone in the bar.
"...Oh, this isn't going to be annoying at all..." He sighed, already counting down to the next near gunfight
"OKAY EVERYONE! CALM DOWN! Storm, give the man back his Violin before they burn down this entire building."
It was clear that he didn't want to get into a gunfight.

bluerocker

Sep 22, 2011

Jenny

Caim's pursuit of the Gardevoir was a relaxed one, the stroll through the night being a calm reprieve from the usual battle-torn chaos from his life. Of course, on this calm night, Caim's thoughts turned to question of what he wanted to do with his life exactly. His sister was alive again, and safe! Shouldn't he be there to watch her grow and blossom into her own self? Or perhaps staying at a distance would serve her better?

The warrior continued pondering these things as he followed Jenny's smaller footsteps after the man riding the yellow bird. What was so important about the man and his bird anyways?

Slindis, Teri

Teri gave a small nod after hearing what Slindis had to say, [color=0E59E4]"Yes ma'am! I'll keep that in mind from now on... Now I suppose I need to talk to Dad too..."[/color]

As she pondered this, the two heard Fionn speak, "Sorry to barge in on the happy family, but I'd like to remind you both we have a job on our hands yes?"

Teri looked between the two with confusion, [color=0E59E4]"Do we have a job? That is, aside from fixing the Dawn?"[/color]

Saloon

As noise began to break out from the Saloon, Angelus inclined her head as she was best able to get a look inside the building; the sound of "CHEAT" being passed around the various bar goers like a mantra.

"The devil is going on in there..?"

David, Melethia, Ton Ton

David straightened out and brushed the sand from his legs. [color=9BBED5]"I really wish I knew. I was sitting in a classroom one minute, and then I was being chased out of a lady's room in a saloon."[/color] He paused. [color=9BBED5]"Now that you mention it, what exactly is this place? Where in the world am I?"[/color] While looking at his surroundings he caught sight of his books. They had fallen out of his bag again and were sitting in a heap beside Melethia. He let out an annoyed groan. [color=9BBED5]"Damn it! Not again..."[/color]

Ton Ton listened carefully to David's story and wondered aloud, [color=15650D]"Classroom...? You must have fallen into a portal here. I can tell you from experience, inter-dimensional travel tends to be a fickle and finicky science at best. But as Ms. Melethia says, this town is known as Gunsmoke. What this dimension is..? I don't know, I think Ms. Angelus mentioned something about it being an alternate version of Earth. Then again, aren't all the dimensions we land in 'Earth'?"[/color]

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Storm-178 (and
Code:
Alpha
).
Time: ?
When the guns, swords and spells were pointed at each other it hit Storm that this was not the cliche cowboy town he knew from the movies. "Alpha, stay silent for a bit." Storm said quietly inside his helmet as he looked to the guy with the gun pointed at his head. "Hmm ... I hope you have a laser cannon in that pistol or that ain't going to do nothing. Though I would hate for there to be a gunfight and death in the streets, the true thing to do in this situation is a good ol' western one V one ..."

[HEADING=1]DUEL![/HEADING]

Storm yelled out as he got up quickly, the spartan easily much more taller then most people in this bar. It was true that he did use Alpha a bit to 'help' him in a card game, though Storm could not take it that this man might butcher classical music with that violin which could be in better (And cleaner) hands. "If you win you keep the violin and this gun ..." Storm said as he flashed one of his two cherished and futuristic handguns. "If I win I get to keep the violin ... and not pay your medical bill." Storm smiled underneath his helmet since he knew this man did not stand a chance against a superhuman.

Quickly looking to Rugal, the previous rich guy felt killing intent piercing him. "I take no orders from a villain! Specially those that hurt my closest friends!" Storm spat out, Rugal was only going to make it worse. The Spartan looked back to the angry cowboy. "How about it little man, feeling lucky?" Storm said in a very climatic tone, Storm had not planned on breaking bones of this man ... though Rugal might have changed that.

Moros

Nuclear Zombie
Jan 25, 2010
Gunsmoke: Saloon

While watching the two argue about the violin, Matt came up with an idea. "You know there's a better way of doing this instead of watching an execution. How about a game of chance? I have four standard dice. You two pick to different numbers between 4 and 24 then I roll the dice. Highest without going over wins. Best 2 out of 3 wins the violin. Anyone caught cheating will either automatically lose the round if it's one of the two playing or punched in the face if your not. What do you guys say?" Matt asked the two. Frankly he was only doing this because it would be more fun to watch.

Kalastryn

What is "normal?" Sounds dumb.
Legacy
Dec 18, 2012
Country
United States of America
StormShaun said:
Observing the scene before her, Pandora takes a deep breath and sighs. "Whether or not the gentleman here cheated, it's your own fault, and the fault of no one else that you lost it. You risked a prized possession on a game of chance... and if he wasn't dealing the cards, how did he cheat? I could tell you any time I wanted to pick out a card, that wouldn't mean I was correct. Neither I nor anyone else who could have told him to draw *knew* what was next... they just put up their best guess. If you want to blame anyone for losing your violin, blame yourself for betting it!" she says to the enraged cowboy.

"and if you'd like a rematch... why not do something there is no way to cheat at, like a game of rock paper scissors, where both players are in complete control of what they throw, but there's no chance to sneak a look at the result."

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009

Gunsmoke: Saloon

"and if you'd like a rematch... why not do something there is no way to cheat at, like a game of rock paper scissors, where both players are in complete control of what they throw, but there's no chance to sneak a look at the result." [/quote]

The cowboy nodded his head a little, "A little on the condescending side girl, but you do have a point. I could see a game with a more random chance working, one he can't abuse with that voice in that tin can of a suit"

"You know there's a better way of doing this instead of watching an execution. How about a game of chance? I have four standard dice. You two pick to different numbers between 4 and 24 then I roll the dice. Highest without going over wins. Best 2 out of 3 wins the violin. Anyone caught cheating will either automatically lose the round if it's one of the two playing or punched in the face if your not. What do you guys say?"

The cowboy could sense the boredom from Matt at the idea of a duel. The idea of a standoff with this kid did weary him, and this idea sounded agreeable. "Yeah, I don't want to watch this kid die either, he has so much ahead of him." Unbeknownst to Storm, this man was a veteran of several conflicts, he was quite experienced with fighting opponents of the super-soldier's caliber. He eased his grip on his pistol and pointed it away from Storm's head. "So what say you then? Willing to make another wager? Or are you afraid of taking an actual risk?"

Daft Sikes

Jun 10, 2010

Melethia, Ton Ton, David

David took the bag from Melethia with a frown. He is not particularly pleased with the nickname that she gave him.

[color=9BBED5]"Thank you, and please don't call me that. Anyway, interdimensional travel? Alternate Earth? Gunsmoke?"[/color] He snickered as he put the bag on over his shoulder and tightened the straps to avoid dropping it again. [color=9BBED5]"Sounds incredibly ridiculous, but I suppose I shouldn't be saying that at all. My world does have it's fair share of oddities."[/color]

bluecrimson

No soffidx.
Sep 8, 2010

Slindis, Teri

Slindis nodded as the commotion inside went to a level she was fairly familiar with. [color=c20000]"Well, this town does have some issues from the sounds of it, but we'll have to begin focusing on how we'll tackle it tomorrow. There's a big difference between passion and recklessness, and we can't do anything about it at this moment."[/color]

She helped Teri up them motioned to the door of the Saloon. [color=c20000]"If you wish to talk to Rugal with me there, he's at the counter. It's your choice, after all, but I've got the feeling he'll be a bit calmer about it now."[/color]

Saloon

Slindis walked inside to see the tense state, and from looking at the scene, it was easy enough to guess that the Spartan had gotten himself into some hot water, and Slindis wouldn't provide help where it wasn't wanted.

David, Melethia, Ton Ton

Melethia shrugged as she started walking around the town with the two. "No problem, Sackman! Anyway, this place isn't really that bad. Better than some place where you carry a small library around all the time. 'Sides, that get-up right there just looks really uncomfortable."

mcpop9

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2010
StormShaun said:
Saloon

"DUEL!" Called out storm.

In the past five minutes, that word had changed meaning to her. It went from "getting hurt more" to a word the drove up anger and hate.
Esia stood up and walked across the bar, flames in her eyes. She gave The massive superhuman in armor a shove and actually forced him back a step, showing the girl was stronger than she let on. "If i ever... EVER hear anyone say duel, i will personally mutilate them by ripping their arm off and shoving it up their ASS!" she shouted in rage, tears still pouring down her face.

Storming off the the bar, she looked at the owner. "Give me the heaviest fucking thing you've got in the place..." she said, trying to keep her head on. She didn't know how she was going to pay for it, but maybe a free one out of pity would work, after that display with soul and all.