The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Kalastryn

What is "normal?" Sounds dumb.
Legacy
Dec 18, 2012
Country
United States of America
Ninjamedic said:
It seems however, that her answers would have to wait until they arrived at the sheriff's department. While a couple different things had made her panic moments ago, she regained as much posture as she could in that span of time before attempting to follow them, feeling safer in part to not feeling any hostility towards her, and that there is now an authority involved that she hadn't seen before. Besides, she's as interested in hearing their side of the tale as she assumes the sheriff is.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Gunsmoke: Inn

Rugal

After Slindis forked over the cash for the room, Rugal spent a while in front of the window, watching the people below walk by.
However, thanks to his recent disability, all could make out were the large colored blobs of their energy fields.
Taking his mind off this, he focused on the packages that Teri gave him, resealing the one he had opened before packing all 3 of them into a bag and sealing it tight.
There was no telling how long they were going to be here and those suits would have to last him until they got home, he had to get as much mileage from each one as possible.

Once he was done, He pulled along the chair by the desk over to the window and kept watching the people below, hoping to fine tune his sense abilities so he could make out something other the colorful blobs.

Gunsmoke: Sheriff's Office

Jenny, David

Jenny was confused by the Sheriff's reaction, namely how he didn't seem to be arresting them after all that happened, even if the gang they killed were breaking the law, they still more or less wreaked the place.
"Well...Here hoping it was worth it, eh boy?..." She said to the Chocobo before the pair of them headed off.
To calm her nerves, she began wondering what to call him.
...What about Cid?...

David meanwhile was shaking his head as they entered the Sheriff's office, "14 dead for a massive chicken...What a world..." He sighed as he took a seat, propping his feet on the desk.
"So...How much is bail?..."

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009

Jenny, David, Angelus, Melethia, Pandora

"So...How much is bail?..."

"Didn't you all hear me before?" He looked at the group, they were all bewildered at what was going on. He sighed, knowing this was going to be a long night for him, then clarified the situation "You're not under arrest, alright? I asked you here as I need your help. Or more accurately, we need your help. I'm guessing this isn't you're first time dealing with unpleasant individuals yes?" He rested his feet on the table for a moment as he waited for a response, he wanted to be absolutely sure he could trust them, he could sense their alignments at least.

Noticing Angelus's 'issue' with entering the building, he sighed again and opened one of the windows, allowing Angelus to poke her head in. "I'm sorry about the lack of accommodation for non-humanoids, as you can see, we don't get that much funding."

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009

Jenny, West, Angelus, Melethia, Pandora

"...Unpleasant as in the guy who owes you $50 or Unpleasant as in some horrible asshole who wants to watch the world burn along with everything in it?" West bluntly asked, Jenny following up with "Well, I like to think I speak for everyone here when I say we are interested in doing good..."
"To be honest, This time "Not being our first" is a kind of understatement. You could do a lot worse than us." West added, starting to get back into his roleplay as a real bounty hunter style badass.

bluecrimson

No soffidx.
Sep 8, 2010

Slindis, Rugal

Slindis glanced over at Rugal as he watched the others walk by. [color=c20000]"Rugal, don't you think you should get some rest? Tomorrow's going to be a busy day, after all."[/color]

Gunsmoke: Other Building

Melethia looked over at Pandora as they walked to the Sheriff's Office and shrugged. "Well, they were tryin' to attack one of us, so we had ta back her up. 'Sides, she's pretty nice!" It was clear from the way the Wolf stuck next to the young elf that the two were familiar, but it wasn't long before they got to the Office.

"So, what do ya need to hear? If ya want to yell at us for makin' sure our friend wasn't killed by them, Not really interested. Do ya need me to call my mom over? Trust me, they were nothin'." Melethia didn't know it, but Lupito was telling SLindis what had happened through the mental link.

Slindis, Rugal

It was at that exact same time where Slindis got the bessage, and she started stretching. [color=c20000]"Rugal, I need to head out for a moment. It seems that Melethia was caught up in a small incident, and she drew the attention of the local watch."[/color] She ensured everything in the room was safe as she prepared to head out.

Kalastryn

Legacy
Dec 18, 2012
Country
United States of America
Diablo1099 said:
watching and listening from the window, she breathes a sigh of relief she didn't simply run into slaughtering lunatics. She's always thought of joining such a group of "heroes." Back home though there wasn't a lot of situations where that would be possible. She was stuck with someone who wouldn't go against any of the pokemon thieves in any area if they stole her most valuable possession. Lost a couple members of her former team that way, but the b**ch who "owned" them just caught another of each of them, not caring at all... all were disposable to the former inhabitant of the body she now controls...

But with that all behind her, and perhaps a bit of opportunity coming her way... she is beginning to entertain the thought more-so than before. Still though, this wouldn't be exactly the time to ask... or would it?

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009

Slindis, Rugal

"All in Due time. Just getting some training in before I retire for the night." Rugal said as he seemed to be squinting.
[color=c00000]"And this training is?"[/color]
"Seeing. In a manner of speaking anyway. Back before I lost my vision, I could pick up on other Energy Fields, like yours. Now, It's the closest I have to eyesight and even then, it's just a mess of strange colors floating about..." He answered before breaking off his focus to take a drink of water, this required a lot of concentration to use for periods longer than a few minutes at a time.
It was then that she got the message about Melethia.
[color=c00000]"Rugal, I need to head out for a moment. It seems that Melethia was caught up in a small incident, and she drew the attention of the local watch."[/color]
"Leave her out of sight for more than a minute, eh? Go on. I'll hold the fort here." He smirked, feeling sorry for the poor bastard that messed with her.

bluerocker

Queen of Cockblocking and Misery
Sep 22, 2011

Jenny, David, Angelus, Melethia, Pandora

Noticing Angelus's 'issue' with entering the building, he sighed again and opened one of the windows, allowing Angelus to poke her head in. "I'm sorry about the lack of accommodation for non-humanoids, as you can see, we don't get that much funding."

Angelus chuckled heartily, "This wouldn't be the first time... However, give me a moment."

The dragon moved out of view, and after a minute passed, a blonde woman clad in red wandered into the building; "So, officer, you were saying about needing our aid? I happen to have a swordsman at my beck and call who would be willing to help, so long as he has adequate motivation. However, I do not foresee that being difficult."

Gunsmoke: Outskirts, Campfire

Teri gave a small nod, and Devon could see that the worries that she had a few moments ago seemed to have faded away for the most part. In fact, she looked pretty relaxed. After dismounting Garm, she wandered back to Lucifer's side and sat, [color=0E59E4]"Oh, nothing big. Mum mentioned that we've been called up for some kind of job, and that we should get some rest. I figured I could pass that along."[/color]

With a bit of a sly grin, she moved back into the comfortable position she was in moments before being called away, and muttered, [color=0E59E4]"She never said where I needed to get some rest...."[/color]

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009

"So, what do ya need to hear? If ya want to yell at us for makin' sure our friend wasn't killed by them, Not really interested. Do ya need me to call my mom over? Trust me, they were nothin'."

"On the contrary Madame" He smirked as he pressed a button on hit table. "I wish to offer you a job." A gap in the floor appeared, with blocks moving apart to reveal a staircase. "Please, come with me. Jenny can assure you all I possess no Malicious intent." He then stood up and walked down the staircase. What was awaiting for them, none of them could predict. It was bizarre enough to be unexpected, yet just believable enough to be not predicted by the group at this point.

As the group descended the flight, an entire hidden complex was waiting for them. To the right was a foundry, with engineers, enchanters and master craftsmen all working on what appeared to be weapons James Bond would use if he was a Paladin and Gunslinger.

On the left was a laboratory, with alchemists, Wizards and scientists all collaborating on different projects. One that stood out was a Golem with the anatomy of an assassin, currently being fitted with a deploy-able Gatling Gun. As the group continued to follow Orlandu, they also saw a training area where operatives were practicing what looked to be every imaginable combat style (not all at once of course).

Having lead them to to a desk in the center of the office, Orlandu then explained himself. "I know you all have done this dance before, so I'll be blunt. We are an order called The Lightbringers. We do what you all do, only with more stealth and less needless killing. Now, the reason I've call you here is to deal with this man."

He threw a dossier to the table, detailing their target. "Dean Solitaire, Owner of the Luas Lasrach Rail Company. He and several other business he has funded have been linked to different conspiracies and incidents of corruption, but each Vigilante that has tried to bring him down has been killed. Some of our best couldn't even touch him. But that's where you all come in."

He stopped the exposition for a moment, letting this info all sink in.

Kalastryn

Legacy
Dec 18, 2012
Country
United States of America
Ninjamedic said:
Pandora was at the back of the group when the stairs opened up, blending rather seamlessly with the group to any of the other people they walked past. This was due in part to actually NOT being sneaky, she just walked at the back of the group the Sheriff was leading down with him, with such distance she wasn't immediately noticed, but close enough to seem to be part of the whole. She was with the rising dawn crew when it came to taking this job... whether or not an actual member of the crew, she did want to help, despite the fact she's probably not intended to be hearing, or seeing, what she currently is. Besides, what she often did to team rocket after escaping her "prison" for good wasn't too different. Taking down criminals in general at least didn't seem too different... but then again with the technology and magic she was witnessing, she couldn't be certain that criminals she assumed managed to trump *this* would be as easy as scatterbrained pet-nappers.

bluecrimson

No soffidx.
Sep 8, 2010

Melethia eyed up the people in there, particularly the craftsmen. [color=c20000]"So, ya need us to take him out? Ya gotta find that way in, cripple his resources. Goin' in while he's ready is stupid. Or, ya could try an' catch him off guard an' hit him when he doesn't expect it. Ya still need that way in, but now ya just have to worry about findin' those holes an' workin your way in."[/color]

The girl pulled out a small purple dagger and started juggling it, thinking it out. "Well, what way are ya gonna go with this? If you're after the resources, the fuel for those trains is right where I'd start. If ya wanna go that way, I know a few more people that could help there." Melethia motioned to Pandora, getting a good feeling about her.

Gunsmoke: Streets

As Slindis made her way through the streets, she nearly ran down a young man - student, from the looks of it. Judging from the fact that she hadn't gotten any more messages from Lupito, it hadn't become too bad, so she was able to help the human before he lost his balance and fell again.

[color=c20000]"What's a child like you doing outside at this time of night? I don't know what it was like where you came from, but you stick out like a sore thumb here. How has nobody gone after you yet?"[/color]

As David collected his bearings, he looked at the Drow to see exactly who he was talking to. She wasn't exactly the kind of person regular humans would usually see around.

Gunsmoke: Outskirts, Campfire

Devon shrugged as he stayed near Ella. "You sure you don't want to head back to town? Slindis might get worried about you, after all."

Moros

Nuclear Zombie
Jan 25, 2010
Gunsmoke: Outskirts

Matt walked up to the group around the campfire and introduced himself. "The name's Matt Hargreave. I'm just stopping by to see who guys are before I head to the ship to get some sleep," Matt said to them.

Daft Sikes

Jun 10, 2010

Slindis, David A.

As Slindis made her way through the streets, she nearly ran down a young man - student, from the looks of it. Judging from the fact that she hadn't gotten any more messages from Lupito, it hadn't become too bad, so she was able to help the human before he lost his balance and fell again.

[color=c20000]"What's a child like you doing outside at this time of night? I don't know what it was like where you came from, but you stick out like a sore thumb here. How has nobody gone after you yet?"[/color]

As David collected his bearings, he looked at the Drow to see exactly who he was talking to. She wasn't exactly the kind of person regular humans would usually see around. After a few seconds, he recognized her as being the one who fixed his arm back at the saloon. He adjusted his glasses and shrugged.

[color=9BBED5]"I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm not trying to look for any trouble, or maybe I'm just lucky. As for why I'm out here in the first place, I was just looking for this."[/color]

The student presented a small throwing knife to the Drow, it's blade somewhat blackened because of an explosion. He sent the knife back to it's sheathe in a single, practiced movement. [color=9BBED5]"I'm also trying to find a place to sleep. Can't very well pay to sleep in an inn, seeing that this is an alternate universe, and I highly doubt that they'll accept any of my world's currency.[/color] David thought about this for a moment, putting a hand to his chin. [color=9BBED5]"Hmm... Maybe I can crawl into a crate or something."[/color]

bluecrimson

No soffidx.
Sep 8, 2010

Devon took a look at the man and waved, looking a bit out of place himself in his pale green suit. "If you're doing that, why not head to town? Also, just curious, but a ship? Not too many adventurers head around here with ships, what with how they're really expensive to keep up and all." It was odd for this man to be talking about a ship, and with how it had landed outside of town a good mile away or so in the mountains, none of those townspeople should have known about it.

It was time to keep calm, act surprised, and find out where the guy came from.

Slindis, David A.

Slindis wasn't all too sure on the man's answer, but it was clear that he still wasn't all too clear on the area. [color=c20000]"If it's a room you're looking for, I can get you one for the night. If you stay out on the street, there are people that would rob you blind in a heartbeat. Don't worry about the cost: if you really feel the need to repay me, I'm certain we can work something out. Do you accept? It's a lonely town to be without anyone to help you out."[/color] Her tone, although a bit stern, was more of a concerned teacher than someone looking for an advantage.

Daft Sikes

Jun 10, 2010

Slindis, David A.

David pondered her offer for a moment, before nodding. It would not only be rude to decline, but it would also be downright suicidal. It's certainly better than having to deal with the cold winds and the possibility of getting mugged and killed. He is in a new world. It would be in his best interest to make friends here if he hopes to survive.

[color=9BBED5]"I accept. It's certainly much easier than trying to find a place to sleep in the streets,"[/color] He said, a small, humble smile on his face. He gave her a bow. [color=9BBED5]"You helped me twice now, and for that, I am grateful. I promise that I will find a way to repay you for your kindness."[/color]

He straightened up, pushing his glasses back up the ridge of his nose, looking much more composed than usual, and introduced himself, the way he was taught by his parents, to the Drow. [color=9BBED5]"My name is David Scryer Ashworth, son of Fredrick and Myra Ashworth, and sole heir to the Ashworth family estate. It is a pleasure to meet you."[/color]

Moros

Nuclear Zombie
Jan 25, 2010

"I'm not one of locals although I know the clothes say differently. This is just to blend in... and to look a little like Clint Eastwood in 'A Fistful of Dollars'. I arrived here on a ship from a different planet or dimension, no one's told me if I'm in the same universe or not," Matt tried to explain.

bluecrimson

No soffidx.
Sep 8, 2010

Slindis, David A.

Slindis nodded as she made her way to the Sheriff's office. [color=c20000]"It's good to meet you, David. I'm Slindis. I'm certain that you will be able to find a way to if you really feel the need, but don't feel rushed. For this next bit, I know it will sound blunt, but while you're here, I doubt anyone will care of your family's estate. From the way you carry yourself, you're clearly a stranger here. I'm certain that your parents put you in some form of advanced schooling, but I doubt it prepared you for something like what you'll run into here."[/color]

She paused and had a drink out of a flask from a small bag before offering it to David. [color=c20000]"My daughter's already managed to get herself in trouble here, for Tira's sake. When she can find it that quickly, there's bound to be a lot more."[/color] David had only seen one girl since he had gotten here, but it seemed odd to think this woman was the mother of her. Besides the lack of an age difference, there was also the fact that neither the skin, hair, nor eyes matched between the two.

Devon held Ella as she fell asleep and took a closer look at Matt. "If you don't mind me asking, what was the name of the ship we're talking about? It would be a bit nice to find one so we could head back east and to the cities there, and I'm sure I could scrounge up some money that way."

Daft Sikes

Jun 10, 2010

Slindis, David A.

David put up a hand and shook his head, politely declining the drink. He stepped at roughly the same pace as Slindis, following her to her destination. [color=9BBED5]"I know. I probably sounded fairly grandiose in the way I introduced myself. But that's just how I was taught. " To emphasize the importance of the Ashworth family name," and all of that meaningless drivel."[/color] David spoke those words in a deep, yet refined voice, no doubt imitating his father. He sounded fairly bitter. He pulled out the amulet from his shirt, looking at it with a scowl. The crystal in it's center twinkled beautifully in the moonlight.

[color=9BBED5]"My parents... My mom and dad are quite proud of our heritage. Though to be quite frank, I don't give a damn about it. It caused me nothing but trouble, so why should I?"[/color] David slipped the amulet back beneath his shirt, and placed his hands in his pant pockets. [color=9BBED5]"Anyway, are you referring to that young elf? The one with the penchant for nicknames? Melethia, I believe her name was. Is she your adopted daughter?"[/color]

bluecrimson

No soffidx.
Sep 8, 2010

Slindis, David A.

Slindis put the flask back in her bag and talked to David a bit more as they got near the Sheriff's office. [color=c20000]"Honestly, a family name only holds as much importance as you want it to. It doesn't suddenly make a person any better or worse just because of it."[/color] Although Slindis held a calm face extremely well, the way she talked told David that the Drow may be speaking from experience.

[color=c20000]"Yes, Melethia is my daughter in name if not by birth. I already know that you may find it odd that she wasn't with me, but when she wants to get somewhere, she gets there. I doubt even Kundarak could have made somewhere safe from her."[/color] Although Slindis put a hand to her face, there was the slight hint of pride in her voice. By this point, they were close to both the inn and the Sheriff's office.

Moros

Nuclear Zombie
Jan 25, 2010

"Rising Dawn, though I don't think it'll be going anywhere soon since it kinda crashed. Got a steak knife to the chest when that happened. I'm really thankful to the girl that used her magic to heal me. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to go get some shut eye," Matt said before continuing his walk to the ship.