The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

bluecrimson

No soffidx.
Sep 8, 2010
Gunsmoke: Outskirts

Devon thought to himself on hearing that information, then remembered that there was a good 29 imps guarding the ship right now. If the man was truly from the ship, he'd easily get in there due to the Imps recognizing him. If not, well, they'd already locked the ship down for repairs.

"Take care, because it's going to be a while until that ship flies again. Took one hell of a beating in the crash, it did."

bluerocker

Queen of Cockblocking and Misery
Sep 22, 2011

"Rising Dawn, though I don't think it'll be going anywhere soon since it kinda crashed. Got a steak knife to the chest when that happened. I'm really thankful to the girl that used her magic to heal me. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to go get some shut eye,"

Teri perked up at the mention of her, and her eyes lite up with recognition, [color=0E59E4]"Oh! Yeah, Devon, I've seen him on board the Dawn. Like he said, he had a knife sticking out of him... Good to see you doing alright, sir!"[/color]

She gave Matt a wave as she disappeared, and rubbed the back of her head sheepishly, [color=0E59E4]"Sorry I didn't mention it sooner. I guess that talk with Mum and Dad took a bit out of me... Which now reminds me of something else."[/color]

Following that, she gave 411 about the Termi-Dillon being out and about, and concluded with, [color=0E59E4]"I don't know what he want's but I'd still keep an eye out. I remember him being a royal pain in earlier arcs, back when I was still writing, and he's got his unpredictability as a surprise.... Now, shall we make our way back into town? Knowing Mum, she's probably worked something out while I was gone."[/color]

Lightbringer Base

Angelus crossed her arms and gave a smirk, "Sounds right up my alley. So, what's the plan?"

As she said this, she gave Caim a silent feed as to what was going on. For the most part, he seemed interested as well, but was curious about what would become of the children while they were off.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Gunsmoke: Sheriff's Office

West, Jenny

"....Only us could burn out a butchers and end up getting recruited by a underground spy agency in a 1800's western town..." West sighed at the madness of it all as he walked into the forge and started checking out some of the weapons they had, namely a large wooden sniper rifle.
"...Okay, I like to consider myself an kinda expert on guns and this looks like a awesome fucking gun. Got a name?"
"We call it the Skullmasher. It's designed to break through armor wearing targets." One of the engineers said as West got a feel for the weapon.
"I see...May I?" He asked before taking aim at one of the test dummies.
He fired, the kickback knocking him down as the dummy's head was completely taken off, as well as everything up above the waist.
"Jesus! This a Sniper or a Shotgun!?"
"Both. Each bullet is made up of 6 pellets which all hit the target with the force of a single Rifle round each. It's for targets smart enough to cover their heads to avoid having it taken off. Still getting the spread set right though..." He explained as he helped West up.
"...Extra Strong Lead Aspirin." He said as he handed it back, dusting himself off.
Heh, Lead Aspirin...

Jenny meanwhile was watching the Lightbringers train as Orlandu explained the target, It was like the Striders but undergound.
"Wait...You want us to kill him? I'm sorry sir, but the Rising Dawn are NOT contract assassins!" She said, clearly offended as she took a seat by the side and crossed her arms.

Wests reaction to Orlandu was much the same.
"I'm with J on this one. I mean, You have a mission to do, we ain't going to stop you, but we aren't in the business of randomly killing people just because we're told to do so. Tell me, What kind of conspiracies are we talking about? Bribery? Stealing land?..." He asked as he fiddled around with a golden ball point pen, clicking it over and over.
"Huh...Didn't think these were invented yet..."

Kalastryn

What is "normal?" Sounds dumb.
Legacy
Dec 18, 2012
Country
United States of America
Ninjamedic said:
He stopped the exposition for a moment, letting this info all sink in.
Pandora finally makes her presence known after Mele seems to have noticed... color her a little surprised a 12 year old has sharper eyes than the technicians. "Hmm, you could count me in either way, but I take it if you have all these cool spells and gear, and your best couldn't touch him, he's no ordinary street thug. I've dealt with plenty of unpleasant types... and I've spent most of my life fighting other people's battles for them. So. I've decided I'll try dipping slightly back into that habit, but I want to know everything there is to know about what we face first. Please, continue"

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
Gunsmoke: Streets

Slindis, David A.

As Slindis and David A. walked towards the Sheriff's office, Rugal watched on from his window, straining to use his sense to make them out beyond their fields.
His attempts to fine tune his Energy Sensing Skills were not going well, he couldn't make out of the most basic of features on the people walking by.

He was however able to make out the small group in the distance of Devon, Teri, Lucifer, Ella and Matt, the 2 authors standing out from the others.
Looks like they have a kind of campfire...Wonder if they'll stay out there or use the rooms Slin bought... He thought before he broke his focus from the constant straining.
"Christ, it's like Eyesight Constipation..."

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Gunsmoke: Sheriff's Office/Lightbringer Base

"Well, what way are ya gonna go with this? If you're after the resources, the fuel for those trains is right where I'd start. If ya wanna go that way, I know a few more people that could help there."

"See that's part of the problem. We already tried it, it didn't work. As I said, every attempt at uncovering this man's activities to the public or neutralising him as a threat has been stopped. Whatever he has up his sleeves, it's good enough to predict any move we can make and counter it. However, that's where you all come in." He sat back down, looking across the whole group.

"I'm guessing you're from another world or realm, yes?" He could see the group were not from anywhere he knew. Their outfits, equipment and mannerisms were all either unknown to him, or too anachronistic to be from here. "And that's what will give you an advantage, you're all a complete unknown here they won't be expecting you at all."

"Wait...You want us to kill him? I'm sorry sir, but the Rising Dawn are NOT contract assassins!"

"Did I say you had to kill him? We want you to uncover his plans, prove he's responsible for these strings of deaths, anything to stop them." As he clarified his stance, he spotted David playing with the golden pen. He grabbed Davids hand, took the pen back, and clicked it three more times. "A demonstration will be in order for that." He placed the pen on the desk before adressing David's question "From what we can tell, they've been engaging in criminal activities to eliminate competition with their businesses. Murdered crime bosses, blackmailed business owners, the list goes on. Nothing we couldn't handle, but then...."

He reached into the desk again, this time retrieving a dossier of murder cases in the past 5 years, "A pattern began to emerge, Academy Arch-Mages, Elite Bounty Hunters, legendary Adventurers, all started turning up dead by different and random causes. Only recently have we found out they were somehow involved or interacted with Solitaire in some manner. The company's influence with the government is so that they can prevent any official investigation into their affairs. We want him brought to justice, and any plans they have stopped."

He responded to Pandora "We honestly don;t know what the extent of his power is, no one has ever gotten close enough to him to uncover anything and lived to pass the information on."

bluecrimson

No soffidx.
Sep 8, 2010

Melethia nodded. "Well, yeah, it'd be kinda hard for them to know us. It also sounds pretty exciting, too. On a side note, mind if I take a look at that weapon mister West has there?" Without really waiting for an answer, she looked it over and began disassembling it to see how it worked., eventually focusing on the inside of the barrel.

Devon picked up the now sleeping Ella and nodded, having put the guitar into the Bag of Holding Slindis had given him. "Well, he should have no problem getting onboard the ship, then. Those imps are smart enough to recognize a crew member, after all. And thanks for the heads up on that TermiDillon. Don't know who he is, but I'm going to trust your judgement on this one."

A gust of wind was produced to snuff out the fire and he gave an affirmation at Slindis getting things ready for them. "I'd be surprised if she didn't get things ready, honestly. She probably knows all too well how valuable a good night's sleep is, and judging from that payout I got from her earlier from that performance, she probably has a good bit of cash to her name even if she keeps it on the down low." THat statement reminded Teri that Slindis did come from a form of DnD, and from what Slindis could do, she had to be a high-level person there.

Kalastryn

What is "normal?" Sounds dumb.
Legacy
Dec 18, 2012
Country
United States of America
Ninjamedic said:
"so he's without any doubt a dangerous man? Damn, guess I have my hands full with this one, at least I might not have to get into a direct combat situation with him. Because I'll be honest, the most unpleasant individuals I came across were the heads of 2 criminal organizations...but they had animals do their fighting for them. scratch that, the MOST unpleasant individual I've come across is who used to use this body. Anyway... I take it he'll be good with guns, I'm not a terrible marksman myself, but It doesn't sound like getting in a gunfight with him is a good idea." Then she yawns... her itching sensation of finding trouble went away... for now... mainly because she seems to have found it. "And I was hoping for a peaceful vacation... *sigh*

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009

West flicked through the files, seeing the names and faces of at least 40 badasses that made Clint Eastwood look soft.
"...Quite the bodycount...Eh, I guess we're not doing anything. We could check him out." He said as Melethia checked out the Skullmasher Sniper.
He then stared at Pandora after her statement and Jokingly asked "What is this "Vacation" you speak of?..."
"Well...seeing how you're not arresting us, I say we're in."

Jenny had a turn though the files as well, some of these people were very skilled.
"...Well...I guess if I can get close, I can check his mind for any mention of this plot you suspect, Then it's just a matter of ending it." She said, hoping this would be a simple job.

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
As the young man walked past the butcher shop incident he decided not to stop and watch. The town of Gunsmoke was nice and quiet give or take three or four months ago, but recently not so much. But after being hard boiled from past exploits and adventures, he really didn't even flinch or look over his shoulder when shots rang out.

After getting the equipment he needed from town the young man, decided to go to the in for a drink, leaving the heavy plow blade and box of miscellaneous trinkets on the street, any goon who saw the young man carrying that box wasn't going to touch it, the scarecrow on his farm didn't just scare crows. Upon entering the bar the young man noticed a women outside the bar, whom didn't look like she was from a round here.

Walking into the smokey bar of the inn, the young man noticed new faces, and one unusually familiar face among them... Paying no heed to his instincts the young man signaled the barkeep.

"Aye, the finest scum you can poor into a glass" the young man smiled as the barkeep gave him the usual.

"Shoodn't ye be headin hume tu yer missus thar Justin?"

"I kennit I should... But you set your watch and warrant on it I'll be getting hell when I get home but not before I get a drink!" Sucking back the fowl brew he looked around the saloon turning on the hcair to look at the entirety of the hall, pushing the brim of his hat up to reveal his face.

mcpop9

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2010
Esia saw the man and walked into the bar after him. Something struck her as odd about him, she couldn't put her tongue on it. As he turned around to look around, he came face to face with the girl. She was staring at him, rather rudely, but she really didn't know any social norms to not do this.

"You seem familiar... Like i've seen you somewhere else..." she said and thought back. She though back to rummaging through the offices at aperture when her master... no... her former master let her have a few minutes of free time. Thats when it struck her.

"THAT'S IT! I saw your face on a picture frame back at the base! Millardo mentioned something about your name.... but i can't remember what it was..." she said, digging through her mind once again.

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
Justin raised his eyebrow as the girl in front of him began to stammer and rant about knowing his face.

"THAT'S IT! I saw your face on a picture frame back at the base! Millardo mentioned something about your name.... but i can't remember what it was..." After she exclaimed Justin knew it was now time to have her tone it down, other patrons were beginning to look, and it was the one's he didn't know that made his skin almost literally crawl.

"Missy, I may just have one of those faces!" he said putting his arm on the girls shoulder and steering her to sit down on the bar stool next to him. "Aye now were ye be from milady?" he said in a quiet tone, hoping the young women would follow suit.

mcpop9

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2010
"well, from some guy's card, but i work for aperture." She said in a lower tone. "In some of my free time, i managed to get digging around the offices and found a picture frame with a picture of you and a woman standing there. You looked like a couple. I've seen that picture and i know it's you. I just can't remember your name for the life of me..." she said and appeared rather sad at the idea.

"I remember you and that woman used to be the CEO's." Esia said in an extremely hushed tone, only lou enough so he could just hear it.

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
Upon hearing the name of his hold company Justin's body began to crawl and an old hunger came rising to the surface.

"Aperture is still standing hmm?" knowing he no longer needed the accent he threw out the window his 'kennit, ya, and aye' "Why is an agent of Aperture here? What does Aperture Science want with Gunsmoke?" his questions quickly were turning into an interrogation on the poor girl, and the intensity in his voice was clearly heard. Reaching into his pocket he pulled out a silver disk with a blue button, pressing it it changed to red, and he casually slipped it back in its pocket.

The device was like a dog whistle for AI's sending out a pulse that had one message.

Danger

mcpop9

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2010
"Well my master... former master worked for aperture and by default i worked for him. I plan on sticking with the company because the one running it seems nice enough. In the end, i was dragged here and don't really know what's going on. If you'd like to know more about the current version of Aperture, i'll gladly fill you in." she said and took a deep breath, thinking back, past the pain to try and remember the place.

"But i'm not really here for anything or in this place, "gunsmoke" for any reason. the entire ship was sucked through a portal and crashed here. I think it was called the Rising Dawn or something." she said, trying to just be truthful.

bluerocker

Queen of Cockblocking and Misery
Sep 22, 2011

Angelus nodded grimly as the dossiers were looked over, "Hmn.. Almost reminds an Empire I dealt with... This should be doable."

As she continued listening to their job description and various other bits of information, Angelus continued her communique to Caim,

However, I'd rather our little ones stay out of this, Caim... Perhaps we could have one of Authors look after them? If Devon is swamped, then Teri certainly could..."

"...Devon's done enough for us. Well, perhaps I can ask Ton Ton and Cadolbolg to train with him? That might keep them in check while we're gone..."

"That's actually quite brilliant. Ton Ton could keep the both of them under pressure in a training situation... I trust your judgement."

Teri gave a nod in Devon's direction, and reached out a hand for Lucifer's, [color=0E59E4]"You got a good point there. Mum is always one to be prepared. Garm, up and at em!"[/color]

The wolf didn't need telling twice as the party made their way into town again and took up the duty of scouting ahead. His black fur made him blend rather well in the night, and were it not for the white patch of fur on his chest, he'd be almost invisible.

As they wandered, Dimitri's voice arose quietly from the Tablet, [color=3897E0]
Code:
"Madam, I hate to interrupt, but I am receiving a distress signal from the Tavern, which I find very strange, as I do not recall User: Storm from using this signal at all... Shall I investigate?"
[/color]

Teri frowned, [color=0E59E4]"Keep an eye on that, but make sure to keep your power use low. I don't think chargers are around here. If anything, I might have to start Authoring you charges. And I don't know how well that'll go over..."[/color]

As she pondered this, Dimitri had already begun his task of homing in on the signal, beginning to pinpoint the person in question with the offending signal...

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
Meanwhile back at the Ranch

Glados halfway through eating baked beans, bacon and potatoes dropped her spoon and stood up in shock. "Danger?! In Gunsmoke?" The Quantum AI took a few considerations. Justin doesn't give two shits about that little town, and wouldn't send her warning if the town itself was in danger. Justin had more than enough fire power built into him to take out bandits or desperadoes and she and the scarecrow would hear the gunshots. There weren't a lot of internal threats that could really oppose the trio of outsiders.

Then it's other outsiders... Glados snapped her fingers and the scarecrow materialized by her side, the seven foot tall sentinel of spikes, blades, and fear. "We've got outsiders" she said to it, the scarecrow neither moved, and its only reaction were in the dark pits where eye sockets would be two blood red lights began to shine.

At Ye' Old Gunsmoke Saloon

Justin's body tensed as he heard the young girl to his left talk about the Rising Dawn. That was the heroes ship, Ryan's ship. Heroes were here.

Justin lowered the brim of his hat again and turned around to stand up "Nah missy I needin't any thin else outta ya, but if ye excuse me missy I best be on my way." He dropped a small amount of cash on the bar and began to head to the door, hoping that the girl won't follow him. The little disk in his jacket pocket still sending out its warning.

The Scarecrow also known as the Shrike was an old Character I had, I'm going to bring him back but very diffrent.

He's a 7 foot tall metal construct that has a very passive AI which does not dwell in the body but instead transmit to it through an inter dimensional channel called "The Void Which Binds" he has four arms and his body is covered in spikes, and sharp edges, making him a hazard to touch or deal with in close range.

Where as before the Shrike was intelligent and able to think for itself its personality has been taken, the Shrike no longer talks, thinks, it moves instinctually at the commands of Glados and Justin.

Its powers have been limited down to short blink teleports, and martial attacks, being made of a strange metallic substance which can react, grow, and regenerate.

He's less of a Character than an accessory to my two Characters, but I felt a character sheet was needed none the less

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009

"Well...seeing how you're not arresting us, I say we're in."

"Well then, he is currently in Blackwater City to open a new rail line and to lobby for assistance to Rock Ridge. Gentlemen, good luck." With the mission outlined, Orlandu stood up and began walking back to the Front office to see to his Deputies. "One more thing, keep this to yourselves. If anyone else outside of you five know about this, you'll be putting you and them at risk and stand to lose your main edge against Solitaire."

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009

West, Jenny

West nodded after receiving his orders and motioned for the rest of this team to move out.
Once topside again, He said to the others "Okay, I say we all set out tomorrow. Everyone get a good night's sleep and we'll meet by the train station, might catch a train or at least follow the tracks. Now, I think Slin got a few rooms at the Inn for us. Night"
West then made his way towards the Inn.

Jenny meanwhile petted the newly christened Cid before following him.

bluecrimson

No soffidx.
Sep 8, 2010

Melethia nodded. "I won't tell anyone about this, Mister Cid! Ya might wanna talk to my Mom about some stuff if ya need help with other stuff here, 'cause she an' Wheathair are really strong!" The little girl gave the Sheriff a high-five before heading over to Jennny and the Chocobo, petting its feathers while she rode Lupito out of the Base.

The gun was left there with quite a few notes on how to improve the rifling on the Barrel to stabilze the round better, and there was an alternative idea of multiple barrels for the weapon as well, although she marked that idea off due to using up too much ammunition.

Before long, Melethia arrived back in the room with Rugal in it, and she sat on the bed next to Rugal with a grin as she thought out what she'd do next. Of course, Slindis was informed of this change by Lupito's mental link with her, allowing her to keep an eye on David Ashford.

Devon nodded as he thought of something on the way back. "Teri, if you need to, Dimitri can hang out on my Laptop. It's not quite as light as your tablet, of course, but I don't think it's ever needed a charge since... Well, since I first met up with you guys. Would that be a problem?"

Although it was a decent walk, when they eventually got on the outskirts of the town, Devon cleaned up the entire group in a few minutes through a few Prestidigations. "I know it's not much, but I thought you might want to be freshened up since I don't know how easily we'll be able to get a shower here." Although their skin tingled, they had a nice crisp scent and every part of their bodies and clothing was clean.

Devon took a bit of time to drop off Ella in a room that had been paid for by Slindis before he walked over to Teri again. "Teri, Go ahead and get some rest. I know it's probably not your first choice, but it might be a good idea if you slept with Rugal tonight."