The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

BlackHarte

the Heart of Darkness
Nov 30, 2014
[hr]
Right to Rule
Code:
rugal's story
[hr]

There were phantoms in the darkness drifting in and out of the shadows. Rugal couldn't tell if they were real or if they were fragments of his own distorted psyche. They were people that he knew. The very earth was echoing with the voices of past sins. Those who were lost to time reached out, hands grasping at him.

A dragon and her rider, the devil himself, young girls who held each other close. A shapeshifter with a broken soul. An elf with ashen skin. Two angels. A fox-woman. A man in a baseball uniform. Young creatures lost in the ancient winds. A boy and his puppet. A mage in red.

An inkling of recognition danced on the inside of Rugal's mind. These were people he had once known. People that had once known him. But their faces were washed away in the inky black.

In the master's quarters, Rugal found a single corpse propped up against the bed. His hands still clasped firmly around a small stone box. The surface was a dark rock, set with veins of green. The lock and hinges were forged from a dirty gold. It was about the size of a breadbox. It's weight left an indent in the atrophied flesh of the man holding it. The stone box was devouring the energy around it, leaving the hands of the corpse covered in thin blossoms of ice.

The man's eyes were empty, as if they had been torn out of his skull. His mouth was agape, and the toothless hole was smeared with the black of dried blood. All of the fluid was drained out of these people, all of their bones ground to dust, leaving only grey muscle and skin behind. The distinctive acrid stench of oil lingered faintly on the corpse.

Livia pointed toward the rings on the corpse's hands. "That's Marcus Aurelius," Livia said softly, "what in the world could have caused this?"

The answer was more than obvious to Rugal. He could tell now that they were in the thick of it. This wasn't some work of magic or god. This was the result of a nanite infestation.

Another bolt of lightning illuminated the room.

The shadows didn't fade. In fact they were shimmering. The rumble of thunder echoed through the empty house.

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
[hr]
Reason to Rise
Anjali's Story
[hr]

"I am not trained in teamwork, but I like to do it. And kindness ... I don't know how kind I am, but I think he liked what I did before. So I probably will be able to do this test." Anjali said before starting to eat the meat with her fingers, sharing it with Astarte. "I think this is good enough, thanks." she commented on it.

It did not take long until she had finished, what counted as her stomach not signaling wanting more. "I still feel calm, that's odd ... I think I would have been much more anxious in my former life. But now it's maybe helping me. Does this testing site have anything special to it? ? Did you do something like this before, Freya?"

[hr]
The Rising Dawn: Canteen
Mio
[hr]

Mio observed Leoric and let him ramble on for a while before chiming in: "You are no fool, Leoric. I've experienced things much more dangerous than a mere 'time loop'. You can just sit this one out, maybe drink some tea, and let things run their course. Don't you see the opportunity? You have all the time in the world! Much more than you would have otherwise!

Anyways, you'll go mad if you just continue on doing the same thing over and over again. Just chill, relax, and we can work something out. Look, your skeletons might be a bit stupid, but I am sure they can still help out."
She sat down and crossed her legs, observing Leoric all the while. "What do you even want to do? Slay me again? But why? What does that get you? What's your actual goal here? I don't have any riches on me. Just sit down, take a deep breath or whatever you do, and chill."

BlackHarte

the Heart of Darkness
Nov 30, 2014
[hr]
Reason to Rise
anjali's story
[hr]

Freya looked up from her soup. She swallowed. "No. Leland would never let me do anything as reckless as apply for an adventuring license. It's the whole reason we need you. I haven't got a single fighting bone in my body."

Vil put his fingers on the table and looked into Anjali's eyes. His eyes gleamed yellow. They were like polished gemstones set beside his old leathery skin. "Garrotte is fond of two things in nature. Sand and sunlight."

---​

The waiting room for the arena was a chilled stone chamber decorated with paintings of deeds from various valorous stories. Besides Anjali there were three other exam candidates. The first was one of the small furry creatures she had first seen when they arrived in Ionei. It was about three feet tall and resembled a rabbit. It had long flat ears that ran down from the top of it's head down it's back. Anywhere that wasn't covered in leather armor was a coat of snow-white hair. It wore two daggers at its hip like a twinblade. The next candidate was a sleepy looking boy no older than eighteen years. He wore blue robes decorated with white tribal markings. It was hard to tell what he did from his clothing, but he must have been a magic user of some sort.

The third candidate was the man from before clothed in layers of white cascading robes. He had donned a face mask that resembled the faceplate that Vil used to cover his head. Beside him was a large suit of armor that was standing slack against the wall. He moved, the chimes at the end of his robes echoed in the stone room.

He turned to look at Anjali. The carved grin on his mask made her feel uneasy. Astarte coiled around her in response. When he spoke his voice was sickeningly sweet. It was a practiced neutral tone that rang like he was singing. "You were the young girl from the Smithing Square this afternoon. What an incredible coincidence that we are in the same testing group. The way you dispatched that madman was quite commendable. It is very nice to know that there are puppeteers out there making good use of their talents."

"Puppeteers are mummers," the small rabbit adventurer spat. His voice was surprisingly deep given his size. "You two are Soul Tinkers. Don't let your fancy dolls make you so arrogant as to believe that you are like the Puppetmasters of the Age of Heroes."

"Oh," the man in white said gently, "I would never dare to be so bold. It would be the height of hubris for anyone to compare themselves to the Puppetmasters of the Crimson Congregation." There was a dangerous feeling to his words.

The small furry adventurer turned to him and grunted, "What nonsense are you talking about now, the Crimson Congregation never used puppets."

"Quite the contrary," the man in white replied. The suit of armor besides him suddenly jerked to life, infused with the soft white glow of sorcery. "There is a Relic that I have been pursuing for quite some time. I had the good fortune to see it in action at the Battle of Terenith. Though, it was not functioning at the level that I was hoping for."

The rabbit adventurer seemed to become more off-put as the white-robed man continued.

"My guild had been running some tests since then, and I personally believe that this Relic could do so much more than just direct automatons. An ancient Puppeteer's controller infused with powerful Lacrima could control a veritable army." The man chuckled underneath his mask. "Just kidding. It's a nice thought for me to hold onto though."

"You speak is poor taste," the mage finally said. He had woken from his half-nap half-meditation. His eyes glowed blue. "Why do you wear so many warding amulets when you are this deep in civilized territory."

"To shield myself from the prying eyes and ears of mind mages perhaps," the man in white answered in a sing-song voice.

The gate to the arena lurched open, throwing harsh sunlight and hot air at them. The arena was a massive closed coliseum filled with sand. An huge red lacrima hung at the highest point, casting a blinding and burning light down around the space.

There were huge black pillars jutting out of the sand in measured distances all around the arena. Garrotte was standing on top of one of them. He was grinning, the gleam of the light on his armor was nearly blinding. "Greetings candidates!" Garrotte boomed. "Most like you cannot contain yourself for your anticipation! Well wait no more, for I AM HERE!"

"Does he have to work that line into every conversation he is in?" the mind mage sighed.

"Delving unexplored areas is a dangerous vocations my intrepid young friends. Often times you will have to enlist the aid of other delvers, who might be even in competing guilds! But we do it in the name of survival and in the name of adventuring. For this exam you will be teaming up with one another to defeat a high-level threat." He summoned that black obelisk of his out of the pillar he was standing on. "Something more powerful than anything you have ever encountered! Me!" Garrotte laughed raucously.

"You can't be serious," the rabbit said as he took a step back. "This can't be correct. We have to fight him!?'

"I'd wager he forgot he was proctoring an exam until about half an hour ago. This is probably the best he could come up with on short notice." The mind mage stood up and cracked his knuckles. "Call me Emil."

The rabbit tutted. "My name is Krisk."

"Well, you can just call me Chimes for now. My real name is far too unwieldy. My puppet is Harnis"

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
[hr]
Right to Rule
Code:
rugal's story
[hr]

Ohhhh, now they're doing the "Mind rape" thing...Heh, cute of them to assume it would wo-
Mentally silencing his other side, Rugal noticed what images were being brought up before him, that of his friends and family.
But once he found the body of Marcus Aurelius, it started to make sense now: "I know this....Nanite inducted exsanguination..."
Pulling Livia back, he slowly neared the body, channeling some more energy into his barrier as he did so.
"Nanites are a type of construct from my world. Imagine a metal swarm of worker ants, only ants could be compared to giants for how small they are. It's not too common but some of the more advanced factions in my homeworld use them either for medical care, to create life or...this..." He explained as he brought his light source over the box.
"Their size makes them nearly impossible to fight and, like a swarm of ants, if there are enough of them they can overwhelm anything and everything in their path. Livia, I'm going to need you to use whatever protective measures you can on yourself on every inch of yourself. If it's still here, a mass the size of an insect can easily latch onto it's target, feeding and multiplying from every bite of you it takes. You'll be consumed in minutes if not seconds..." He warned again before kneeling next to the corpse to get a better look at the box.

"They could still be inside the box. If it saw us as a threat, it would have attacked by now...Which means.....The Enity....It-...It could just be a nanite construct...But why?...What is technology this advanced doing here?..."
He felt like he was staring at a nuclear bomb, he could pick up the box but how would the nanites respond?
A small bead of sweat began to trickle down the side of his head as he brought his hand over the box, trying to get a better sense of what energies and powers were locked within.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
[hr]
The Rising Dawn: Canteen
Mio | Leoric
[hr]

"....I-.....I-...."
Leoric expected many things but-...this-...this was different.
His form trembled as he stood there, almost unable to process what he was hearing.
A few of his minions brought a chair over for him to sit-well, fall onto, before he slowly brought his hands to the sides of his head.
"I-I-....I just can't let them win again. Make no mistake, young Captain. This is no opportunity, this is-...this is a Trap! They last time the demons-...they turned my mortal flesh into this-...."Thing" you see before you...They couldn't best my spirit before so they-...just discard me into this endless cycle." The Black King explained, his hands shaking a little as he did so.
"...I don't know how many times it's been now. I don't know what to do to stop it. I don't know if any of this is even real! I don't know if you are actually trying to help me or-or-or a construct made by the Lord of Lies to ensnare me further...I just feel so-....so-.....helpless...." He practically sobbed but from the looks of things he was starting to finally calm down.
"...Forgive me, I-....I just don't know what to do any more...." Leoric sighed in a defeated manner, one of his helpers handing him a bottle from the bar with perfect timing before he poured the contents down his boney jaw.

"...You-...you mentioned things more dangerous then being trapped by time itself....what could such a thing be?..." The king then asked as many of his minions seemed to become calmer or at least confused by their kings sudden lack of bloodlust. (Bonelust?)

BlackHarte

the Heart of Darkness
Nov 30, 2014
[hr]
Right to Rule
Code:
rugal's story
[hr]

Rugal reached within the box with his energy and was almost blown away by what was within. It was a swirling vortex of fire tempered against an ocean of shimmering light. It was violent and peaceful at the same time. The little box felt like it contained more than a world's energy. Flare of golden fire reached outward toward an infinite horizon, grasping for anywhere to let loose it's simmering fury. The luminous ocean hummed with energy as well. The energy was alive and it was reaching out in search of something. Rugal could feel it's desire, it's yearning, and it was so strong that for a moment he believed that the energy inside was alive.

It wanted something, someone, so intensely that it would devour and destroy the entire world in search of her.

The violent flares of fire ceased suddenly. It had noticed Rugal. The sudden violent explosion of directed consciousness blew Rugal's ki out of the small box.

In the world outside the box was still, but the green lines in the stone glowed dimly. A few stray nanite puddles were dancing around the edge of the box. They were definitely drawn to the energy within... whatever or whoever it was. The closer that the nanite pools got to the vessel, the more defined the phantoms dancing at the edge of Rugal's vision became.

Omega quickly realized that those phantoms weren't generated from Rugal's memories. Those were images shaped from the memories of the nanites.

"I am reconsidering our visitation of this residence. It might be in our best interest to leave as soon as possible," Livia hissed as she watched several nanite pools start to move out of the dark corners of the room.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
[hr]
Right to Rule
Code:
rugal's story
[hr]

"...I'm going to make a move out the side of the building...ready yourself..." Rugal warned Livia before taking a moment to examine his surroundings.
The Nanite pools seemed to be nearing both them and the box, meaning if there was ever a time to make an exit, now would be it.
Rather then leave empty handed, he softly counted down before quickly snatching the box in his hands.
Before she could even react, Rugal already grabbed the young woman under his arm and plowed right into one of the walls of the room.
The roman structure was no match for his mass travelling at such a speed, the German using his "DARK BARRIER!" like a scutum though peasants.
Landing safely on the ground as the remains of that second floor wall rained behind him, he then dashed further still from the house and into a nearby alley.

Skidding to a halt once they were out of sight, he fired up ("Heh, Fired...") a plume of flame in his hand and went about doing a quick self check for any Nanite stains on him or his "Mistress".
"...Alright, I think we're both good. Just hope that stuff isn't too quick on it's feet. Come, we should return to home so I can get a better look at this thing..." He explained as he looked at the box once more.
"It's strange...it seemed to react to my prodding and poking. And the energy inside, it reminds me a little of your blades but more-..."Alive". Self aware with it's own thoughts and desires. It's as if it's looking for something."
"Yeah, I saw that. Kinda weird how it has it's own memories and dreams. Ohhh, I wonder if it does pain and suffering? We should totally teach it that later!"
Shaking off the voice in his head, he then ushered Livia along, keeping his wits about him lest a nano-ambush seek to destroy them.

"So, Julia didn't show up yet. And her allies are all a pile of dust and flesh. Question is: Where will she head now?..."

BlackHarte

the Heart of Darkness
Nov 30, 2014
[hr]
Right to Rule
Code:
rugal's story
[hr]

"That was dangerous," Livia said through heavy breaths, "What would you have done if that box was cursed? I can scarce believe the sheer audacity that possessed you in that moment."

Lightning broke overhead followed by the low rumble of thunder.

The stone box seemed to pulse in Rugal's hands, as if it had been woken from an age long slumber. The presence inside clawed against the walls of the vessel, desperate to reach the outside. It's voice called out to Rugal, humming through his bones into his body. It was music - the deep and mournful voice of a cello - that formed the wordless voice.

Livia shook her head and ducked under the cover of an awning to escape the rain. "To be honest, I do not know the girl very well myself, and I definitely do not know her well enough to guess at the actions of a girl discovering that her entire Gens has been laid to waste."

"If I had to wager, she'd hatch into a witch," came a sweet voice in both of their heads. The white creature stepped out of the shadows and looked up at Livia and Rugal with it's blood-colored eyes.

"Kyuubey! You're alive!" Livia said as she bent down and scooped up the small animal.

"Please do not misunderstand this situation, but I fear that I have made a minor miscalculation. Your enemy is far stronger than anything that I could have imagined." Kyuubey said without missing a beat.

"Kyuubey, what are you talking about?" Livia said, snapping out of her temporary relief. "What enemy? The witch? And what was this about someone hatching into a witch?"

"That is something I do not have the time to fully explain to you right now," Kyuubey said flatly, "Rugal, Livia, you must come with me. There is something terribly wrong with this city and I believe that it has something to do with what is inside that stone vessel."

It started to pad down the wet street toward the base of the Palatine hill. "Some sort of intelligence is working against us. There are two many pieces already in place. First of which is this terrible miasma that lingers over Rome, striking out against any sudden changes in karmic destiny, and which I believe is foreign to this world.

"Second, there is that stone artifact, which I have observed to be of an extra-dimensional construction. Third, there is the luring of one of my Magical Girls into the city, with situation primed for her to hatch into a Witch."

"I'm sorry, you lost me," Livia said as she tried to follow the small creature through a stack of barrels.

"When Julia arrives into the city, she will transform into a Witch and release a massive amount of energy in the process of shedding the layers of her Karmic Destiny. The miasma infesting this city will consume that energy and grow to a terrifying strength. Then afterwards, who knows what will happen. Maybe it will end the world."

"That's insane!" Livia said. "What do you mean that it will end the world? What of the Gods? Will they just sit by and let that happen?"

Kyuubey stopped and turned around. "Have you seen any of the shrines to the Gods in this city?"

Livia shook her head.

"That is because the Gods do not exist here. This city no longer belongs to the children of Gaea."

---​

Kyuubey spent some time leading the two around the city in circles before it stopped near the Senate house and sat down and a particularly worn piece of marble. It flicked it's ears back and forth before turning to Livia and Rugal. "While I would have much preferred that we handled this nasty situation after Livia's trial tomorrow, I think that we have no choice. I have spent some time delaying Julia's arrival to the city, but she will arrive on foot from the North some hours from now. I know you two aren't the smartest people in the world, so I will spell it out very clearly to you both.

Ten thousand years ago a powerful magical girl made a contract with me - and when she inevitably hatched into a Witch, she destroyed the world of which she was born. In her grief she wove a labyrinth, as all Witches do, and resided within. We are inside of that Labyrinth - a dream of which she was never to be awoken from. I sealed her consciousness inside of a soul stone and buried it deep in the earth so that she would not be harmed not disturbed. But the machinations of an outside force has disturbed the stone from where I had sealed it."

Kyuubey's tail waved to each side like the hand of a metronome. "What you're holding in your hands Rugal is more than probably the sealed soul gem of the Witch. If that box is opened the girl will wake from her dream and destroy this world. And if this world is destroyed, then it will seriously inconvenience me. When Julia becomes a witch, it is more than likely that the miasma will absorb her energy and awaken from its currently passive state. Then it will come after the soul gem."

"So what should we do?"

"Take that box and flee as far as you can from this city. Rugal, on the other hand, should remain here and draw the attention of the miasma for as long as possible."

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
[hr]
Right to Rule
Code:
Rugal's story
[hr]

"A brash course of action but still better then staying put." Rugal said, holding onto the box tightly as he examined it in the dim light of the alleyway.
"Whatever is within would like to leave but it seems unable to do. I don't think we need to worry about any curse, just those who would take this-...thing from us." He added before stuffing it into his jacket for safe keeping.
But just before he could relax and possibly savor this victory.
"If I had to wager, she'd hatch into a witch,"
"Kyuubey! You're alive!"

"Oh god, not this guy again..." "Oh god, not this guy again..."

"Ahhh, we meet yet again it seems..." Rugal droned in an un-amused matter, honestly hoping he had been rid of this pest.
And as he explained the grave threat that seemed to be coming their way, he was quickly remembering why he detested the cat.
"I knew from the start you knew more then what you were letting on. And just as expected, you only reveal the truth then you yourself are at risk. And only after it's too late to form a plan other then your one. So tell me, I get the attention of this creature but then what? If Julia is able to take the box from Livia during her escape, it'll all be for naught..."

But as Rugal debated the best course of action, another side weighed in.
"Well, well, well...looks like you got yourselves in a bit of a pickle. You can't be at two places at once but I have a really good idea. I did swear an oath to Mistress Livia. Maybe you should stop smushing that poor cat and ask him for a little help-"
The aging fighter winced slightly as he shook his head, stating "No...We'll need to find someone else to assist Livia. I've seen Julia in battle and I'm not the type of person to wager the fate of the world on a single death battle, not unless the odds are weighted in our favor..."
"Oh listen to yourself you senile prick...Think for once in your damn life. You wouldn't leave her alone to fight if she was Teri-"

[HEADING=2]"YOU LEAVE MY GODDAMN DAUGHTER OUT OF THIS!"[/HEADING]

He shook and panted slightly, right before he noticed the others staring at him.
"....I apologize...A-....another side of me doesn't know when to be silent...Tell me, Kyuubey. How do I stop the Miasma? Does it have a weakness or is there some sort of magic I can use against it? I can fight but if there's anything you need to tell me, you better start right now or none of us will make it out of this-...Dream or nightmare or whatever you wish to call it."
All the while, Omega didn't stop in his aggressive sales pitch as he screamed against the inside of Rugal's skull.
"You fucking moron! Forget the Miasma. If what this furball says is true, all Julia needs to do is open that box and we're all dead. That includes me! And I have not fought as hard as I have to die some-some twisted memory inside your rotting brain. No, you will tell that cat to give me a body, even for just 30 minutes and I'll make sure Julia doesn't have a finger left to thought that soul gem! It makes sense! But no! You're too scared to admit that once, just once, I might have a point. You need to look at the big picture here. The Miasma takes Rome, big fucking whoop, It controls a bunch of rock and a few million Italians. But if Julia gets the Soul Gem, then it's all over for everyone. 1 city versus an entire world. You're good with numbers, right? Which do you think would be a bigger grave to dig, huh?!"

Rugal's expression hardened even more as he stood there listening to his shadow rage: "HEEEY! HEYYYYYY! IF YOU CAN HEAR ME, GET ME OUT OF THIS RETARD'S HEAD! COME ON! I MADE AN OATH TO THE GIRL! DOESN'T THAT COUNT FOR SOMETHING ANYMORE!? I CAN HELP YOU YOU FLEA RIDDLED PRICK! I ONLY KILLED YOU ONCE! THAT'S STILL BETTER THEN THIS GUY! DON'T LEAVE ME HERE!"
"Uhhh, do we still have anymore those those herbs? He's screaming inside my head now..."

Zepherus14

Jan 24, 2012
[hr]
Table for Two
Code:
Nina's story
[hr]

...Felt something grasp her wrist.

"That's enough." Nina said, not looking at Miriam for the moment, simply shaking her head in disgust. "We get it already, they stand no chance against you." Nina stated, looking back to Phillip who was in the process of setting Blue down to the ground.

His strength alone wasn't able to keep her from hitting the walls, but compared to the other three, Blue had been given a far softer treatment. Not that Phillip had made a big deal about doing so as he casually pulled out that jar of black eldritch ooze from his interior. The contents slowly sloshing around and pawing at the walls of the jar like some discount Venom.

"It just... it frustrates me that you've let this go this far. That you've gone this far! Every story needs to know when to end? Every painting needs to be finished? I can't even believe how full of yourself you are?!" She said sternly, letting go if Miriam wasn't going to keep advancing towards her creations. "Paintings can be finished without throwing them into the fire, stories can be written without shredding it upon completing it. And you forget the biggest point here!!" She thrust her arms towards Faea and Mnemonyse. "THESE AREN'T FIGMENTS OF YOUR IMAGINATION ANY MORE!! They're real people!" She shouted, frustrated at just how obvious this was to her.

"Faea's arm, Mnemonyse's life, The Matron's death that affected practically everyone in this universe! That is real pain you've caused because you couldn't be bothered to sit down and talk with the other Miriams!" Nina argued, sweeping an arm towards the other Colours. "No you took the easy way out of this; sit back, let things fester and when things got too much, when you finally decided to do something, you went with the most drastic option you could honestly do! No wonder they acted the way they did to you, you were taking away everything they'd ever made, that they felt they'd put all they had into. Of course they'd fight back!"

"You said that I'd understand removing the 'ugly parts of a painting', that it was necessary. You couldn't be more wrong. Allowing those amateur hands to create and show their work to the world allows them to learn, allows them to grow. Being locked in here for so long, they haven't been able to have that step, nor have you been the one to help give feedback so that they could maybe grow as a creator! I've certainly gotten it, tons of it, and I'm a better artist because of it. Even Phillip's not perfect because "Huh?" even though I feel he can cook with the best of them from such a young again "Naturally." he still needs to learn about plating, which might not be part of getting the food in someone's belly, but it sure as hell matters if he wants to become a chef Gordon Ramsey's would appreciate! "...She's not wrong..."

"And that's not even getting into a gigantic pet peeve of mine. Too many times I've seen artists go back into their archives and destroy pieces that they'd done. It's the usual, not liking how their old stuff looks and that they 'need to clean things up'." She said quoting her fingers in the air. "But they forget the art they've sent out to the world, that's in their archives, isn't exactly their's any more. HeartGear put it very well when she said 'That part of you is stuck there indefinitely and as people come to view it, they in turn keep it alive as that art inspires new things." Nina said as she turned back to Phillip who was shaking that glass jar of his aggressively. "Phillip, can I have my tablet? "Ya whatever..." Thanks!" She said, grabbing it as Phillip popped it out effortlessly. "We all come from somewhere, it might not look the prettiest but it's also a means of new creators seeing that even the greats started out as stick drawing amateurs. This [https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/79fa0794-9446-44e0-be65-9bf495a4a06a/d1j94g1-46a90d7d-152c-4c82-a081-b76336c181fb.jpg] gave birth to this. [https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/79fa0794-9446-44e0-be65-9bf495a4a06a/d1j94g1-46a90d7d-152c-4c82-a081-b76336c181fb.jpg] Ibenz improved from this [https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/76c21c4d-f535-4218-b0c7-bad20df4ebb6/d4zc1qi-6b707043-cd24-4f81-9cdf-0965d18eb4e6.jpg/v1/fill/w_749,h_1067,q_70,strp/tf_robotized_olivia_by_ibenz009_d4zc1qi-pre.jpg] to this. [https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/76c21c4d-f535-4218-b0c7-bad20df4ebb6/dcv2ebg-0d1d249d-1161-4376-8f13-6636b7c3c48e.jpg/v1/fill/w_816,h_980,q_70,strp/merry_christmas_2018_by_ibenz009_dcv2ebg-pre.jpg] And let's not forget the m [https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/d8e400e4-69c7-4ef9-a4a3-be2782b8e10e/d7xly92-940b2f3b-5912-460b-ae35-a4263370a65c.png/v1/fill/w_1022,h_782,q_70,strp/draw_this_again_meme___sai_by_nataliadsw_d7xly92-pre.jpg]y [https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/ebc1d19a-a429-4fd7-96b0-facb346949a7/d60e2xd-88f49188-5f0e-4b72-a51f-0a23d8892b14.png/v1/fill/w_1506,h_530,strp/draw_this_again_and_again_and_again_by_kiyakoda_d60e2xd-pre.png]r [https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/4e357414-9ab8-408b-8fc8-c055114d4e47/d577id4-c1c231c9-a31d-48e0-bdb6-34514135d7ad.jpg]i [https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/ce1c630b-7bd5-41b4-a626-6385e5433685/d6tk5ob-ff8b15d6-7173-4455-8cc7-7499910b5f3b.jpg/v1/fill/w_1024,h_621,q_70,strp/draw_this_again_meme__5_by_oceantann_d6tk5ob-fullview.jpg]a [https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/b1522bad-9e54-4da8-a356-e92f3220f822/d4flfz4-4896fc41-6814-4401-98cf-314d8f71528f.png/v1/fill/w_909,h_879,strp/draw_this_again_by_mausetta_d4flfz4-pre.png]d [https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/e9b10f2d-ce36-42e2-8a58-767b4e9e2268/d5kglb0-7150d961-b05e-4949-8cf3-afa7dc5f1f30.png] o [https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/94e464af-98d7-4b83-8dee-3622824bf73a/d5eqyjf-cc7830ec-37c7-4afb-8739-0f93c1edb52e.jpg/v1/fill/w_900,h_711,q_70,strp/draw_this_again__little_witch_by_miibt_d5eqyjf-fullview.jpg]f [https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/2451a44a-62d9-4b89-a944-5c3b6dc5d99b/d7pm2v5-8d011d85-00f3-4aa7-91ad-a9ea44056cb9.png/v1/fill/w_1280,h_459,q_80,strp/draw_this_again__jealousy_witch_maria_by_yamio_d7pm2v5-fullview.jpg] m [https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/46f08f58-71ef-402e-a989-cb5ff2cca40d/d85gfzk-da57bf6b-05f9-49f3-b548-178366dc0786.png]e [https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/e39a058e-96c9-4c90-b4b0-f6ebc6315aef/d5flz6s-1ab2e529-2853-4400-9e76-d2f1cfa8878e.jpg/v1/fill/w_900,h_569,q_70,strp/draw_this_again__moon_knight_by_mediaviolence_d5flz6s-fullview.jpg]m [https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/36c6b8f4-6838-4e56-9e3b-f38eb206b645/d6kz4fq-cea630cc-f8a9-45b3-ad88-6e3d4f254d61.png/v1/fill/w_903,h_885,strp/draw_this_again_by_pharaoh009_d6kz4fq-pre.png]e [https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/a891b544-883b-4045-9e0f-fc7d248357d8/d5f24b9-38ee466d-20ff-4d45-b441-7291cc7c10c7.jpg/v1/fill/w_900,h_569,q_70,strp/draw_this_again___wake_up_by_kuro_mai_d5f24b9-fullview.jpg]s [https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/857f8ef0-97c4-49a3-8dda-20209d6f9830/d6kiyoz-b5b46207-2c80-4028-971e-128181da8d7d.jpg]! [https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/79dede42-709e-4b19-92b3-8b699f21a92b/d5ffeyk-4af870b7-916e-417a-b0ad-8599362e5e69.jpg]"

"When I look at what's been made here, I'm not blinded by that utter contempt you seem to be so fond of. Sure it's got it's problems, but it's got its merits. What Faea's done with my clothing, the wonders, the lore. And that's just the surface. I've seen the monsters here, both the ones of this world, and the ones you personally have made. I'm not going to like everything that I find out there, and I can work to help change what I can. It's what I wanted to do when I thought Black was the one behind all this, let her have a long look at this, but now I get to have that conversation with you." She says as she waves the tablet.

And then she stopped, the flurry of words halted so ceremoniously. All those grievances, had been more of a pet peeve, something to chastise. What Miriam saw coming however was far more painful, what had driven Nina to push herself this hard to make it here. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYmn5BQIxdQ] "But all that, all those reasons... I still don't believe that this has to be the end for Anazorzia, for it and its people, but what you've done to do this. That you would willingly inflict something so heinous on... these people. Do you not understand how... sinister Stardust is? How it slowly eats away at someone's very existence, but not only their's but anyone who's ever known of them?! To watch someone you love, who's been with you for your whole life, slowly just disappear in front of your face?!" Nina shook, holding her hat close to her chest. "It's fucking terrifying!! How it takes piece after piece, you think it's just a bad nap, he'll get better, and sometimes he might. But then one day you come to visit, and he just stares at you, happy to see a new person." Tears slowly rolling down her face. "When I was younger, I wondered why god would have ever made something that would take my Grandad away from me like that, he was supposed to be good, just, merciful. To cause that much pain flew straight in the face of that idea. And yet, here I am standing here today, in front of someone who somehow found a way to one up that bastard, and make Alzheimer's a family event!" She roared, glaring at Miriam. "You think it's merciful to sweep what horrors you rot under the rug because no one will remember it? Well I have news for you! You can take that mercy and shove it because I'm not going to stop until I know this nightmare of an ending will never get the chance of happening again!" She proclaimed defiantly, fully committed to the idea that if she couldn't take this stand against this amoral critic how could she hope to face her own maker if that day ever came. This wasn't just for herself, or for the people of Anazorzia, but the next Anazorzia. Erasing Anazorzia didn't solve the backwards logic Miriam harbored, and only meant that the next painting would eventually find a similar fate one way other another. People may think for themselves, but they also think for their fellow man, in the hope that in their time of need someone would step up to help them, as they did for them.

Zepherus14

Jan 24, 2012
The Rising Dawn: Armoury [https://orig00.deviantart.net/1cc6/f/2012/168/d/1/contact___armory_by_shimmering_sword-d53uu2p.jpg]
Hillary the Slime | David West | Jenny | Violet

"I think... Hillary should go with Jenny. I want to see how everyone else is doing. She also didn't see Miia in the fields outside, so perhaps maybe she's still locked in her room?" Hillary asked back to the group. "But will it be okay for everyone to split up like that? Didn't you tell Hillary we should stick together?" She added, looking down at the scrapped mess of platinum on the ground. She brought her hand down to pick it back up, which she was able to do but with considerably more effort than what normally was needed. "I'm also not sure Hillary will be able to become shiny again from just this, not with how much lemonade is in me now. Unless, would you like to share some with Hillary?" She asked offering a hand up to the trio while she stuck her other hand in her mouth.

Although Hillary didn't explain it well herself, Jenny could easily pick up on the fact that Hillary was more than happy to let them have a sampling of her. David and his encyclopedia knowledge of the PCs would also have an idea of this, that not only was this not harmful, but actually beneficial for her overall health.

BlackHarte

the Heart of Darkness
Nov 30, 2014
[hr]
Right to Rule
Code:
rugal's story
[hr]

Kyuubey tilted its head to the side, "Violence is foreign to my people," Kyuubey answered coolly, "I would have thought that overcoming impossible odds in combat was something that humans excelled at. Though I might have misjudged your abilities. Is bullying those that are weaker than you the only thing that you can do?"

Livia gave Rugal a wide-eye'd look. She kept her hand tucked inside of her tunic as she turned to Kyuubey.

The creature's smile twitched ever so slightly, "It appears that you are suffering from a severe illness of the mind. If it would be beneficial to your operating capability, I can remove that entity within you and cast its consciousness adrift into the void."

"I'm sorry Kyuubey, but I don't think I understand what is happening. What is this miasma that you're talking about?"

"I am not entire sure myself." Kyuubey answered, "I have never dealt with an entity of this nature as far as I can remember. But the situation is already dire. I do not want to spend more time on the matter of our situation." Kyuubey stood up. Lightning crackled overhead in waves of harsh light. Under the flickering glow of the storm, Kyuubey seemed to stand out like a lion at the head of its pride. For the first time, the little creature seemed utterly alien - not just strange or fantastical - but truly alien. "I will allow no one to engage Julia is combat. Her soul gem is unstable from extended use and if she undergoes any further stress, I suspect she will hatch before she dies. The goal right now is to stop the miasma from becoming conscious."

"Kyuubey," Livia said quietly, "that does not answer my question."

Kyuubey turned to look at Livia, its red eyes glimmered in the darkness.

"Are you hiding something from me?" Livia asked.

"I am incapable of lying," Kyuubey answered.

"Is it possible to save this world at all?"

Kyuubey paused. Its tail swiped from right to left. "I myself have not witnessed such a thing, but it is possible, theoretically."

Livia's grip on the item inside of her tunic tightened. The gemstone set inside of her hair accessory began to darken. "This is a suicide mission isn't it? Both of us are going to die so that you can save this world."

Thunder rumbled overhead. Kyuubey looked at Rugal and Livia. For the first time since it arrived, it was utterly silent.

"This is the duty of a sovereign... right?"

"For my species, it is logical for an individual to sacrifice themselves for the good of the collective. For your species, it is observed to be much in the same way. But many times it is not until many years have passed that heroes are recognized for their sacrifices." The storm clouds overhead grew a deeper black. The lightning grew more and more frequent, arcing from cloud to cloud in ominous bridges.

The box began to resonate in Rugal's hands.

Kyuubey turned to the captain of the Rising Dawn. "I can grant you one wish, using your soul as a catalyst to rewrite entropy. I have already done so using Livia's soul and Julia's soul. Despite your age and gender, I believe that I will be able to siphon enough energy from you to perform at least one miracle. I can grant you a wish in return for your promise to defeat the miasma above. Do you believe that you would be able to devise an wish that would be so grand as to assure our victory?"

BlackHarte

the Heart of Darkness
Nov 30, 2014
[hr]
Table for Two
Code:
Good End
[hr]

"Hands off of my lady!" Reign shouted as he stepped forward, his sword flying out of it's sheath like a bolt of golden lightning. The blade crashed into Nina's skin and shattered, sending small shards of God-Slaying sword flying off into the shadowed darkness. The servant took a step back, astonished.

An aura of darkness grew out from Nina as she spoke. It was a soft and gentle darkness, like that of a starless night. It wove itself in cascades over Nina's body the more impassioned she grew. As her emotions swelled, so did her aura, and it overflowed out of her heart and into the the train car.

Miriam's eyes grew wide.

As Anazorzia crumbled under the weight of the destinies of it's thousand constituent worlds, the space around the train car had reached the critical point where reality and dreams had begun to blur. This shadow was the manifestation of the Nina's overflowing emotions, her memories, and her hope.

"You..." Miriam said softly as she tugged at her own hand. "You're just like her."

The train suddenly stopped, jerking everyone forward onto the fleshy floor. There was an explosion and the world went white.

---​

When Nina opened her eyes the world was a colorless white. But as she blinked the sand and dust out of her eyes, things began to become somewhat more clear. She could see the shapes of the five other women on the floor. Philip was pooled a little bit to Nina's side. The world around them was blank and utterly flat.

Reign, Faea, Mnemosyne, and Cuelle were nowhere to be found.

Nina sat up. Small colored marbles floated in the air around her in hues of Blue, Red, Green, Black, and White. They held small tablaeux of some worlds she recognized and others she didn't. One held a scene of a train speeding through space, flanked by glimmering lights. Another had a group of women sunbathing on the canopy of a vast sea of trees. A older woman was sitting in a crystal world reading slowly through journals of the past. Nina knew instinctively that these were the worlds that made up Anazorzia.

Nina looked down. Her shadow turned the ground below her from a blank white space into a wooden floor. Where her hands touched the same occurred. She was bringing color into this empty world.

Where was this? Nina's thoughts echoed in the empty space.

"This is Anazorzia," came a reply. The voice was high and sweet. Full of innocence. When Nina turned to find the source of the voice, there was a small girl squatting next to her. She had red hair held back with a blue headband. Huge blue eyes smiled at her, glimmering like oceans in this white plane. "My name is Miriam Lockstar, and you're Nina! Nina Zack- Zat- Zachk-... Just Nina!"

Miriam grinned. She had a set of pretty white teeth, but she was missing an incisor. "Would you like to have tea with me?"

The shadow of the little girl painted the ground beneath her, but it expanded, reaching out to each end of the white space until Nina and Miriam were in the lobby of a cafe. Gentle beams of sunlight filtered through stained glass windows and tables set with checkered cloths hosted phantom guests. There was no one there, but there were the sounds of hustle and bustle, the tinkling of ice in cups, the scrape of knives against plates, and the warm nostalgic chatter of people going about their day.

Miriam grabbed Nina's hand and helped her up. "Welcome to Cafe Anazorzia!"

The little girl was wearing the uniform that Blue had on prior to everything happening. "How many will be dining here today?"

Zepherus14

Jan 24, 2012
[hr]
Table for Two
Code:
Good End
[hr]

Nina definitely needed help getting to her feet and even as she stood there in this cafe her legs wobbled. Despite her abilities, despite what she had just survived, she was still only human. Not a deity, a cyborg or even a well trained athlete, she was with some noteworthy exceptions a normal human that frankly spent too much time sitting down at her tablet. There's a limit to how many times one could continue going on stubbornness and adrenaline alone, and that time had been a long time coming.

"I... think it'll be three? You're sitting with us right, you wanted tea?" Nina asked, honestly shouldering Miriam with a bit more weight than she meant to until Phillip grabbed her a chair to park her tush. "T-Thanks Phillip." She exhaled, leaning forward with her arms resting on her knees.

"You certainly dealt with that blade better than Faea did. Wonder who's holding her arm up now." He commented, surveying the area, specifically for a kitchen. "Why didn't you tell me you could do that?"

"I, I didn't know I could do that, but..." Nina commented to Phillip as she lifted her head up to look at Miriam. "We'll see how this chat goes, there might be more than just the three of us coming." She added to her original answer, taking a moment to look around the cafe weakly as she wiped her eyes, quite red from her final stand. "Do, you know what these are?" She gestured to the remnants of Anazorzia, the orbs, loosely wondering how much this Miriam knew of what had happened.

BlackHarte

the Heart of Darkness
Nov 30, 2014
[hr]
A Painted World
Code:
miriam's story
[hr]

"They're marbles," Miriam said matter-of-factly. The small glass orbs danced around her like planets around a sun. Light flowed through them and splintered into colored light which pooled around Miriam in thick paint-like orbs. The little girl drew her fingers along the paints and from them created a small notepad. She wrote down on it some scribbles. "But a table of three is coming right up!"

Before Nina and Philip could react they found themselves seated at a booth. A cloth laden table before them set with plates, knives, forks, spoons, and three cups of iced water. Sunlight dribbled through the window at their side. Nina looked out and could see a world outside. They were in the downtown of some city. The streets were empty, a painted scene of lamps, plants, and buildings, but she could hear the rumble of cars passing by and the footfalls of an intersection during lunchtime.

Miriam sat down next to Nina. The little girl smelled of blueberries and vanilla.

A blank-faced waitress came to take their order. She was silent and her movements were stiff, but the entire ordeal was not entirely uninviting. Miriam ordered an earl-grey with milk and sugar.

The drink came almost immediately, delivered by some phantom waitstaff out of the kitchen doors. Philip saw that the kitchen was empty when the doors swung open. A blank and cold room filled with pots, pans, stoves, and ovens.

Miriam took a sip of her tea. She had a solemn look on her face.

"You've been through a lot this past day," Miriam said. Her voice was as sad as it was cheerful. Her eyes faced forward and she held her cup gingerly in both hands. The fragments of Anazorzia kept their orbit around her person. "I don't blame you if you want to leave. It's not like you wanted to come here in the first place."

Zepherus14

Jan 24, 2012
[hr]
A Painted World
Code:
Miriam's story
[hr]

"Heh..." Nina couldn't help but smile at Miriam's comment, her head resting on her arms. She knew this was terrible edicate and likely breaking several rules of fine dining but she really didn't have the energy. "It's gonna take more than that to get rid of me unfortunately. I'll... sleep better when I know my job's done here." She answered.

Phillip for his part was very enamored by the sighting of the kitchen, but seeing the waitress and Nina's current state he shrugged. "Given Nina's current state, matcha tea would be a good start for her. Although I can't say why I'm participating here. I would much rather be in the kitchen."

Nina lifted her head up sluggishly as the cup of tea was placed swiftly on the table, the smell of the aromatic lime green tea. "I, just don't want to lose you too." Nina said as Phillip propped her up and put the tea in her hands. "Well, there are more things to learn from you, so as you said, you won't get rid of me that easily." Phillip answered back as Nina blew at her tea before taking her first sip. "Oh, that's kinda nice." She smiled and took another sip.

"Will you be destroying the recipes and ingredients that exist in those 'marbles' as you put them Miriam?" Phillip asked curtly, causing Nina to nearly choke on her third sip of tea. "Phillip, we're trying to save a little more than just recipes here..." To which Phillip pondered a moment. "Techniques would also be useful too, yes more than just those two." To which Nina held her head with one hand, admittedly looking a bit better now that she had something in her belly. Feeling her bare hand against her forehead made her feel a guilty, the gloves Faea had crafted were gone, and very possibly never to be replaced.[footnote]Not sure if Nina's capable of manipulating things in this space, but if she is having the gloves restitch themselves again would be cool.[/footnote]

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
[hr]
Right to Rule
Code:
rugal's story
[hr]

"It appears that you are suffering from a severe illness of the mind. If it would be beneficial to your operating capability, I can remove that entity within you and cast its consciousness adrift into the void."

Oh you did not just call me a mental illness!
"It is something I have been considering..." Rugal admitted as the nature of their situation began to dawn on them.
The worsening weather only compounded the dread as the box reacted in his hands: Time was running out.

"This is a suicide mission isn't it? Both of us are going to die so that you can save this world. This is the duty of a sovereign... right?"

Despite everything that was being said, that was the one thing that resonated with Rugal the most: The idea that one as young as Livia would have to give her life for this world to survive?
Battles of life and death weren't a concept lost on Rugal but there was something about making someone barely the age of his own daughter-
"...You're right...it is the duty of a sovereign...Alright Kyuubey, I know what to wish for. That side of me...I had great need of him in the past. It's power, it's will, it saw me to victory many times in the past. I thought I no longer had need of it but-...clearly that's not the case."
Ohhh, here it comes...
"But don't mistake me. No matter what power he might hold, I'll never willingly give him the chance to escape and let his ego bring ruin to us all. Back when I made the decision to change my life and my fate, I tried to separate us so no one could suffer at his hands. But now, I'll need you to mend that rift. Make the two parts whole-"
WHAT?! YOU FUCKING PRICK! NO! DON'T LISTEN TO HIM! YOU NEED TO GIVE ME A BODY! I'M THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN STOP THE MIASMA! I'M THE FUCKING KING OF FIGHTERS. I'M THE CLOSEST ANY IN THIS REALM WILL GET TO GODHOOD! RELEASE ME AND I WILL SWEAR MY SERVICE TO YOU! WE CAN WIN THIS BUT ONLY IF YOU LET ME FIGHT!
His other side raged at the notion of peace or in his mind defeat. Decades of wrath and self-empowerment boiled down to a voice raging against reality. It couldn't end like this! What about Rugal's pride? Surely he wouldn't admit that he alone couldn't defeat Omega!?

"I'm not going to lie, I'm not sure how much power it'll take to fulfill such a request. The only times we are truly whole is when divine power flows though our veins. I've done it a few times and, if what you say is true, it's our only shot at saving this world. As well as Livia." He explained before turning to the young woman.
"I do commend your bravery. I've not known many people who would stare at their own demise and accept the risk of death. But this shall not be the end of your story, Livia Lucretius Lamia. Even if I was to survive, I wouldn't be able to look my daughter in the eye knowing you died for my safe return. My mere presence in this world seemed to have caused all this. So I must be the one to set it right."
Handing off the box to his "Mistress", he then smiled and said "You need to get out of here. The old should die for the young, not the other way around. Don't worry, you are still young. You can get the next god awful Apocalypse."
YOU! MAGIC FURBALL! IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO SET ME FREE! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! I WILL NOT BE DENIED MY RIGHTFUL PLACE IN *MY* WORLD! I HAVE FOUGHT FOR EVERYTHING AND YOU JUST SHOW UP AND DECIDE THE VICTOR BY VIRTUE OF BEING SOME IMMORTAL MAGIC-...FUCK!?. WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!

Taking off his jacket, Rugal took a deep breath as he prepared himself for the fight of his life.

"...I wish for the power to being peace to my soul. As much as you can give me. The Lord God Rugal Bernstein shall live again [https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2591/3841154974_d9292e0ebf_z.jpg?zz=1]..."

BlackHarte

the Heart of Darkness
Nov 30, 2014
[hr]
A Painted World
Code:
miriam's story
[hr]

"You're here to save Anazorzia then?" Miriam asked softly. "Do you stare into these worlds that I have created, so full of life, and feel pain for their passing?" She shook her head. "Of course you do. Who wouldn't? To you they all seem so very alive - so real. For a time I also felt like they were real. Anazorzia is special in this way - it grants the deepest desires of those who inhabit it. Those who live fear death, and so in Anazorzia, death does not exist. At least, not in the way that mortals understand it."

Miriam smiled, "The idea of mortality is enough to shatter their entire world. Did you see what happened when Anna died? Everyone was shook to their core. I want to be free, Nina, but I am bound as a custodian to this world I painted. I simple cannot leave them, for if I did the world would grow cold and dark until even time itself ceases to pass. To me, that is a fate worse than death."

"Can you imagine? Being born and then left behind by your creator in a dark place with absolutely nothing. A timeless oblivion where it is neither hot nor cold, dark nor light." Miriam chuckled to herself and finished her tea before conjuring a buffet of small cakes before herself. "Well, I do not need to imagine. That was what this place was before I created Anazorzia."

"I fear death. There is nothing more frightening to me than returning to that colorless oblivion. Yet, now I understand more than ever that death is necessary. Without it, the living can not move on because they are eternally weighed down by the older generation." She produced a vial from nothing, this time not even using the paints that she was so fond of using. It was full of purple dust. "I cannot leave these worlds, but Violet could. Neither her obsession with Shuwa nor her friendship with Syl were coincidence. Han Ankhem, the pollen of Everlasting Stargazers. My older sister, Syl, created the flowers so that she could lose her own immortality and memories. She did not like to take the mantle of God. She loved to discover, to research, and to explore. So she could not stand to know everything in all of her creation."

"My world has stagnated. It's filled to the brink of breaking. I know you mean well, but it is at this point it is a matter of the limits of my own powers. I do not have the ability to maintain a world any larger than Anazorzia is right now. And you have seen with your own eyes that even my own avatars have fell to the corrupting influence of eternal life. They thought themselves untouched - but each of them had grown radicalized by their unending vigil.

White grew guilty, burdened by the uncountable sins of the world. She was forced to shed pieces of herself in order to stay sane.

Blue grew distant, weighed down by the information she yearned to gather. In doing so she lost her spirit of invention.

Black grew arrogant and sought to extend her own influence, going so far as to attempt to expand Anazorzia using her dampening slates.

Red grew hedonistic, falling into pleasure-seeking tendencies and losing her aptitude for art.

Green grew destructive, unable to see any deviations from the natural cycles as beauty."

Miriam touched Nina's hand. Her skin pale skin was as cold as death. White paint flowed around Nina's hand and formed the silken glove that Faea had once woven for her. "Was it right for me to seek to destroy Anazorzia? To create what my children fear, what I fear, for the sake of the future? Is it wrong that I yearn to leave this Labyrinth and seek the world outside, knowing that if I leave, Anazorzia will cease to be? In the end, what should I do?"

BlackHarte

the Heart of Darkness
Nov 30, 2014
[hr]
Right to Rule
Code:
rugal's story
[hr]

"Your wish is accepted. Your contract is written." Kyuubey said flatly. Its ears reached into Rugal's and a sudden burst of light erupted from within his heart. Rugal suddenly felt an overwhelming pain as the small creature sunk it's grip into his astral body - tearing apart the tangled threads of karmic destiny that bound Rugal and Omega together.

Kyuubey stopped briefly, its eyes looking unblinkingly into Rugal's soul. Then it continued, pulling hard.

And Omega and Rugal became uncoupled and Kyuubey forced both personalities into crystal gems. His energy roared around them like a maelstrom. Omega vanished into the chaos, leaving behind only his overwhelming energy as proof of his existence.

It was over by the next time lighting flashed across the dark sky. Kyuubey stood over a soul gem. It was a brilliant red. Kyuubey picked up the red gem in it's ears and handed it to Rugal. "As a part of the process of fulfilling the contract, I had to remove your soul from your body. For now, your consciousness is stored in this egg. It will return to your body through diffusion after some time. Provided of course you do not hatch into a Witch."

Livia held onto the box tightly. Now that it was in her hands the stone vessel roared with life. It's lock pulsed as it tried to keep whatever was inside locked inside.

"This is insane," Livia said, "Kyuubey, this is insane! How can you be okay with asking a person to die for you so casually!?" She took out the binding stone that Jove had signed for her. "Rugal, I command you by order of your contract to me to flee from this city! I cannot, I will not have another person die because of me." Tears were streaming down her face. The gemstone on her hair accessory was nearly black in color. She clutched the stone, but the rock did nothing.

"The Gods no longer control this city," Kyuubey said matter-of-factly. "Such contracts are not enforceable."

The miasma above crackled with lightning, now in short intervals.

The rain was coming down particularly hard now. Livia stared on in disbelief. Her knuckles were white from clutching the stone box. "How come I don't get a say in this? Am I not the sovereign? Am I not the caretaker of the realm?"

Kyuubey turned away from Livia, "I might have given you the circumstances for you to rise to power Livia, but unlike your deceased father, never have you once had the right to rule. In the end you were only a girl playing princess."

Livia's gem was jet black.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
The Rising Dawn: Armoury [https://orig00.deviantart.net/1cc6/f/2012/168/d/1/contact___armory_by_shimmering_sword-d53uu2p.jpg]
Hillary the Slime | David West | Jenny | Violet

"....Errrrr-....I'll pass...." David remarked, being able as open to the idea of "Drinking" a living being as much as any other average guy.
"And while I did say that, we have weapons and objectives now. Gotta adapt to the situation. And if those bastards get out again, lord knows what they'll do." The Irishman added while Violet attempted to fix Hillary's mass issue.
"Here, try using these. Military Ceramic Plates. Designed to stop rifle rounds. It's not as heavy but it should be strong enough to keep you safe." The Doctor explained as he began to use a knife to tear apart some of the bulletproof vests left over.
Each time, he yanked out the protective plate [https://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/Firelotus/Fake%20SAPI%20Plates/FakeSAPIplates032.jpg] and left it in a pile for the slime to consume.

Jenny herself slipped on one of the remaining vests before David checked the hallway.
"Alright, do your check then head straight for the bridge. Engagements at a minimum. Still outnumbered and not immortal like they are."
"Alright then. Hillary and I will do one quick sweep then we'll meet up." The Gardevoir said before David held up his hand, doing a quick countdown before both groups silently split up, making a dash for their objectives.

Jenny lead the way to the airships crew quarters, a somewhat fancy part of the ship designed for the comfort of any and all crew who live on the ship.
She kept up a small Reflect barrier up at all times, using it almost like a riot shield as she advanced onwards.
There were some slight skeleton presence here and there, mostly just finding out what having beds made out of modern materials and experiencing the comforts of the living.

"Attention anyone who can hear me. We're going to try and make our way to the bridge so we can get out of here. Regroup as soon as you can, those skeletons will overwhelm you otherwise. David is going to head to the brig, I'll be in the living quarters. Meet up with one of us as soon as you can." She spoke out to anyone in the area over and over again as she attempted to have them sneak though the area without causing a fight.
Thankfully, the skeletons seemed pretty distracted, I mean, the light switches alone were blowing their minds (Skulls?).
They seemed rather happy with themselves, even if they were the enemy, it was hard for Hillary to see that as they jumped up and down on king sized beds and other such childish actions.