The Escapist Countdown to Shutdown Thread: What’s Next?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I dunno... View attachment 10194

But seriously, I don't recognize any of these names. Admittedly, I pretty much only read Mooney's stuff, so you may be right.
Honestly, barely anybody ever read those. They all reek so much of desperation. More than usual desperation for clicks. The front page might as well not exist for me, other than grabbing some quick news and not overly long opinionated pieces.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Man, I can't believe @Hawki just ditched us the second the news dropped without a word.
Sucks, but not much you can do about it and move on. I tried contacting him to see if he wanted to go to Space Battles, but no response. He made his choice.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
It ain’t just him though; seems a few regulars here don’t show up nearly as much if at all now either.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Wait what happened?
Well Hawki hasn't been around for nearly a month and his 'Last Seen' date is November 7th, the day after it was announced that Yahtzee and co left the Escapist. I can only assume the two points are related unless by extreme coincidence something else happened to Hawki preventing him from returning to the site, say, crushed by a stack of overdue library books perhaps.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
It ain’t just him though; seems a few regulars here don’t show up nearly as much if at all now either.
Reminds of the dark days when the bots swarmed. Fair number of regulars dropped off then too. Then again when we moved to v2.

It's also partially my fault, I suppose. I didn't intend the Oldheads discord as a replacement, but a couple regulars seem to have taken to it, and mostly hang out over there now.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Reminds of the dark days when the bots swarmed. Fair number of regulars dropped off then too. Then again when we moved to v2.

It's also partially my fault, I suppose. I didn't intend the Oldheads discord as a replacement, but a couple regulars seem to have taken to it, and mostly hang out over there now.
No fault of yours. Wonder what they’re doing there all by their lonesomes though.

Huh, that might be a first for me, using all three in the same sentence.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

You should not be blamed for anything. They want to spend their entire days on discord, that is their choice. I don't like using discord so you're definitely not going to see that often despite me signing up for it, when you made that dedicated section. I prefer the back of forum.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Eh, I lurk. But I just started a new job a few months ago and it's keeping me pretty busy, so I haven't been posting much.