The Escapist Film Festival 2010: Pro-gamer Gauntlet: Demo

Paul Hearding

Creator of Pro-gamer Gauntlet
Oct 1, 2010
MMO will definitely have camera time. All 11 are main characters so we will get to know each and every one of them quite well.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Keep it coming.

TheNoirGuy

Feb 24, 2008
Great idea and cool video! I was a little skeptical at first, but all the characters are interesting, and you manage to implement videogame ideas in cool ways. Loved the bit at the end of "buying the full version"! Great video and Good luck!

Paul Hearding

Oct 1, 2010
Agent51 said:
I can say this is the best out of the vids I've watched.

I especially like the graphics, very high quality and Scott Pilgrim-y.

Now how do I vote.
Thanks for the support!

To vote there should be a button to the bottom left of the video player.

Penn0086

Nov 2, 2010
TheNamlessGuy said:
RPG Master is truly wonderful.
And I assume the MMO guy is someone we won't see very much of?
Jokes about him sealing himself off and whatnot?

Anyway, seems good.
Haven't watched a lot of videos yet, but kudos, top 3 for the moment.
MMO here, hah I certainly hope I won't be pushed into the basemen... oh.. wait... already in the basement... thanks to the incident this is our new office. Either way you should be seeing a fair amount of myself and the other masters in the full version of PGG!

Penn0086

Nov 2, 2010
MMO here. Thanks for all the feedback guys! You guys will be seeing plenty of me and the other masters if we get upgraded to the full version!

Penn0086

Nov 2, 2010
thought my other posts got lost since they took forever to appear sorry for the double post

rofl jet

Aug 23, 2009
"You've gotta learn to punch, before you can HADOUKEN!!!"
That is easily my new favorite motto

Paul Hearding

Oct 1, 2010
Penn0086 said:
thought my other posts got lost since they took forever to appear sorry for the double post
Nope, this website is just hurting for bandwidth right now, because of all the awesome videos!

Paul Hearding

Oct 1, 2010
rofl jet said:
"You've gotta learn to punch, before you can HADOUKEN!!!"
That is easily my new favorite motto
Yesss! Awesome! Glad you liked it. Definitely a motto to live by.

Paul Hearding

Oct 1, 2010
Vignette said:
I really liked the video. 11 characters, whew, but you do make it work.
Thanks for your support!

Wait until you see the first episode! All 11 of them will be working together...in the same office (*ahem* basement).

Swishdude

Nov 21, 2009
I did happen to watch a few of the videos you guys made on Game Trailers a little while ago. Funny funny stuff, I am surprised you didn't go down that route of the story following the guy who tries to make the viral ads.

Paul Hearding

Oct 1, 2010
Vignette said:
I did happen to watch a few of the videos you guys made on Game Trailers a little while ago. Funny funny stuff, I am surprised you didn't go down that route of the story following the guy who tries to make the viral ads.
Oh wow, someone has seen the Retro PgG! Glad you liked it, but yes, we are going in a totally new direction now. I am really happy with the cast that we were able to assemble and I think it was better for us to go in this direction instead of basing everything around one character.

trymantha

Oct 26, 2010
that was awesome. some of the acting seemed a little forced(mainly the retro master and the new fps master). but besides these two minor flaws excellent work

The Josh

Oct 24, 2010
The setting is interesting. It's like a surreal meta-world where reality and gaming collide together. A bit like Scott Pilgrim, except the boundaries of reality are even more blurred. Example: the IRL patching scene. Bit of a mindfuck when you think on it...

Anyway, if we're beaten, hope it's by this show.
(... And that I get a future voice-over role...)