The Escapist Film Festival 2010: Tales From The Table

Lord_Goose_Man

Oct 17, 2010
Tales From The Table

Tales From The Table follows the amazing adventures of Falcore, Thordin, Ceredwyn and Rufus as they face perilous monsters and partake in amazing quests.....All from their Dungeon Masters basement table.

Watch Video

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
I actully very much enjoyed this one, this. The Escapist could use a plot driven, sorta video series.

Good luck eh!!

blueglitter

Nov 2, 2010
Good production quality and pretty good acting! I think the sound could have been better and the ending sequence could have been a little bit more driving/exciting. Otherwise it was pretty interesting.

SniperMacFox

Suffer not the Flamer to live
Jun 26, 2009
Everything's so classy this year and this video is a perfect example of it. Though you could argue that the ideas been done in a way before (Unforgotten Realms?) again, this is still original and already looks like a proper webshow worthy of the Escapist.

Good luck to you, I'll be voting.

Jimtopia

Slaving away over a hot laptop.
Oct 3, 2008
Seriously awesome submission guys, reminds me a bit of Unforgotten Realms, but I could definitely see this panning out into a very awesome series of its own! You have my vote!

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
The thing that sets this apart is the cuts to the game universe itself, something that a show like The Guild didn't have. I really want to see what each character is like when the spotlight shines on them. Looking forward to future episodes.

Migs

Oct 13, 2010
Dear Sir\Madam

Thank You for making this video.
It is one of the very very very few videos that I have hit the fast forward button.
I seriously hope you get some knods your way. Even better, I hope this series replaces the boring I'll Hit It With My AXE.

As someone has already mentioned, The audio was not 100% clear. I kept having to adjust the volume since at times it was either too high or almost too hear to hear the dialog.

A Solid entry! I have given you my Vote and my (stolen from I'll Hit It With My) Axe!

Regards
Migs

Tower 87

Oct 14, 2010
I really like the back and forth between the fantasy world and real world. There is a HUGE potential for some great back a forth banter. The characters are funny and the fantasy costumes put some cos-players to shame. You have my Vote as well, It would be good to more time spent on sound, but I am sure you guys rushed to get it submitted ;)

Freshskills

Nov 2, 2010
Tower 87 said:
the fantasy costumes put some cos-players to shame.
i agree, the costumes were AMAZING! incredible detail and depth in the costumes really helps paint the personality of the characters.

Tower 87

Oct 14, 2010
I have just finished watching some of the other entries and apart from a few review based shows (which the escapist already does and does well) there was little on display to show the potential of the rest of the series. Watching back over Doomsday Arcade and some of the other winners they seemed to sample the ideas along with some actual substance to show they could pull it off. That is what I think Tales has done, more of a proof of concept with a tease of it true potential. After watching the others I am really gunning for you guys.

Joseph Eckert

Feb 28, 2010
Very nice show. Really want to see it continued so I shall be voting as much as possible. Before now I hadn't thought there were any submissions to make the festival worthwhile but this changed my mind.

Joshic Shin

Level 8 DM
Apr 4, 2009
It's about time the Escapist gets another good D&D series to replace Unforgotten Realms.

(And no, I hit it with my axe does not count.)

I'll be voting for you whenever I can, good luck!

Tower 87

Oct 14, 2010
I just checked out "Unforgotten Realm" having never seen it before and I have to say there are some similarities, thematically at least. The major difference I see in "Tales From The Table" Is that there is a group dynamic coming from everyone who are all enthusiasts about D&D but in their own way. I think that provides both opportunities for exploring character in the real world and fantasy world. I also see potential to have people drop into the real world more often like the girlfriend did.