The Escapist Film Festival 2010: Tales From The Table

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Tinq said:
Yes, it's like "The Gamers" and "Unforgotten Realms" but I don't hold that against it as the characters have peaked my interest. WANT THIS.
I lean towards that it is more like "The Gamers", which is awesome!

----------

I really loved this, would definitely love to see more, here's hoping for a win.

WhedonofOz

Nov 3, 2010
This is awesome! Fantastic idea and really well shot. The characters have a great dynamic with each other also which is really important when creating a long running series. Gotta agree that the costumes are amazing, really adds polish to the overall production. Good luck guys, really hope this wins because I want to see more.

Lord_Goose_Man

Oct 17, 2010
Hi Everyone

Thanks a lot for all of the kind words. I'm really excited and pumped that our pilot episode of "Tales From The Table" has made it too the First Cut category. I'm really happy to hear all of your feedback.

One thing I would like to address is the few comments with regards to sound. We had limited time in post to get the levels right where we would like them so thought that it might be enough to go with. In future we will of course be able to have more time to focus on this important aspect.

Thanks for all of your support and I hope you all get the chance to see were we are planning to take these characters.

If you have any questions about "Tales From The Table" or where we see the series going, don't hesitate to ask.

Lord_Goose_Man

Oct 17, 2010
Oh and also @SonicDoctor

Thanks for your support.

I just can't believe that your 1000th post was about our video :p

DyeDoe

Nov 3, 2010
This was awesome! So much effort :)

Out of all the films this one is by far the stand out, production values were really high, great SFX! Was a little hard to hear at times but that was a tiny flaw by comparison!

FTW all the way! I'm vote this one No.1 :)

BTW the t-shirt that the girl wears is awesome! Is the "Magical Adventures with Blake and Steve" a show?

Moon_Called

Mar 21, 2009
Very impressive special effects and good acting. I enjoyed this, especially the accents (yes, I am a sucker for cool accents, shut up) and the fact that you actually cut to the game world when the DM is narrating. It honestly reminds me a lot of my own sessions.
This is definitely up in my favourites for winning, so good luck! =D

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
This has real depth, both in plot and in costumes. I could see this really go somewhere, just as long as it doesn't stray into easy territory with the characters...

Dragonsoulq

Mar 3, 2010
I would fell that the characters are a bit two clichéd (Plastic elf ears?) I think it may have potental and some bits were good but the characters tended to grate when they tried to be funny.

DyeDoe

Nov 3, 2010
I love how the real world characters are like a silly/makeshift version of the fantasy world. It works really well and its nice to see so much effort to link the RL action to the fantasy sequence. I think the plastic elf ears were a great silly reference considering how awesome the fantasy elf costume was! Your imagination is always way more awesome than the real world. Great Job, totally have my vote! ;)

Captain Bobbossa

Jun 1, 2009
This touched me.... I completaly sypathise with that DM as that is what my group was like (but with 8 of them!)

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
That was actually really good. The production quality was impressive and so was the acting I thought.

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
I'd like to see this series replace both Unforgotten Realms, which decided to leave us a while back, and I Hit It With My Axe, which is not very good. Top-notch cinematography, bravo.

I wonder, though; does this series have a plot, like UR?

Tower 87

Oct 14, 2010
Really running for this one guys. There is a really good bunch of videos this year.

Lord_Goose_Man

Oct 17, 2010
Hello Again everyone,

Just to answer a few thoughts, "Tales From The Tables" is definitely intended to be a character, full plot, driven series. We want to be able to expand on these characters as individuals, but also as the group as a whole.

Thanks again for all of your support and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Tower 87

Oct 14, 2010
Who is this aiming to appeal to? I LOVE D&D but I find it really hard to watch other people playing it (I Hit With My Axe is a case in point) After watching "Tales" a few times I noticed that there isn't a huge amount of actual D&D playing (Where as Unforgotten Realms is heavy on it) I think the less is more approach is great for non D&D gamers (and lets face it I think they are the real escapist bread and butter) But how are you going to appeal to the D&D gamers who the show appears to be aimed at? Love to hear your thoughts Lord_Goose_Man and anyone else who thinks I have a fair point.

DyeDoe

Nov 3, 2010
I crack up everytime I watch this! Awesome work guys! You have my vote....sexy...lol

DyeDoe

Nov 3, 2010
Tower 87 said:
Who is this aiming to appeal to? I LOVE D&D but I find it really hard to watch other people playing it (I Hit With My Axe is a case in point) After watching "Tales" a few times I noticed that there isn't a huge amount of actual D&D playing (Where as Unforgotten Realms is heavy on it) I think the less is more approach is great for non D&D gamers (and lets face it I think they are the real escapist bread and butter) But how are you going to appeal to the D&D gamers who the show appears to be aimed at? Love to hear your thoughts Lord_Goose_Man and anyone else who thinks I have a fair point.

I personally am not a D&D player so I don't know much about the technical aspects of the game, but this show looks like it has a great potential to go in either (or both) directions; by that I mean it could have some content that could specifically engage hardcore D&D players but the characters look really interesting and I personally would loved to see their personal stories unfold (maybe with some funny references to their fantasy Avatar's reality too!) I'd hate to see it end up generic and clichéd like some other gaming stories.

I'd also really like to know what's in store for the Dungeon Master....am I the only one who thinks that guy is hot?! About time there was some talent! lol