The Escapist Nicest Member Nominations! (CLOSED please go to voting thread, link in this thread)

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
[HEADING=3]
The Escapist Nicest Member Awards!​
[/HEADING]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I thought I might as well make a thread celebrating the nice people. The people who don't troll and just want to have a bit of fun or want to have a nice mature debate.

So, what makes a person nice. Basically anything they do that's positive, they could of complimented your avatar or said you had a good point.

So Escapees you have to nominate one other member as being the nicest one you have met or seen. Don't make it look like you hate another member, I want this thread positive. If this thread becomes popular I will be making a tally of each member and I shall count them then crown the nicest member of the site!

Rules:
1)No nominating yourself, that's just not nice and it makes my dog frown at you!
2)Try your hardest to find a member to nominate, don't be shy!
3)Don't be too vague. Don't nominate communities. Don't say all members or like 90% of the Escapist.
4)Don't be afraid to nominate someone already nominated.
5)Do not vote for people who aren't on anymore like Aylaine. I know you think there awesome but if they get the award they won't be around to get it, which will make me sad.
6)ONE nomination per person!

TimeLord-8
root_of_all_evil-4
Redlin5-6
Caramel Frappe-11
Zombie Fish
RAKtheundead-2
EeVeeElectro
Miles000
Jimbo1212 [small]lol[/small]
darthpixie
Thundero13-2
Jack and Calumon-7
Monkfish Acc
King of the Sandbox
Palademon
DigitalSushi-2
Nouw
JesterRalin
staika
Pyroguy86
Neferius
Skelon
Jedamethis
JulianKing
Radoh
WafflesAndBacon
mParadox
Xmbts
trollnystan
pyramidheadgrape
sky14kemea
MiracleOfSound
This guy [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view]

So after we have got all the Nominations in (nominations will stop January 1st) I shall make another thread where members can vote on who they think is the nicest. I will then gather the votes and the winner shall be chosen.

[HEADING=3]PLEASE GO TO THIS THREAD TO VOTE ON WHO YOU WANT TO WIN: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.336568-The-Escapist-Nicest-Member-Awards-Voting-Thread[/HEADING]

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
I hate to admit it, but most people/ponies with pony avatars are quite nice.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
I nominate myself! I'm not the nicest guy ever, but hell I may as well try, I respect all those with whome I debate, so I guess that works.

Also OP, your avatar is hilarious...

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
That guy.
You know, that guy who is always nice and doesn't argue with anyone.
Yeah, him.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Octogunspunk said:
I hate to admit it, but most people/ponies with pony avatars are quite nice.
I love you too *Hugs*. I bet you if this thread was about the worst member of this site in the first few posts someone would of said your exact post but with bad replacing nice.

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
Pretty much everyone I've met on this site is a good person. I'm obviously not going to say who is the exception.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
DoomyMcDoom said:
I nominate myself! I'm not the nicest guy ever, but hell I may as well try, I respect all those with whome I debate, so I guess that works.

Also OP, your avatar is hilarious...
Thank you! Also this is a good time to nominate mine. Mine is TimeLord for bothering to take time to make my two last avatars including the one I have now. He also likes Doctor Who, which is awesome.

[EDIT] Post count at 1234! Now I just need to get to 1337!

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
ToastiestZombie said:
Most that I converse with are pretty cool people, I don't know you Toasty, but I noticed that Caramel_Frappe avatar thread and found it quite amusing... and, perhaps fittingly, everyone who posted on that thread is a shining example of ideal Escapism...(!) ... -_-

By the way, I hope your use of the word 'guy' doesn't preclude us from mentioning/expounding the virtues of the women of this site (before someone decides to retort with 'girlz on teh webs - NEVAR!')?

If so, the three people whom I consider my best Esc friends are all girls, so... huh...

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Colour-Scientist said:
Sassafrass said:
That guy.
Yeah, him.
The one who respects everyone's opinions?
Yeah, that guy.
Dude's awesome.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
SckizoBoy said:
ToastiestZombie said:
Most that I converse with are pretty cool people, I don't know you Toasty, but I noticed that Caramel_Frappe avatar thread and found it quite amusing... and, perhaps fittingly, everyone who posted on that thread is a shining example of ideal Escapism...(!) ... -_-

By the way, I hope your use of the word 'guy' doesn't preclude us from mentioning/expounding the virtues of the women of this site (before someone decides to retort with 'girlz on teh webs - NEVAR!')?

If so, the three people whom I consider my best Esc friends are all girls, so... huh...
Oh yeh completely forgot about that. Makes me look a bit sexist, will fix it now.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Colour-Scientist said:
Sassafrass said:
That guy.
Yeah, him.
The one who rarely gets angry, makes people feel good when he's around and never begs for attention? The one who doesn't treat the staff like gods but like regular people and is chummy with the mods?

I love that guy. Who was he again?

[sub][sub]Aylaine, how I miss you.[/sub][/sub]

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Redlin5 said:
Colour-Scientist said:
Sassafrass said:
That guy.
Yeah, him.
The one who rarely gets angry, makes people feel good when he's around and never begs for attention? The one who doesn't treat the staff like gods but like regular people and is chummy with the mods?

I love that guy. Who was he again?

[sub][sub]Aylaine, how I miss you.[/sub][/sub]
The one who just puts annoyances behind them
The one who isn't afraid to have fun on the internet.
The one who doesn't argue, just debates.

[sub][sub]none of those attributes are mine![/sub][/sub]

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Also guys, stop being nice and nominate a few people! I want something to do in terms of tallyin'!

piplink

Mar 11, 2011
pretty much 90% of the escapist's website. every thread there is atleast 1 nice person there helping someone. it's really hard to name one person.

michiehoward

Apr 18, 2010
ToastiestZombie said:
michiehoward said:
Me, I'm the nicest person I've met on the Escapist Forums.
Hey hey there, no nominating yourself. I'm gonna go ahead and put a rules list.
Well though shamed I am to admit it, I have made no friends from the Escapist...Rather, no internet friends. So that leaves me.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Aylaine is my nominee but I do foresee this turning into a bit of a flamewar.

Aylaine was the nicest person I've ever encountered on the entire internet. She was kind, smart, open about herself. She was likely one of the people who pushed for the creation of the advice forum, became a fair mod and left the site with dignity.

On a more personal level she helped me deal with various stressful times during my first two years here and was always a shoulder to lean on. She moved on due to the demands of her changing life but my thoughts are with her whenever the topic of nice people here arises.

She may no longer be active on the site itself but her legacy shouldn't be forgotten.