The Escapist Presents: Live Chat with Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
oh god i feel like such a horrible person right now. I was predicting more than half of Yahtzee's answers... I gotta stop watching zero punctuation

willgreg123

Aug 4, 2008
URGET: PLEASE BE ADVISED
5:41 to 6:04 is corrupt
Sound skips on 'hard'
---
(which is actually kind of funny now that I think about it, considering all of Yahtzee's penis jokes)
---
If there is anyway to fix this, please do so. I know you guys work very hard, so I personaly don't expect it to get fixed super quick, like most people will. But you're not gonna stop hearing about it until it is fixed, I'm afraid. I just wanted to map out where the distortion occurs.
---
If this sound distortion is on purpose, it is not apparent, though I do appologize if it is a joke that went over my head, but I seriously doubt this is a possibility.

willgreg123

Aug 4, 2008
After distortion "This is all vital information for all you Yahtzee stalkers out there."
Aw man! :( Frownie face...

Lol, wouldn't it be hysterical if it had skipped right over him saying seriously personal stuff, like his address, home phone number and credit card information?

...well I think it would be.

Dr Snook

Oct 28, 2007
Horrible interviewer... upbeat, slightly vacant american meets deadpan, monotonal anglo-antipodean. Not a good mix, yet it was still fairly informative. 6.5 out of 10.

Jupsto

Feb 8, 2008
wow skipped the n64 generation?

N64 aged badly? SHUT UP. the gamecube/wii graphics are not even that much better than n64. they have barely changed in comparison to ps1 to ps3.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
I love that the sound cuts out when he talks about QTE's. Also "Zed, not 'zee'". You're an Australian damnit.

left4bed

Feb 14, 2010
Jesus, that was the most AWKWARD VIDEO EVER!!!!

I came to the conclusion:

1: He hates that overly, passive aggressive, narcissistic, American bint with a passion.

2. He accidently had sex with her, when she mistook him for a hairy woman; the shame that never dies.

3. He hates her, (that is obvious), but as she is somehow, his boss, or is shagging his female executive boss, he is totally screwed

4. Yahtzee is actually a total social retard and in fact gets his mum to write the shows. A computer Jamie Oliver as it were, the hat is to hide the box of matches and K-mart underwear.

As I quite like Yahtzee, and had an instant dislike for that: 'Roseanne Barr lady squeezed into a smaller body with none of the humor(?)
She made me cringe, I was hoping someone would suddenly smack her with a fish and yell at Yahtzee to run with all the power his little syndromy legs could muster.

It really felt like, dance bear, dance, as she welded a hot poker and Yahtzee, did his little Yahtzee dance....oooh but the cold silence and the smell of burning bear flesh as Yahtzee started to swear and try to do HIS dance and not her unilaterally pre-agreed Yahtzee dance...

"Dance how we said my ***** bear Yahtzee"

She is really quite unnerving, like the Borg queen but on a really off day, I think she needs an oil change for her kick started Thermos..

krseyffert

Jan 6, 2010
Susan Arendt said:
Ok, having watched a bit of this now, I'm stunned by how quiet the ambient noise in the video was compared to the actual show floor. We basically had to shout at each other to be heard at all - glad to see it wasn't quite so overpowering in the video.
I never noticed the noise from the environment in the video, but it was a little hard to hear what you were saying a few times, when the microphone was pointed away from you as you remarked, or replied to what Yahtzee said.

I quite enjoyed the interview, very insightful. looking forward to Mogworld.

Neosage said:
God, if his bar becomes a reality as soon as I turn 18 I'll be down there.
I'm with you on that one! after i save the money to fly over.

Dexanari

Dec 16, 2009
Even though it's pretty old now, I still found the interview interesting; it was nice to hear Yahtzee speaking at a more regular speed! Though I don't know if it was just me, but it seemed like he kept making this tongue-click-esque noise at points where he stopped to think or change the topic. I initially only noticed it once or twice but by the end I couldn't stop...