The Escapist Presents Loading Ready Run

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
akmarksman said:
you guys didn't seem this jubilant when _____ studio/game company was bought out by EA or Activision..

How is this not the same thing?
Because we're not being bought out?

We're licensing our videos, but we still retain rights and creative control. This is a completely different kind of deal.

We're not sad at all! We're excited about finally actually getting paid for making the video we've been making for six years while juggling the work with normal jobs.

Beatrix

Jul 1, 2009
They'll finally get paid to be awesome?
That's awesome! :D

Does this mean it'll be about videogames more though?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Thats brilliant! To have everything coming into one site will make things so much easier to work with lol.

Great work LLR & Escapist! I look forward to seeing the deals fruition!

akmarksman

Mar 28, 2008
GrahamS said:
Because we're not being bought out?

We're licensing our videos, but we still retain rights and creative control. This is a completely different kind of deal.

We're not sad at all! We're excited about finally actually getting paid for making the video we've been making for six years while juggling the work with normal jobs.
Gotcha.Thanks for clearing that up.

dnadns

Divine Ronin
Jan 20, 2009
GrahamS said:
While following your videos for some years now, I'm very happy that step 10 of this X2Y [http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/468/How-to-LRR] did only glitch in the video.
You guys (and gals) are the true flying circus of these times and I'm eager to see where the journey leads on from here.

Congratulations and keep on putting a smile on a lot of faces around the world!

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Hooray for more Graham and Paul, but some of the Loading ready run I have seen have been extremely average.

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
Freaking awesome! Now when I want to watch awesome things, I can just go to the Escapist all the time.

Zero Punctuation, check.
Unskippable, check.
ENN, check.
Rebecca Mayes Muses, check.
LoadingReadyRun, check.

Now spread it out on every weekday and I won't get any work done! Wooohooo!

bbjbrat

Jun 9, 2009
My query is, how exactly will it affect the videos? im sure the escapist arent going to pay them without getting something in return. However, if its just having the 3 second escapist clip at the beginning of every video, that i could live with. Even a small amount of escapist advertising on the LRR site would be bearable. So, i guess im not really worried, just curious.
But Gratz to all the crew, ive only stumbled upon you since unskippable started, and have fallen in love since.
This is an awesome step up and you truly deserve it.

LRR_Brad

Nov 28, 2009
I am very excited. This is fantastic. Figured I'd better migrate my way over into these forums and say hello.