The Escapist Presents: Starcraft 101: Showdown

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Starcraft 101: Showdown

Team Escapist throws down against Team Escapist in a 2v2 Starcraft 2 match. The teams are Jordan Deam [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Slycne].

Watch Video

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
I'd like to note that as the video guy who put this together, Justin got to pick the matchup. That's all.

Melancholy_Ocelot

Feb 2, 2009
I'll be honest, this was pretty interesting to watch. I've been getting back into the RTS genera with Red Alert 2 lately (never got into Starcraft).

I wouldn't mind seeing more videos like this.

nutgear

Mar 31, 2010
No baneling or hydralisk... :( ... zerglings not that powerful anymore.. colossus army could of been attack by air units for they are tall enough to be shot by air to air and they cant attack air

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
nutgear said:
No baneling or hydralisk... :( ... zerglings not that powerful anymore.. colossus army could of been attack by air units for they are tall enough to be shot by air to air and they cant attack air
I tend to spawn Zerglings if I have extra minerals but not Vespene, because there's no reason NOT to have them (and they're handy for dealing with Immortals), and they're absolutely lethal when fully upgraded.

The trouble was in that match, my vespene was tied up making Mutas, which were over trying to defend Jordan from the Banshees.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Sounds like you guys had some fun! I'm a bit jealous, can't wait to get my hands on this one... It was nice to see some game footage with, well, "non-professionals".
By the way, "glitches"? "luck"? Those are pretty lame excuses! ;)
Ooh, and look at that, "tremendous damage to the zerglings"! *chuckles*

nutgear

Mar 31, 2010
John Funk said:
nutgear said:
I tend to spawn Zerglings if I have extra minerals but not Vespene, because there's no reason NOT to have them (and they're handy for dealing with Immortals), and they're absolutely lethal when fully upgraded.

The trouble was in that match, my vespene was tied up making Mutas, which were over trying to defend Jordan from the Banshees.
Yeah, its hard to say what to do. when its 2v2 and your limited on your intel. You did good man for being harassed all game long.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Very nice to watch. I know the southern team didn't do very well, but it was still a highly entertaining video. I also like watching the lasers!

Serafis

Mar 24, 2010
Can't wait to get my hands on this game either. Looking great. :)

I'm also a total amateur at this game too, and am probably way worse than you guys are. XD

iyaerP

Sep 5, 2008
any possibility of getting the replay file?

So we can review the TERRIBLE TERRIBLE DAMAGE?

Shjade

Chaos in Jeans
Feb 2, 2010
I've never really learned the trick to harassment. It's one of those past-basic tactics I haven't really tried to practice given I'm still figuring out how to get a basic base set up in minimal time. It's so effective when you have it and you really notice the impact when it's all going one way.

Warstratigier

Mar 28, 2009
Its interesting in how battlefield maneuvers and tactics, with the new terrain obstacles and the units that can bypass them, have drastically changed. Even a few units can prove game changing with some well-placed surgical strikes.

snugglesgold

Apr 22, 2009
Much as i hate to go with the herd, yeah good stuff and the best us poor betaless schmucks can do at the moment :)

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Wow, that was really cool to see. The Battle Reports are one thing, since those guys are the professionals, doing what they're paid to do. Watching you guys and your Terrible, Terrible Damage[sup]Tm[/sup] was pretty fun.

Watching that horde of colossi wreak havoc was absolutely joyful. Reminds me of Watching a swarm of carriers and scouts eat the map in SC1.