The Escapist Presents: The Escapists Blow Up The Death Star!

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
I don't know how you guys could cast Susan Arendt for this and NOT have her be Princess Leia! What a missed opportunity...

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Oh, this was pretty fun. Good job on the face editing.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Well, it's not replacing every voice, sound effect and music with horribly dubbed things (like mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIVlXTj435w), but it is a serviceable Star Wars tribute.

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
Awww, I was hoping for Mike Bithell as Han Solo. (If you get that joke, you're awesome).

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I like the fact that you had someone to hold an Imp plush as oppose to have a shot of it and just rotate/ edit the movement to the head shaking.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Susan Arendt stole the whole fucking thing, that was brilliant guys and gals, I can't stop laughing.

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
It always seems so strange this day.
I know it's May the 4th and all (actually only Americans really use that system for dates anyway, all other normal nations call it the 4th of May) and I get the joke.
However, and I know this is purely a Dutch thing but still, on this day the Dutch have a national memorial day with an official period of silence in which they remember all the people that died during the second world war, and subsequently other wars. It's also used to remind people of the horrors of war.

Being Dutch, it just feels off to celebrate a movie on this day for me.

I know this day doesn't have the same meaning to people of other nationality and I don't want the entire world to conform to what 17 million people in a small country hold as a day of importance, but just wanted to throw this out there.

And yes, the video was amusing and I think you're all great people.

But yeah.
By the way, tomorrow is liberation day, in which the Dutch celebrate their liberation.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
If you're going to have Grumpy Cat on that, make it the Emperor! More funny that way.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
"Luke, at that speed do you think you'll be able to pull out in time?"
"Pull out Wedge, you can't do any more good back there!"
"Negative, it didn't go in. It just impacted on the surface."

You guys missed a serious opportunity of having Paul be the annoying "that's what she said" guy that everyone in unison yells at to shut up.

Ah well. I love how it looks like everyone's sitting in the real pilot's laps. Can I just say this all had near perfect casting?
Bob as Darth Vader, Lisa as Luke, Susan as the cute little droid, Jim as Hamsteak, Grumpy Cat as Tarkin, and Ben as Ben.

So damn cheesy that it becomes indisputably awesome. May the 4th be with you, guys!

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
The whole time I couldn't shake the feeling that the Escapists were just sitting in the laps of the pilots.

It's a little uncanny. I don't exactly know what I'm supposed to think about that.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
That was just the best thing ever, and I giggled quite a bit.

Good job guys. :D

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Jim playing Porkins, I bet that was his idea. Lisa nailed the whininess of Luke perfectly. Also I can't imagine having Yahtzee be the disembodied voice in my head, I'd probably have insanely low self-esteem in under a week as he criticized every last thing I did.