The Escapist Presents: Tour the Fortress

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
The Austin said:
I officially know where I want to work.

Was it just me, or did the "Community" section of the office give off a serious vibe of awesome?
We call it the "Light" section of the office. Honestly, they had to turn on the ceiling lights for the tour on the "Dark" section where editorial/art/IT play work.

Another thing that was generally missing was the amount of headphones and music listening that goes on. Obviously folks had to be ready to turn around and speak on camera so no one was wearing headphones (cept Louis, but he had his thinking cap on).

PayJ567 said:
I liked the guys in the dark room. Do you ever let them out?
The GMs (Game Masters) work on various support stuff across the company, but are mainly known for being the first line of defense for the awesome game, Wizard 101 (a kid-oriented MMO[footnote]I played it for awhile, don't be afraid to check it out just because you are older, it's still really fun.[/footnote]). While the video implies otherwise, those guys are the least creepiest and most patient of the folks here.

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
PayJ567 said:
Kuliani said:
PayJ567 said:
The GMs (Game Masters) work on various support stuff across the company, but are mainly known for being the first line of defense for the awesome game, Wizard 101 (a kid-oriented MMO[footnote]I played it for awhile, don't be afraid to check it out just because you are older, it's still really fun.[/footnote]). While the video implies otherwise, those guys are the least creepiest and most patient of the folks here.
Awesome, I was under the impression they were kept in a dark cold room for the interests of science and gambling. Like everyone in the office had a bet on the day in which they would crack or something... I was grossly mis-informed by the video.
I didn't say they were nice; if you look one of them in the eye, they will cut you.

Dragon-Byte

May 21, 2009
Interestingly enough, the editorial staff seem to be the happiest campers in the whole building.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Newton, it's a shame your collection is all boxed, because it occurs to me we could set up one freakin' awesome diorama.

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
Such a happy office, man, I wish I could work there. Who knows? Maybe you'll become big enough and make a UK office! :D Here's to another 5 years!

Calumon: And here's to 10 more years after that!
Yes. To worldwide Escapist office domination! It must go NC, UK, Canada(maybe), Japan(They would be the people we never ever hear from) Then a "team" somewhwre in the caribean, presumably on the beach, not doing a lot of work.

OT:
Yay susan, my pony-loving love. I am jealous of the E-pony. After I make a guitar, an E will be necessary. Maybe an electric guitar with the neckboard attaching to the E.. completely badass. I would make a copy and send it to you guys.

Even though I remember seeing videos of the Escapist office, I had this strong feeling it was a very large amount of empty cubicles taking up a massive warehouse. And alot of pictures of random people...

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
Kuliani said:
PayJ567 said:
Kuliani said:
PayJ567 said:
Awesome, I was under the impression they were kept in a dark cold room for the interests of science and gambling. Like everyone in the office had a bet on the day in which they would crack or something... I was grossly mis-informed by the video.
I didn't say they were nice; if you look one of them in the eye, they will cut you.
The reason the room has to stay cold is because if it warms up the corpses start stinking to high heaven.

We are like the Ty Cobb of the office...minus the racism.

Myan

I Want to Go to There!
Dec 16, 2003
jasoncyrus said:
Wow, so escapist staff are allowed to play WoW at work? damn, wish i could :(
Yes, yes we are [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101803-Play-WoW-with-Doraleous-and-Associates] ;) And yes, we love our jobs.

lewism247

Aug 1, 2009
Very nice, I enjoyed seeing the inner workings of the escapist

A few comments

Funk: How much did that cost you?

Pitts: Mafia poster. Awesome.

Louis: Nice hat

Slycne: Sup Vik'nar

SaunaKalja

Sep 18, 2009
I thought you were all Internet People, living and working in the Internet. Nice tour regardless.

And happy birthday! \o/

CaptainCrunch

Imp-imation Department
Jul 21, 2008
ColdStorage said:
Mr.Wiggles said:
Nice to see some of the people who dont often get a chance to star in videos!
Indeed, sound guy had a face on him like "ITS MY TIME TO SHINE!"
I actually show up pretty often, but rarely say anything memorable. I was really excited to show off my awesome Batman picture though, since the guy that drew it is one of a handful of people I've met who share my opinion of the latest Bat-films.

(Shameless plug: http://www.facebook.com/pages/BUNNIES-ON-FIRE/114144352737 )

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
I think my dream job was just shown to me...

My whole life has been a waste until now. I must go there!