The Escapist Wants to Celebrate the Holidays With You!

Lauren Admire

Rawrchiteuthis
Aug 8, 2008
The Escapist Wants to Celebrate the Holidays With You!

Cheers for the Holiday season! Here at The Escapist, we thought you deserved something special, as a gift, from our house to yours.

Each day leading up to December 25th, a new panel on this calendar [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/advent] will alight with a number. Click on the lighted panels and you'll be taken to a different page. Each day is something new. Maybe something you've never seen before. Maybe a new installment of an old favorite column or video series.

On December 25th, the last panel will alight, and if you've clicked all 25 boxes, you'll get a special Holiday 2009 badge for your forum profile. Only registered users get the badge, but once you're registered all you have to do is click. And wait. OK, the waiting sucks. But the clicking ... it's easy.

To register for The Escapist, click here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/global/registration/register.php].

Happy Holidays from The Escapist!

Geamo

Aug 27, 2008
Hah, nice! Although there's a typo -
Lauren Admire said:
On December 25th, the last box will alight, and if you've clicked all 25 boxes, you'll get a special Holiday 2010 badge for your forum profile.
When on the actual advent calender it's written as "2009". I'm just being nitpicky though. Great idea, looking forward to opening it all!

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, damn you, Escapist!
You've combined a thing I love and a thing I hate into one package.
See, I love badges, but not Christmas. Ah, I'll go along with it for fun anyway.

Merry humbug to you all.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Props to the artist, the advent calendar looks awesome. However, currently it just serves as a really round-a-bout way to get to things easily accessible from the front page.

Tharticus

Dec 10, 2008
Happy Holidays to the Escapists. Of course, it wouldn't be bad having those 2008 holiday badges.

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
Sounds like a bit of fun to brighten up the season! Happy holidays, everybody! That goes for you guys on the tech side of the site, too!
Simalacrum said:
wait, so now we have to make effort to get our badges?

...actually, considering I was complaining that badges were becomming too easy to acquire, sweet!

I would say merry christmas... but considering my job (performing juggler), christmas is the busiest time of the year for me... lol...
It's actually easier than, say, the "Starring Mike Patton" badge for Unskippable. You have to click 45 things there, rather than 25 things here.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Yay! The Escapist is not afraid of offending people with Christmas stuff. Sure it called "Holiday", but its an advent calendar and ends on Christmas.

Thanks. Although, are the boxes supposed to close up again every time I visit the page?

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
wait, so now we have to make effort to get our badges?

...actually, considering I was complaining that badges were becomming too easy to acquire, sweet!

I would say merry christmas... but considering my job (performing juggler), christmas is the busiest time of the year for me... lol...

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Can I just ask, do we need to open each box on the day? My reason for asking is that I won't be able to get the badges if we have to, since I'm going on holiday for a few days during the Christmas period and won't be able to go online during those days as a result.

Merry Christmas anyway.

"The world will look up and shout "Merry Christmas!", and I'll whisper "Ho Ho Ho"."

EDIT: When was the Calendar added to the site? As day one won't stay open (I suspect it's because I didn't click it on day one) and I don't think anyone knew about it or if it was even up yesterday for this event, which may be a bit of a problem when it comes to people getting a badge for opening every box.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Geamo said:
Hah, nice! Although there's a typo -
Lauren Admire said:
On December 25th, the last box will alight, and if you've clicked all 25 boxes, you'll get a special Holiday 2010 badge for your forum profile.
When on the actual advent calender it's written as "2009". I'm just being nitpicky though. Great idea, looking forward to opening it all!
Grr. Apparently our editors are under the impression that copy provided by the EIC should be considered holy writ and naturally free of errors. Sadly, this is not true, of course :-/

By which, I mean to say that the screwup was mine, not Lauren's. Her article publishing skills are sublime. My typing skills, however ... less so.

Anyway, thanks for spotting the typo!

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Love the advent calender, it's cute seeing all the stuff from the escapist in it.