The Escapist - What made you stay?

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I think at the time I was forum-less for a while, after ditching my first regular geek forum, GamerzPlanet.net. Oh yeah, with a z. What can I say, I was a teenager. If I recall correctly the community sort of fell apart so I lost a place to talk about nerdy stuff.

And then, of course through ZP, I found these forums and to my great surprise the community at the time actually liked listening to me word-vomiting about nerd shit. So what the heej, I stuck around so I could have a place to vacate my thoughts from time to time.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
I guess I still find this community better than the majority of the internet, and I've invested somewhat in my online presence here.

I know there are millions of forums out there, but I can only be an active part in a few, so unless someone can point me to a forum that's BETTER than this one...

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Surprisingly, the forums (And Yahtzee of course). I like to go discussion fishing on these forums. Trolling is practically nonexistent, so honest discussions are very easy to have. Still, I do my best to steer clear of topics that breed self-righteousness. It's hard to have a discussion in that environment.

With that said, some are probably shaking your heads in disappointment to hear that this is the best forum I've managed to find for discussion. Let me know if you know of any better forum communities for both gaming and non-gaming discussions.

I also like the forums for the occasional creativity or self-expression threads. In the end, I just like threads that make me think.