The Escapist's Final Fantasy Cosplay Gallery

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
While I myself am not interested in cosplay (and i probably wouldn't do it if I were asked to), I really respect the effort these guys do to cosplay. The pictures were very amusing.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Vortigar said:
A Lenna!
*Vorty does a little dance.
I hold FF5 up as the best of the series and fight its underratedness whenever I can.
I sat here for 5 minutes trying to figure out who exactly Lenna was, I managed to get 5 confused with 6 then realized I didn't remember her because Galuf is way cooler.

I think all the heterosexual males that viewed the gallery will agree with me that the Tifa's boobs were definitely not big enough. Not a shot at the ladies doing the cosplay but can anyone tell me that the first time they saw Tifa in VII the size of her boobs wasn't the first thing they noticed.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
The surprise: A few of those costumes genuinely impressed me with their excellent craftsmanship.

The un-surprise: Essentially no-one made them look good.

Wes1180

Wes1180
Jul 25, 2009
I'm just glad to see people dressing as characters from FF VIII I loved that one, although none from IX :(

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
The Auron pics(1, 23) and FFXIII group shot (pic5) were my faves, but I give serious props to all of them for the sheer dedication they put into making their costumes.
+ Isn't pic6 O'aka XXIII from FFX/X-2?
+ I think the guy next to Lightning is Kadaj from Advent Children.

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:

This is actually just the main cast from 8-Bit Theater, methinks.

Except for the penguin.

That would explain the lack of Black Belt, as he's a very minor character.

Or it could just be FF1. I'm happy either way!
Yeah I'd say 8BT was the intention here. And Blackbelt wasn't just minor, he was dead, for good, no take backsies.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Wow... some of those are really impressive!

Sometimes I wish I could pull something like that off, but...I only really could for characters that I don't like. :(

HyperEffective

May 12, 2010
I only find cosplaying acceptable when they're not obvious to non-gamers. Like Rinoa in the 2nd pic, she could be mistaken for a fashion student, etc.

Tifa (27) is good as well. Too many look like they're wearing plastic...

theminiarkana

Nov 23, 2009
About the Nero cosplay...
Um....it's...it's a girl...and it's me....
XD
Thanks for the previous comment about it though! XD

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
The clear heals on that shiva costume is really clever and creates an awsome effect. Got to give mad props to these costums.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
I... Uhh... Wow.. Yur purty. xP

Very sweet costumes all around, but let's see someone pull of an Esper from FFXII.

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
Definitely happy to see the Shadow cosplay, given how rare FF6 cosplays are. I've seen more than enough VII and VIII costumes to last me a lifetime.

AwesomeExpress

Packages Delivered: 84 / 1900
Feb 4, 2010
It's incredible how much work some of these people put into these costumes.. but I'm glad they do because the outcome is just as incredible.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Too much cosplay from Final Fantasy VIII, not enough from VI.

Oh come on, we all know that one character from 6 could own every character from 8.