The Escapist's New Background

Electrogecko

Apr 15, 2010
Arkley said:
The Escapist's site designers have clearly compromised their artistic integrity, and thus the artistic integrity of all site designs, by buckling to fan demand for a less shitty site design.
Lol I can't believe it took 27 comments.

Arkley

Mar 12, 2009
Electrogecko said:
Arkley said:
The Escapist's site designers have clearly compromised their artistic integrity, and thus the artistic integrity of all site designs, by buckling to fan demand for a less shitty site design.
I can't believe people didn't get it. I wasn't exactly subtle, and those who followed in making the joke were even less so. I feel bad about upsetting Nasrin though, since it's clear a lot of hard work went into this for no reason other than to do something nice for their fans.

For whatever it's worth, the new designs are actually great.

Electrogecko

Apr 15, 2010
Arkley said:
Electrogecko said:
Arkley said:
I can't believe people didn't get it. I wasn't exactly subtle, and those who followed in making the joke were even less so. I feel bad about upsetting Nasrin though, since it's clear a lot of hard work went into this for no reason other than to do something nice for their fans.

For whatever it's worth, the new designs are actually great.
I agree.

I like how the apocalypse one looks like the default got old and decayed.

It's just funny because it was the first thing that I thought to say as I was reading the article and it seemed like gold...I would've guessed it would be too predictable if anything.

Funny how it didn't go over well for the opposite reason.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
The Escapist looks like The Escapist again! AND doesn't make my eyes hurt any more!

Great work, everybody. Thank you.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
yay no more silly news panel rotating faster than you read the titles let alone press one one.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
I have a small problem. I selected a few backgrounds (to see what the options were).
In the end i selected Apocalypse. The problem is that it randomly sometimes changes itself to "puppies" (it wouldn't be a big problem if it didn't give me a headache).

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
thanks I really like the ZP black background! the dog background looks like it,s done by the guy that did the art for the Scott Pilgrim game.

Areani

Dec 18, 2008
My eyes aren't burned out of my skull when I visit here anymore. This is a good thing.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Nasrin said:
Arkley said:
Please take care to phrase your criticisms respectfully.
I'm pretty sure that it was a ME3 joke.
OP: Sweet. I had already fixed the background problem myself, but this is still awesome.

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
Nasrin said:
Fireworks and a darker text background for me.

Thanks for the change. Much better.

Out of curiosity, why did it take so long? No doubt it's not a simple flick of a switch and a lot of planning and tweaking went into it. But it seems like a life-time ago that the "oh god, my eyes" posts happened and people complained.

I thought it was fine before. But this is great.

*thumbs up*

Captcha: stool pigeon

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I got really scared when it changed back.
Had gotten used to the new background(after you gave us slightly darker choices), but it's great to see the old dark blue one back again. Many thanks!

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
Kyogissun said:
Oh hey, the site kinda looks like how it used to... You know, that is the format that didn't need changing.

HOW AWESOME.

...But seriously, glad it's not eye gouging white anymore. The site gradually improved with time and the restoration of the classic background is a welcome addition.

Now, for the love of GOD, please do NOT change the god damn format AGAIN. This is FINE.

DO
NOT
FUCKING
CHANGE
IT
AGAIN.

Please...

XDravond

Something something....
Mar 30, 2011
Thank you, for a while I thought I gonna have to go back on "so-you-don't-see-things"-pills ;)... But that ehm "dog-theme" were, well, extremely seizure inducing... I know a few people I'm going to "help" with the backgrounds... :):D

Having options is really nice some people like it light, I prefer dark and options like this makes it possible. Hope it doesn't mess up the code/servers to much by letting us have so many options ;)...