The Escapist's New Background

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Nasrin said:
Fireworks and a darker text background for me.

Thanks for the change. Much better.

Out of curiosity, why did it take so long? No doubt it's not a simple flick of a switch and a lot of planning and tweaking went into it. But it seems like a life-time ago that the "oh god, my eyes" posts happened and people complained.

I thought it was fine before. But this is great.

*thumbs up*

Captcha: stool pigeon
We were busy fixing our flux capacitor! And also, it's complex work tinkering with the website.

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
Nasrin said:
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Nasrin said:
Fireworks and a darker text background for me.

Thanks for the change. Much better.

Out of curiosity, why did it take so long? No doubt it's not a simple flick of a switch and a lot of planning and tweaking went into it. But it seems like a life-time ago that the "oh god, my eyes" posts happened and people complained.

I thought it was fine before. But this is great.

*thumbs up*

Captcha: stool pigeon
We were busy fixing our flux capacitor! And also, it's complex work tinkering with the website.
Must be a lot more complicated than I had thought. I suppose there's a lot of levels you have to go through and a lot of boxes to check before work can even begin actually making the art.

Ah well. It's here now and it's awesome. I foresee a new background every day for me. They are all so nice.

Except the puppies. So many puppies...

Spaceparanoid42

Oct 29, 2010
Nasrin said:
Spaceparanoid42 said:
Oh, no! They changed the website because the users wanted them to? But that destroys The Escapist's artistic integrity! They made an artistic decision to have the website the way it was before, and now they've caved in to the demands of the whiny fan-boys instead! This could set a dangerous precedent for future websites! It could set the entire medium of web design back 10 years! How will anyone take Websites seriously as an Art-Form if they're subject to the whims of over-entitled fans?

/sarcasm

Seriously though, I like the new background.
Okay seriously guys, what is with all this artistic integrity satire? We're trying to do something nice for you, please accept it graciously and don't be so hard on the art team.

EDIT: But really, is this a reference to something specific? It's the third or fourth time I've seen that.

DOUBLE EDIT: Oh! Mass Effect... right, how could I forget.. carry on sir!
Thank you my good madam! I would like to apologize for the misunderstanding. I did not in any way mean to insult the art team. I agree that they've done a nice job. Yes, you are correct. Some of us are just having a little fun with the Mass Effect controversy. ;)