The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
And everyone who was in the air on planes. I think the figure is that at any given time there are a million people in the skies. And everyone who was on a boat. Or in a car and just appearing on a major highway.

Yeah even if Endgame brought everyone back, several million of them died immediately upon returning.
I can't find the exact source, but I recall hearing that Kevin Fiege said anyone who was in a potentially dangerous situation upon unsnapping, such as in a plane, wouldn't appear exactly where they snapped from, but instead the nearest safe location.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I can't find the exact source, but I recall hearing that Kevin Fiege said anyone who was in a potentially dangerous situation upon unsnapping, such as in a plane, wouldn't appear exactly where they snapped from, but instead the nearest safe location.
Oh I had heard the opposite, that people in dangerous locations reappeared in that exact location.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Um, not really.

If I watch Iron Man 1, 2, 3, then I'd be left wondering what the heck happened in New York for instance, and why Tony's so torn up over it.

Similarly, if I only watched Captain America movies, I could get to Civil War and ask "wait, who the heck are these people?"

I could piece stuff together, maybe, but the linkage is still there.
I think past a certain point it doesn't matter anymore. Obviously there're tiers of "importance" within the MCU, and the TV stuff is at the bottom of the barrel.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I think past a certain point it doesn't matter anymore. Obviously there're tiers of "importance" within the MCU, and the TV stuff is at the bottom of the barrel.
I certainly agree that TV would be of lower importance, though that's arguably for the best.

Makes me wonder though - you could probably go from Endgame to "Captain America 4," find Sam as Cap, and put two and two together. However, if Walker turns up, then we're in for some iffy stuff potentially.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
I don't really understand how they got the flag smashers so wrong. With many current world problems like nationalism and refugee crises being solved only to be kinda maliciously brought back one the Blip was stopped they should be way more sympathetic then they currently are. There's even a scene of UN diplomats maliciously conspiring to force back migrants they previously accepted, by force of need be and I still feel very little for Karli and co.

No one seems to think the Flag Smashers are very likable or interesting, yet with their motivations and the world building surrounding it should have been incredibly easy to make them well received.
Well honestly the problem is the politics behind the development. If you want an honest version of the Flag Smashers look at the situation going on around covid in places like India, Hungary and Hong Kong and that is how a group like Flag Smashers would be formed during the Blip is because the repressive measures to control the situation became so unbearable that people decided to fight back or flee for greener pastures

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
I certainly agree that TV would be of lower importance, though that's arguably for the best.

Makes me wonder though - you could probably go from Endgame to "Captain America 4," find Sam as Cap, and put two and two together. However, if Walker turns up, then we're in for some iffy stuff potentially.
Or wondering why Sharon Carter is all the sudden a villain.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012

I think I'd see some dude dressed as Cap and acting like a maniac and would also put two and two together. You don't need more than a couple of lines for context. Now I'd get more of a kick for recognizing him and being a part of this bigger thing, because more than just movies or shows Disney sells a social experience that lets people feel included and involved in the superhero equivalent of The Truman Show (but with better contracts). But at the end of the day we're always dealing with an alien invasion of some sort so it's not rocket science just because I skip on holding pattern movies/shows.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
So, this is part of my problem with the whole of the MCU for a while now, and can be summed up with Sharon Carter's 'arc'; the constant repetition of ideas. This is the third time we have had Carter in an MCU property, and the third time they pulled the 'character X is actually Y!' shit with her.

Winter Soldier: Roger's neighbor actually works for SHIELD and is Agent 13! "Bwuh?!"
Civil War: Agent 13 is actually Sharon Carter and related to Peggy Carter! "Bwuh?!"
Falcon and Winter Soldier: Sharon Carter is actually the Power Broker! "Bwuh?!"

Can't wait for the next time we see her to find out that she's actually an alien or some shit.

Gyrobot

May 13, 2020
Honestly I think the Power Broker should had been your typical corrupt white man who is clearly using the crisis to line his own pockets. But genderswapping the villains is least worrying problem. At least I got a neat reference to Ulrike Madoff with Karli

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
So, this is part of my problem with the whole of the MCU for a while now, and can be summed up with Sharon Carter's 'arc'; the constant repetition of ideas. This is the third time we have had Carter in an MCU property, and the third time they pulled the 'character X is actually Y!' shit with her.

Winter Soldier: Roger's neighbor actually works for SHIELD and is Agent 13! "Bwuh?!"
Civil War: Agent 13 is actually Sharon Carter and related to Peggy Carter! "Bwuh?!"
Falcon and Winter Soldier: Sharon Carter is actually the Power Broker! "Bwuh?!"

Can't wait for the next time we see her to find out that she's actually an alien or some shit.
Why would the first two be surprises? Isn’t that exactly who she is in the comics?

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Why would the first two be surprises? Isn’t that exactly who she is in the comics?
Sure, but the films still treat it as a surprise. I even thought that they did the whole "she's a Carter" reveal at the end of Winter Soldier, but turns out they saved it for Civil War.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Honestly I think the Power Broker should had been your typical corrupt white man who is clearly using the crisis to line his own pockets. But genderswapping the villains is least worrying problem. At least I got a neat reference to Ulrike Madoff with Karli
I was kinda thinking it'd be Thunderbolt Ross trying to get his own team of Avengers after they told him to go fuck himself in Infinity War.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

I'm indifferent towards most fan shipping, but as long as the people doing it aren't obnoxious a-holes about it, I don't care. That said I don't like the other extreme either for people to make things far that are against shipping, because of personal or religious beliefs, or because they're obsessed with this one actor and want him or her to remain "pure" or whatever.​

Gyrobot

May 13, 2020
A side effect of our entertainment industry looking for more LGBTQ+ representation is that something like Falcon and Winter Soldier is going to be a prime example as it was also a very political series for a MCU work.