The first album you bought?

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
Hooray for Boobies - Bloodhound Gang. I wanted the song "Mope" which was also the first song I fell in love with. Not quite sure why. It's groovy though.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
Jamiroquai - Traveling Without Moving. "Virtual Insanity" was a fairly big hit when I was in 7th grade. Come to find out that the CD had a lot of other really good songs on it. Sort of gave me that love of listening to stuff all the way though instead of just one song over and over again (like the rest of my family). The Star Wars references made me happy at the time, too. I ended up buying all of their stuff once I got older and had disposable income. That one was probably them at their best...

Another fun memory just popped into my head, too. When I was a 7th grader, I thought to myself that it would make great makeout music. Flash forward to age 24 when I was just about to make out with a girl for the first time.... "You got any music you can put on?" Good times. Thanks for that Jay Kay.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Barenaked Ladies' album "Stunt"

still one of the best CDs I've ever owned.

I've been a BNL fan ever since (well...I was before I bought the album, but still)

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
Shit I think it was either Slipknots self titled album or an Iron Maiden album. Actually it could have been Korns take a look in the mirror I honestly don't remember. Oh and I was like in 1st or 2nd grade around this time... I was an interesting kid.

Dethenger

Jul 27, 2011
Well, buying albums isn't really a thing I did because any music I listened to I bummed off my parents/ older siblings, and when iTunes came around I still listened to whatever music my older siblings got. I've only ever purchased one album, on iTunes: George Carlin's Parental Advisory: Explicit Lyrics. No regrets.

PunkyMcGee

A Clever Title
Apr 5, 2010
Green Day's Dookie

I was 6, that was about 19 years ago (damn I'm old) but, it started me on the path to be the Punky I am today.

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
I forget if my first was the Men in Black soundtrack or Ozzy Osbourne's No More Tears (not affiliated with Johnson and Johnson). Looking back I wonder why I bought MiB.

Lybs

Nov 8, 2010
First album i bought was properly black album with Metallica.
I had to cover Enter Sandman LONG AGO as a lesson in during music-class and it was "simplified" so beginners would be able to play the song so I decided to checked out the original cut and it blew me away

Wereduck

Jun 17, 2010
I think it was "Are You Experienced" by Jimi Hendrix ...and if it wasn't then it should have been.
Although my tastes have subsequently run more toward punk, triphop and Italian opera it's still one of my all-time faves.

LollzRoyce42

Aug 15, 2011
Daft Punk's "Alive 1997". If that doesn't count as an 'album' per se, then I would say Led Zeppelin I.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
I don't recall the first album I bought, but I vividly remember the first album that was mine. I got Daft Punk's Discovery for my birthday. Still my favourite album of all time.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
oh man, that's a long long long long time ago,
before the wind before the snow
Nah I kid, The Peppers were my fathers love, I picked it up from him. The first album I myself bought because I wanted to must have been the first black eyed peas album. I listen to their music no longer. The first CD I bought that I still agree with must be Ecliptica, by Sonata Arctica. Easily their best work.

The last CD I bought was 'The Man Who Sold Himself', by O5ric and Gavin Harrison.
I had quite the musicl journey. This was a week ago. I can really recommend it if you're into jazz with a slightly metal ring to it.

DrgoFx

Aug 30, 2011
The first album I personally ever bought on my own? It was a Blink-182 album, I think their "greatest hits" or something...They had just broken up I think when I started listening to them. Eventually that lead to Linkin Park, then that kind of spiraled into Papa Roach, Disturbed, Dope, followed by several christian rock bands and then of course "oldies" or classic rock from my parents, like Alice Cooper or ACDC or Aerosmith, you know.

ubersyanyde

Dec 9, 2011
I can't remember exactly the first one I bought. It was either Demon Days by Gorillaz (I've since bought all of their albums) or American Idiot by Green Day. I fell in love with both of these bands as soon as I heard their music.

Before I had actually bought any albums out of personal choice I found The Fat of the Land by Prodigy among my dad's extensive northern soul collection. This probably explains my love of most EDM I hear.

Slightly related: The only other instance where I've bought all a band's albums was with Slipknot. I had a bit of an emo phase when I was 12 and it's now the only metal I can really listen to.