The first game you ever played?

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Probably Zanac EX on MSX. Really popular computer in the Netherlands in the 80s. A lot of companies had their early titles on the system; Konami, Activision, Compile etc I also really liked Kojima's first game, Penguin Adventure.

Reactions: Kae

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Yea, I can't remember what it was since I have been playing since I was an infant. Most likely a racing game since my Dad always played those. My dad left me his video game collection when he passed away so I have like all the consoles ever that I played throughout my childhood. I do remember being young and playing this one game he had me play that was on ColecoVision, Venture, that reminded me of early Zelda that I apparently fell out of my chair leaning over trying to run away from the hall monsters. I loved that game. XD
Ah, that jingle brings me back memories.

Two of the first games I remember playing are Donkey Kong Jr, and Subroc.

I definitely was too young to know what was happening on the screen, but I always found the dramatic image of the missile close-up right before you died very amusing...

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Ah, that jingle brings me back memories.

Two of the first games I remember playing are Donkey Kong Jr, and Subroc.

I definitely was too young to know what was happening on the screen, but I always found the dramatic image of the missile close-up right before you died very amusing...
Even without hitting play on that I can hear the subrock sound effects in my head. LMAO!

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Kiss chase. But she grabbed me by the balls. And i wasnt even playing. So. Not sure if that escalation was meant as an official induction for me, but it certainly is the earliest memory of a participation in "games." Not a pleasant one either.

Err, ooh wait...no, i meant Cyberpunk 2077, you know that one the kids keep talking about!

...?

...Mario?

Maybe Streets of Rage, or Ecco, really not sure.

Leave me alone!

Meshakhad

Legacy
Sep 29, 2020
Country
Combined Syndicates of America
It was probably some educational game like Math Blaster. I don't remember. Or maybe that Space Cadet Pinball thing.

The first non-educational video game I remember playing was a space shooter called Fury^3 (as in "Fury to the power of three").

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
It was Pong. On a Tele-games Sears Sports Center. It was around 1980 or so.
I played Pong, but it wasn't my first. It was later when my Dad took it out of the box in the closet to show me how boring games USED to be. XD

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I cannot say for certain, but I can make an educated guess.

It was either something on PC, or on the Sega Mega Drive.

So I would say either Age of Empires 1, Baldur's Gate, or something like Sonic, Alex Kidd or Gunstar Heroes.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
It's quite possible there was something before this, but the first game that I really remember and that made an impression on me was Star Fox 64. My mom's friend had two sons who were older than me that plopped me in front of their N64 primarily to get me to leave them alone. I was terrible and couldn't get passed the third level for the longest time (F you Star Wolf) but I couldn't get enough. That opened the floodgates and the N64 was my first console next Christmas.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Pretty sure it was Golden Axe on an arcade machine at a big supermarket in the city where my grandma lived

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I want to say it was some PGA Golf game I used to play with my grandfather and uncle. Or Pro Golf it may have been. The other one was Aldo, a sort of Mario/Donkey Kong knock off.