The first game you played

MonkeySlayer

Feb 13, 2008
MichaelH said:
Wow I feel old. Some sort of Atari 2600 game whose name has been lost to the mists of time. It had...spaceships?
lol me too. My 2600 had Galaxian, Pitfall, Centipede, f14 tomcat, phoenix... cant remember which I played first tbh, but ahhhh... memories. Might go and set it up again right now.

Shotaro

Jul 15, 2008
Super Mario Bros on Christmas Day 1990 I finished it that day (I think, I was 5 and refused to move until I had beaten it) Then I played the marvel that was Duck Hunt and that fucking dog.

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
Pokemon Blue version on the gameboy color when I was about five years old. The graphics were so bad, I had trouble differentiating between a bulbasaur and a shrub.

Khedive Rex

Jun 1, 2008
I think it was battle toads if you mean first game played on a console. I played with my brother and we both were terrible. It was either that or Bubsy Bobcat, a game which has been lost in the mists of time.

Wraithsight

[PREFSTRING:insanity]
Jul 6, 2008
Pong, on some sort of black and white, stand-alone console which dident have a proper control pad as you would think now days, just a single turning section on top of a stick and one button on the handle (think like a mikephone shape basicly).

Oh gods I feel old now...

wewontdie11

May 28, 2008
Duck Hunter for the Super Nintendo. God I loved that game, I must have been about 7 when I got it.

alygishere

Jun 17, 2008
i think my first game was cave man(or something like that) , anyway i used to play it about half a day for a month bbecause it was my first game :-D

Maddenfreak

Jul 15, 2008
My first game I ever played was NHL 01 for the PS1, I played it so many times that it went to crap,New Jersey Devils Kick ASS!!!!

irishdelinquent

Jan 29, 2008
It was either some crappy Pac-man ripoff on an ancient PC (it was supposedly related to Tom Sawyer somehow) or Duck Hunt

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
Either pong on the old dial-based machine which Wraith mentions or some Zeplin-era game on the C64. I remember Zeplin was the win, along with Jump Man and Forbidden Forest.

Oh and Congo Bongo. All that was when I was about 4, so... mid-to-late 80's?

00exmachina

Feb 21, 2008
let's see this is probably going to be one of those proving how old you are moment,

Defender on the commador 64 - The game got a lot easier if you killed all of the people then went after the ufo's, I think I was 4

FLSH_BNG

May 27, 2008
Wolfenstien 3D for DOS back in '93...

even got one of the limited Apogee releases... only like 100 of them sold.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
I think it was 'Head over Heels' on an old Amstrad; can't remember any details, and since the game itself came on two disks with nine other games I'm not sure which was the first game I EVER played.

Khedive Rex

Jun 1, 2008
Khedive Rex said:
I think it was battle toads if you mean first game played on a console. I played with my brother and we both were terrible. It was either that or Bubsy Bobcat, a game which has been lost in the mists of time.
I'M WRONG!!! Oh it all came back to me in a flash! It was for the super nintendo and it was some ... goofy rip-off. He had a kid (max I think) and they were on an island, and it was sort of like legend of zelda in a way. You would run around and try to get new peices of equipment so you could get to new places. It was two player and my older brother wanted help so he sort of forced me to play. It had a grappling hook and a shovel and stuff and I always used the grappling hook. It was kind of like a puzzle game.

I loved that game! I haven't thought about it in years! Thanks for reminding me.

SteinFaust

Jun 30, 2008
some anonymous Japanese upscroller where the planes shoot lightning and horrendously large lazer beams at other planes when they're not shooting at 'boss' planes roughly the size of football arenas. joystick + 2 buttons (1=machine gun, 2=ridiculous super power). I think it was called "Raiden-" something.