The FOOD (& Drink) Thread

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I should have taken a picture, made my Thanksgiving shepard's pie last weekend. Uncooked sage bread stuffing lining the bottom of an oiled pan. Layer of fresh peas, green beans, corn, and carrots. Latticed with marinated turkey breast strips and topped with a layer of mashed potatoes. Bake until potatoes go golden brown on top. Rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice and serve... awesome.
Sounds amazing. Similarly, we made "Thanksgiving in a Crockpot" a few weeks ago. It's basically every staple from a traditional Thanksgiving dinner: turkey (though we opted for chicken,) mashed potatoes, green beans, stuffing, gravy, and some other stuff I can't recall, all layered in a crockpot making for effectively a hearty Thanksgiving stew. I was skeptical, but it turned out REALLY good, and it was easy to make. We'll do it again, for sure. I wouldn't mind it replacing our actual Thanksgiving meal from now on, but trying to sell our relatives on such heresy would be a tall order.

XsjadoBlaydette

Piss-Drinking Nazi Wine-Mums
May 26, 2022
Country
Wales
promise it isn't just another weird human heart experiment this time, but first time attempt at slow-cooked mutton shoulder stuffed with garlic n rosemary! (sourced locally through actual vegans' am acquainted with who know ppl, if you can believe it lol - wouldn't be able to get it by myself, nor on demand)
IMG20240127223613.jpg

though has gone through multiple, less photogenic stages since

Last edited: